Any converts from atheism/agnosticism?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jessamy
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I’m annoyed
Sorry, my only points were these (spoken as a reformed agnostic)
  1. NEVER stop doubting, questioning, investigating.
  2. Don’t let someone convince you to fake faith. I think it leads to self-delusion.
    Now I will say goodbye, and again, sorry for using your thread.
 
Well I’m annoyed that my thread got brought back from the dead so that people could argue inanely. To be honest, I didn’t find it all that helpful to begin with, but most of that was on my end. Its hard to find the time to read all the comments and respond, and in the end I decided it was better to keep searching on my own and talking with the people in my life. And I have. It’s been a year since I started this thread and I’m still not sure where I’m headed. But the arguments here of late are definitely not helpful and I wish you’d start your own threads to have them on.

Obviously I can’t stop you unless I get the thread locked down but as the OP maybe you’ll listen to me? 🤷

On the other hand, if someone has a productive point to make I wouldn’t mind hearing it, though I don’t promise to respond either. I’d just appreciate it if you kept the real intent of the thread in mind when making posts.
Hey there. I was skimming through the threads and just happened to notice this one here which I too thought would be helpful, but NO! It’s just more about people’s “heartfelt :love: spiritual :angel1: journeys from darkness into the light of God’s warmth!” :yawn::yawn::yawn:

After carousing around here for about nine months myself, I *still *haven’t found peace of mind that He (with a capital “H”) exists (or at least the way the Church says He does). So, I guess I’m in the same boat as you with this one 😊.

I’ll keep searching (whatever the heck *that *means) and I hope you find answers as well, but for now I’ll say this as loud as I can:

Even with all the Ontological, Cosmological, and Liar-Lunatic-Lord arguments in the world, in the end…

People just choose their religion based on how they feel about it

But don’t believe me, that’s just how *I *feel about it :p.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top