Are US cities seeing a surge in violent crime as Trump claims?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Maxirad
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not sure what you are responding to here. I didn’t deny that there were “thugs” or “criminals” or whatever wandering American streets. I didn’t even know that is what we were discussing. We were talking about the Black Panthers, I thought.
 
I wish I had the luxury of disbelieving in criminality displayed on videos
Then do not watch them. If all you watch were puppy videos, would you think the whole world was puppies? Images of violence are not statistically significant of anything. Those that use these type of images are not using logic, but a type of propaganda relying on overwhelming one with anecdotes, something real leaders cannot rely on.
 
From the Times article:
The F.B.I. doesn’t supply recent crime statistics, so we collected Uniform Crime Report (U.C.R.) data for these cities (each with over 250,000 people), which reported data at least through the end of May.
They did a sampling.

Furthermore, why is there an increase in murder, if that does, in fact, hold true? The trend from some of the above garbage to blame it on black people who are all up in arms is proven a false correlation. Their sampling, showing an increase in murders, and a decrease in crime, went from January to May. George Floyd was killed on May 25th, making the only significant change this year the lockdown.
 
Last edited:
You guys live in a bubble. You’re totally naive. Neither of you will react until there is a gun in your face, and probably not even then. I’m outta here.

Good-bye CAF.
 
Last edited:
Why did you reply to me if you weren’t actually responding to what I was saying? I don’t understand.
 
The man has only posted videos and not given one cogent argument. When confronted with one simple point, that anecdotal evidence is not evidence, he responds with insults. I think asking “why” might be too much.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top