Any old-timers here? (Greetings from Peter J.)

• Thread starter Thread starter Peter_Jericho
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I’ve been here since about 2010, give or take a year. But I changed my name from meltzerboy to meltzerboy2 when I found the new software somehow did not transfer the old name. Still don’t know why.

Last edited:
Since April 2008. It’s great that so many on this thread have been here from the beginning in 2004. We lost some other much-respected members when CAF changed platform.

Would not class myself as an old timer, but joined in May 2010. Not the greatest poster or interacter, but enjoy a lot of the posts and arguments. I’ve put in my tuppence hapenny on the rare occasion.
Happy New Year

I checked out the artwork at your website: absolutely incredible!

Me neither, but the “Steelers Nation” was a dead givaway!(Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)

Since April 2008. It’s great that so many on this thread have been here from the beginning in 2004. We lost some other much-respected members when CAF changed platform.
We lost more then just much-respected members when they changed the platform. 🙁

Hi all. I’ve spent a lot of time on this forum but very little in the last couple years. So I’m just wondering who’s still here from the old days …
I go back to June 27, 04, 1st post, although due to the new forum, I couldn’t use my old name.

Last edited:
Welcome back Peter.

I joined in Feb. 2006 so I have been on here for sometime but every now and then I just sit back and read the posts.

I do miss the old forums when what you posted often got got tagged for going off topic or not being kind. The forums were kept on topic and cut short if they got too heated. It did not take much to get you a mark and then you had to be very careful on what you posted or you would be banned for awhile.

I don’t understand why anyone would have to switch names. Maybe someone could explain that to me.

Last edited:
I can’t explain it. But I had to change my username from the old board. It recognized the old name and associated it with the password. But wouldn’t let me in until I modified the moniker.

According to your profile, GKMotley, it say you joined in 2017 but it feels like you have been on here a lot longer.

When the forums switch format, nothing changed for me.

Last edited:
I’ve been on CAF since September 2013, and indeed I miss the old days. I didn’t get to enjoy it for long enough! Ever since the update, it’s been so cold and unfamiliar. And the topics haven’t been very interesting, either.

May God bless you all! 🙂

Yes, I had the same problem myself. I had to change the spelling of “diaconia,” to migrate to the new system.

Luckily, “diakonia” and “diaconia” are both acceptable renderings of the word.

Deacon Christopher

I was on the old forum around 2004-2005, if the creaky memory is functioning. And was on it until the new forum opened. And when I tried to transfer, shortly after, it happened as I related. No idea. Kept the old password, too. But obviously it let me in as a “new” member with a new (modified) name in 2017.

I added my famous “motley”, a catchword on the old board, to a truncated form of the old board name.

I used to post more on the old forums and they seem to shut down quicker if off topic. It was a bit upsetting to try to post when all of a sudden the topic would be closed.

I got quite a few warnings but not banned and had to constantly think about what I posted because one word could come across as unkind.

It probably was a great deal of work to read each forum for the moderators so now it is more about self monitoring but that does not work as well.

The topics often go on and on.

Last edited:
I forgot what your old username was, but I was happy when you finally showed up
on the new platform.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back