Anyone catch O'Reilly yesterday?

• Thread starter Thread starter Fizendell
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Fizendell

Flipping through the channels late last night, my husband stopped on The O’Reilly Factor and Bill was talking with Father Murray (I can’t recall his first name.) and discussing when Cardinal Ratizinger sent a letter to the Bishops in the US regarding political figures who were openly pro-abortion were to be admonished and not given communion until they repented. Bill was, in my opinion, a bit out of character in asking Father Murray questions about whether our new Pope would be “interfereing in American politics” and I give great kudos to Father Murray - his response was something to the effect of, “No, the Pope will reprimand Catholics according to the doctrine of the Church.”

I was trying to find the transcript of the show on Foxnews.com, but I can’t locate it - maybe it will be up soon. I just wanted to share that it was a GREAT conversation, Father Murray stated and restated the position of the Church beautifully.

OH - and the kicker was - Bill asks if the new Pope will be excommunicating people for using birth control (and other reasons I can’t remember) because if so, there’s going to be a lot of empty churches. And my thought was - Not necessarily Bill - there’s a LOT of Catholics out there hoping for a revival in conservativism and actually following Church doctrine.

Thought I’d share!

=)
Fiz

I didn’t see the show because O’Reilly irritates me especially with his comments regarding the Church. I am glad Father was able to get his point accross 👍

40.png
Fizendell:
Flipping through the channels late last night, my husband stopped on The O’Reilly Factor and Bill was talking with Father Murray (I can’t recall his first name.) and discussing when Cardinal Ratizinger sent a letter to the Bishops in the US regarding political figures who were openly pro-abortion were to be admonished and not given communion until they repented. Bill was, in my opinion, a bit out of character in asking Father Murray questions about whether our new Pope would be “interfereing in American politics” and I give great kudos to Father Murray - his response was something to the effect of, “No, the Pope will reprimand Catholics according to the doctrine of the Church.”

OH - and the kicker was - Bill asks if the new Pope will be excommunicating people for using birth control (and other reasons I can’t remember) because if so, there’s going to be a lot of empty churches. And my thought was - Not necessarily Bill - there’s a LOT of Catholics out there hoping for a revival in conservativism and actually following Church doctrine.

I didn’t see it, but good for Father Murray. 👍

If Catholics don’t want to follow the rules, they don’t have to stay.

:blessyou:

Was drifting off to sleep with the TV on and heard this - told my DH this morning that I had to find out who the Priest was that was giving the interview. He was awesome!

I’ve given up on Bill O’Reilly for several reasons, among them:

1. *]He is a CINO
    *]He should rename his show the “O’Reilly Centrifuge”, because its all spin.
    *]He is more of a billboard for Temperpaedic Mattresses than anything else. I get tired of 12 minutes of commercials per 3 minutes of commentary.
    *]If I want to listen to alot of hot air, I’ll turn on my hair dryer at home.

I used to like O’Reilly in the begining but he annoys me greatly anymore. I find myself checking his show out along with another I don’t suffer well, Chris Matthews! Father Gerald Murray was an excellent guest Priest! He stood up for the faith on every issue and was not intimidated by O’Reilly. I was hooting and hollering and I made my dog give me a high-five(what can I say? my Husband wasn’t in the room!). This was good to see because lately all O’Reilly has on his show are “Priests” like Fr. Jim Martin and Richard O’Brien!

I cannot suffer through O’Reilly’s anti-Catholic positions…he seems to think he is the Pope.

fix,

I just wish more faithful Catholics would see the truth about BO.

Amen to all these comments. BO is quick to point out that he is Catholic, but it became clear to me during the Priest scandal, that he is luke-warm at best…calling for the Pope to resign!

🙂

-jf

40.png
Scott_Lafrance:
I’ve given up on Bill O’Reilly for several reasons, among them:

1. *]He is a CINO
    *]He should rename his show the “O’Reilly Centrifuge”, because its all spin.
    *]He is more of a billboard for Temperpaedic Mattresses than anything else. I get tired of 12 minutes of commercials per 3 minutes of commentary.
    *]If I want to listen to alot of hot air, I’ll turn on my hair dryer at home.

1. :amen: I used to be a big fan but you nailed it. He’s become a legend in his own mind. Thank heavens our local station replaced Clark Howard with Laura Ingraham. I listen to her in what is also O’Reilly’s timeslot.

Lisa N

40.png
jimfak:
Amen to all these comments. BO is quick to point out that he is Catholic, but it became clear to me during the Priest scandal, that he is luke-warm at best…calling for the Pope to resign!

🙂

-jf
Say, I just realized his initials actually spell BOR as in BOR-ing

Lisa N (no longer a fan anyone wanna buy my book collection?)

40.png
TPJCatholic:
fix,

I just wish more faithful Catholics would see the truth about BO.
I believe faithful Catholics know the truth about O’Reilly and Matthews. The cino and cafeteria Catholics are the ones who agree with them. The reason I flip through these shows is to see what info is being pushed forth through them. Sometimes it’s good/truth information and often it’s bad/false info. I believe that Bill O’Reilly and Chris Matthews portray a bad example of what a Catholic is to non-Catholics who tune into their show.

Lucania,

I agree completely…Bo and Matthews are horrible examples for Catholics, which is why I tell people all the time not to watch them and to tell them why. We already know the MSM is against the faith, we should not tolerate an entire new group (BO, Matthews and the like) to do the same. The best way to change them is to stop watching them.

Lisa N said:
:amen: I used to be a big fan but you nailed it. He’s become a legend in his own mind. Thank heavens our local station replaced Clark Howard with Laura Ingraham. I listen to her in what is also O’Reilly’s timeslot.

Lisa N

I love Laura Ingraham. She is a good Catholic voice on secular talk radio.

Yonnie,

I agree…Laura is awesome…she is a good witness, which is no surprise considering she is a recent convert to the faith. She also tells it like it is, she was attacking the Republicans today, very angry, and you will not hear that from Rush or Sean Hannity…they never say anything negative about there party.

40.png
TPJCatholic:
Yonnie,

I agree…Laura is awesome…she is a good witness, which is no surprise considering she is a recent convert to the faith. She also tells it like it is, she was attacking the Republicans today, very angry, and you will not hear that from Rush or Sean Hannity…they never say anything negative about there party.
Yes I’m listening to her right now. Those RINOS need to grow some cojones. What a bunch of WIMPS!!!

Lisa N

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back