Anyone here working ON Christmas day?

  • Thread starter Thread starter whatevergirl
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
After watching the weather, it has hit me that, for the first time, my son, who is the only person outside church I spend Christmas Day with, may be working. He got a part-time job in town where he is responsible for snow removal and the salting and maintaining of public walkways and parking areas. I guess it will just improve his already healthy appetite!! It gives me a new appreciation for road crew people and utility people who may be called out without much notice any day including Christmas.

So, thanks to all of you who keep our roads safe, and our lights and heat on. How about just enough snow to make things look pretty, but not enough to make driving hazardous or the lights go out!?! Sorry skiers and sledders!!

Merry Christmas!
 
After watching the weather, it has hit me that, for the first time, my son, who is the only person outside church I spend Christmas Day with, may be working. He got a part-time job in town where he is responsible for snow removal and the salting and maintaining of public walkways and parking areas. I guess it will just improve his already healthy appetite!! It gives me a new appreciation for road crew people and utility people who may be called out without much notice any day including Christmas.

So, thanks to all of you who keep our roads safe, and our lights and heat on. How about just enough snow to make things look pretty, but not enough to make driving hazardous or the lights go out!?! Sorry skiers and sledders!!

Merry Christmas!
*God bless your son, did he end up having to work, Linda?

I appreciate you posting this too; sometimes I forget that the many people who are working today (on Christmas) are necessary to keeping towns/cities safe. Police, firefighters, hospital personnel, road crews who are out salting and keeping the roads safe in case of snow, etc. My husband called me a little while ago from work to see how we’re all doing…and he said it has been beyond busy, people booking their vacations already for next summer! I don’t even know where we’ll be next week. 😛 He has to close down the computers at night, so he was needed to work today. God bless him, he is in bright spirits…glad we had some time today in the morning, before he had to leave for work…and we had last night to attend mass, and have a nice Christmas Eve dinner.

To all who are working now, and had to work earlier today…God bless you and hope you were able to enjoy this day of the birth of our Savior, in your own special way.*
 
To all who are working now, and had to work earlier today…God bless you and hope you were able to enjoy this day of the birth of our Savior, in your own special way.
Oh, yes! It is a glorious Christmas. These people here are almost like a second family anyway and I am happy to be here.
 
Well, since babe didn’t come yet, I worked yesterday morning for mass. My music director told me I could come if she wasn’t here yet, which was very nice of him to do. I was also ended up hired to sing for the Vigil at another parish because the priest there asked for me at the last minute, but we had a false alarm and was in the hospital hoping we’d have a Christmas Eve/Christmas Day baby. Unfortunately, we were sent home. No baby. 😦 Both parishes had another cantor “on-call” in case babe did decide to come, though. 😛
 
*God bless your son, did he end up having to work, Linda?

I appreciate you posting this too; sometimes I forget that the many people who are working today (on Christmas) are necessary to keeping towns/cities safe. Police, firefighters, hospital personnel, road crews who are out salting and keeping the roads safe in case of snow, etc. My husband called me a little while ago from work to see how we’re all doing…and he said it has been beyond busy, people booking their vacations already for next summer! I don’t even know where we’ll be next week. 😛 He has to close down the computers at night, so he was needed to work today. God bless him, he is in bright spirits…glad we had some time today in the morning, before he had to leave for work…and we had last night to attend mass, and have a nice Christmas Eve dinner.

To all who are working now, and had to work earlier today…God bless you and hope you were able to enjoy this day of the birth of our Savior, in your own special way.*
No, he didn’t have to work. The temperatures weren’t as cold as they predicted, so, we mostly had rain. Thank you for asking! I did see cinder trucks out in anticipation of the weather on Christmas, and I had a new appreciation for their drivers.

I’m sorry you and your husband didn’t have more of the day to spend together. My priest is notorious for preaching about quality vs. quantity. So, enjoying and appreciating the time you had is worth more than those who may have spent 24 hours together and dreaded it!! (Bad grammar, I’m sure, but I hope it makes sense!?)

My son is not Catholic, though he attends church regularly. I play at both a Methodist and a Catholic Church. He had the option of going to either for Christmas Eve - one of Mom’s Holy Days of Observation! He CHOSE to go with me to midnight Mass. What an awesome Christmas present!

Merry Christmas! It’s only just begun!!
 
Thank you. Next, New Year’s Eve. That’s always a hoot around here.
*I was going to ask…but…lol 😃
My husband has OFF on NY’s Eve, so we’re happy about that, although, he has to work NY’s day. Blessings for a happy new year for you. *
 
No, he didn’t have to work. The temperatures weren’t as cold as they predicted, so, we mostly had rain. Thank you for asking! I did see cinder trucks out in anticipation of the weather on Christmas, and I had a new appreciation for their drivers.

I’m sorry you and your husband didn’t have more of the day to spend together. My priest is notorious for preaching about quality vs. quantity. So, enjoying and appreciating the time you had is worth more than those who may have spent 24 hours together and dreaded it!! (Bad grammar, I’m sure, but I hope it makes sense!?)

My son is not Catholic, though he attends church regularly. I play at both a Methodist and a Catholic Church. He had the option of going to either for Christmas Eve - one of Mom’s Holy Days of Observation! He CHOSE to go with me to midnight Mass. What an awesome Christmas present!

Merry Christmas! It’s only just begun!!
*Hey, that IS an awesome Christmas present, Linda. So happy for you. :hug1: Blessings to you, him, and your family for this upcoming year. *
 
*Hey, that IS an awesome Christmas present, Linda. So happy for you. :hug1: Blessings to you, him, and your family for this upcoming year. *
Thanks!! May you and your family also have a happy and blessed year.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top