R
Rubee
Guest
Don’t forget YouTubeAbortion is not how people learn to hate. Hate is usually taught to them by parents, grandparents, and peers.
Don’t forget YouTubeAbortion is not how people learn to hate. Hate is usually taught to them by parents, grandparents, and peers.
I’ve never even read that website, but I have always supported “Black lives matter” because it’s a self-explanatory statement. I’m sure most people in the world read it the same way I do.Many good people subscribe to the original principle of “Black Lives Matter” without belonging to any organization or the website “blacklivesmatter.com” which is not the sole spokesman for all who support the principle. This is a case of attacking a good principle because of some bad actors who wear that label.
I doubt the Church will ever take an official position on a specific organization or website or twitter channel or Facebook page having to do with Black Lives Matter… What they will do, I think, is agree with the basic principle that black lives matter (all lower case.)And this is where I begin to need more answers on the Church’s stance on this particular #movement.
The conservative writer, Thomas Sowell, observed that it’s a common, if not disingenuous, tactic to hide an agenda within a generalization. Both liberals and conservatives are guilty of this.Their statement is rather vague: “We deserve and thus we demand reproductive justice that gives us autonomy over our bodies and our identities while ensuring that our children and families are supported, safe, and able to thrive. We deserve and thus we demand particpatory democracy that encompasess political, econonmic, cultural, spiritual, and sexual self-determination.”
Lol that was kind of to be expected by any movement that gains a following. History is replete with examples.I can’t speak for the BLM movement at large, which exists apart from the website, but I do wish the latter would just focus on police brutality and justice for George Floyd without trying to compel others to swear allegiance to other divisive causes.
I agree.I can’t speak for the BLM movement at large, which exists apart from the website, but I do wish the latter would just focus on police brutality and justice for George Floyd without trying to compel others to swear allegiance to other divisive causes.
It’s just that I ignore the organization. I support the movement wholeheartedly. You don’t have to be part of the organization to be part of the movement.I honestly don’t think BLM is a “local” or “grass roots” organization.