Any non-Latin Rite Catholics here?

• Thread starter Thread starter UnworthySoul
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Deacon Ed:
Well, how about a bi-ritual deacon? I serve both a Latin and a Melkite parish. Does that count?

Deacon Ed
Now THAT is fascinating to me! God Bless you! Do you happen to know of any bi-ritual religious orders? I’ve heard that the Society of St. John Cantius might have that kind of desire.

40.png
Rocky8311:
Now THAT is fascinating to me! God Bless you! Do you happen to know of any bi-ritual religious orders? I’ve heard that the Society of St. John Cantius might have that kind of desire.
Rocky,

There are religious orders which have members who are bi-ritual and but no orders which are themselves bi-ritual and there really is no provision in Canon Law that I can identify which would permit such.

Many years,

Neil

Dear Maggie:

No, I am not non-Latin!:o

But I have noticed that all the responders to this thread, except maybe one, are MY cybermates at byzcath.org!

(Our Eastern Catholic brothers and sisters are the best kept secret in the Catholic Church!:D)

Any or all of them CAN answer anything Eastern Catholic, or anything Eastern AND Western for that matter.

Amado
(Cradle Roman and Papist;) )

P.S. Hey, guys, we should stop meeting like this!😛

I was Baptised and Confirmed Byzantine Catholic (Ukrainian). I now attend a Roman Catholic Church. I am sticking to the Latin rite since EWTN has been my primary source for Catholic teaching.

40.png
Amadeus:
Dear Maggie:

No, I am not non-Latin!:o

But I have noticed that all the responders to this thread, except maybe one, are MY cybermates at byzcath.org!

(Our Eastern Catholic brothers and sisters are the best kept secret in the Catholic Church!:D)

Any or all of them CAN answer anything Eastern Catholic, or anything Eastern AND Western for that matter.

Amado
(Cradle Roman and Papist;) )

P.S. Hey, guys, we should stop meeting like this!😛
That One must be me! :o
I didn’t know there was a Forum for ByzCatholic.

With egg on my face! :eek:

Go with God!
Edwin

40.png
Edwin1961:
That One must be me! :o
I didn’t know there was a Forum for ByzCatholic.
Edwin,

Scroll up to post #25 on this thread, where I posted a link to the Byzantine Forum and described it. Maggie, you might enjoy visiting us there too. As you can see from the remarks by my brother and old 😛 friend*, Amado, we welcome our Latin brothers and sisters.

Many years,

Neil

*we’re both celebrating our ruby (had to look that one up to find out the stone) high school reunions this year - from Jesuit high schools at opposite sides of the world

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back