Armed counter protesters headed for Louisville

  • Thread starter Thread starter CradleRC58
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Protesting here is encouraged and not disreputable behavior.

Active duty military not allowed to display political leanings, so not able to protest politics.
 
So what does qualify to be considered “cosplay” to you. BTW - it was an “ammunition vest” AND one of those dangerous-looking “ASSAULT-TYPE WEAPON” he was wearing.

Is that enough?

Or…would he have to be white?
Going to a protest with a loaded weapon is stupid. Going to a protest with an unloaded weapon is stupid. Dressing up and playing vigilante is wrong.

Why would the color of the person matter?
 
His commander commented.

His Commander knows him. . . .
 
Last edited:
Why would the color of the person matter?
I dont know. Why are you calling the presumably white counterprotesters “gun nut cosplayers”, but wont call the black guy dressed up in a green vest and mean looking assault rifle the same thing?
 
I dont know why you guys are going at it so much, but…yeah, a lot of our fellow countrymen are anti-American. They have been taught this Marxist stuff for years in school. Just look at the Marxists leading our current rioting.
 
I dont know. Why are you calling the presumably white counterprotesters “gun nut cosplayers”, but wont call the black guy dressed up in a green vest and mean looking assault rifle the same thing?
They are both gun nut Cosplay idiots.

Happy?
 
You don’t have a clue.

Why don’t you fix you a nice warm cup of tea and quit pretending to have a clue as to what is going on in Louisville Kentucky.
Why don’t you fall back a bit, friend? Jharek is a quality poster and you’re being needlessly aggressive.
 
A little bit, thanks!

Obviously you are not a racist, and I apologize for the inference. I was just trying to make a point that if such comments were made from the right, and about a group of presumably blacks, it would have been declared racist by those who strive to keep us at each others throats.
 
A little bit, thanks!
I am in Virginia, an open carry state, and I just think it’s silly to open carry anywhere. I don’t see the purpose. The right to carry is established law, so “exercising” the right is nothing more than “look at me” in my mind.

I’m a veteran. I’ve fired weapons. Was assigned an M-60 for awhile - I think it was replaced by the M249 Squad Automatic Weapon. I always shot expert with my M16. So, I’m not afraid of weapons.

But, I’m really afraid of weapons. You can kill kill people with them! So, if you’re not in a position, legally and morally, to kill people, I don’t see the use of dressing up and arming up and saying you’re “restoring order”.
 
Last edited:
Hey…come on now. Ad hominem is the lifeblood of the World News forum.
 
I am in Virginia, an open carry state, and I just think it’s silly to open carry anywhere. I don’t see the purpose. The right to carry is established law, so “exercising” the right is nothing more than “look at me” in my mind.
I generally agree with you. I dont open carry because if I am ever in a situation to defend myself or others I want to be able to have the element of surprise to launch my counter-attack.
So, if you’re not in a position, legally and morally, to kill people, I don’t see the use of dressing up and arming up and saying you’re “restoring order”.
Because all it takes for evil to succeed in this world is for good men to do nothing. And Marxism/Communism is an evil.

Regarding open/concealed carry: Individually I carry concealed. But why do police carry open? As a deterrant. I can see a group of people might want to carry openly as a visible signature of deterrance. (Ie: dont theow a brick at those guys, they have guns.).
 
I generally agree with you. I dont open carry because if I am ever in a situation to defend myself or others I want to be able to have the element of surprise to launch my counter-attack.
Yep.
Because all it takes for evil to succeed in this world is for good men to do nothing. And Marxism/Communism is an evil.
I don’t see how that applies here.

Now, I think that police should protect the peaceful protesters and arrest the violent protesters. That’s easy to say but maybe not easy to do.
I can see a group of people might want to carry openly as a visible signature of deterrance. (Ie: dont theow a brick at those guys, they have guns.).
Yeah, but I think open carry borders on brandishing. If you are in a situation where people are throwing bricks, and you are not at home, you should leave the area. You are not the police and are not there to restore order.
 
I don’t see how that applies here.

Now, I think that police should protect the peaceful protesters and arrest the violent protesters. That’s easy to say but maybe not easy to do.
It applies here because the legitimate protestors are overrun/overshadowed by the Marxists who simply want to destroy.

They are evil. If good do not step up, we let this evil persist and grow into widespread rioting which hurts more innocent people. That is evil.
think that police should protect the peaceful protesters and arrest the violent protesters. That’s easy to say but maybe not easy to do.
Yes. Good men should act against evil. But they are being prevented by the Democrat political leaders. So other good men are needed to stop this evil.
but I think open carry borders on brandishing
Does a police officer brandish their weapon by openly carrying? Of course not. Neither does anyone else, nor does it meet ANY legal definition of “brandishing” I have read.
If you are in a situation where people are throwing bricks, and you are not at home, you should leave the area. You are not the police and are not there to restore order.
And allow evil to prevail? What if the police wont or cant?
 
Last edited:
Does a police officer brandish their weapon by openly carrying? Of course not. Neither does anyone else, nor does it meet ANY legal definition of “brandishing” I have read.
I said borders on. I know the definition. I also know that civilians are not police officers. A civilian has no reason to open carry.
And allow evil to prevail? What if the police wont or cant?
Civilians are not the police. You know that you may you your weapon to protect your life and the life of family members around you. You may not use your weapon to effect arrests or stop people from throwing bricks.
 
A civilian has no reason to open carry.
Doesn’t matter. The government has no right to prevent me. If I find I have a reason to do this, then I shall not be prevented.
You may not use your weapon to effect arrests
Technically I am a retired federal LEO (although this is effectively a joke from my previous organization) so I could.
or stop people from throwing bricks.
Yes, we absolutely could do this. Bricks are deadly weapons.
 
The first brick thrown has the same risk of death or serious bodily injury as the last. If a brick is being thrown in the direction of people, that’s a deadly force situation.

Your video is just another example of how western civilization is collapsing. The world will be a far worse place without it.
 
Last edited:
Doesn’t matter. The government has no right to prevent me. If I find I have a reason to do this, then I shall not be prevented.
I agree you can open carry. I just don’t know why you should.
Technically I am a retired federal LEO (although this is effectively a joke from my previous organization) so I could.
Only a “citizen’s arrest” and only in jurisdictions that allow it.
Yes, we absolutely could do this. Bricks are deadly weapons.
Throwing bricks at what? or whom?

Trowing bricks at you? Back off. No way to retreat? Defend yourself, yes.
 
Only a “citizen’s arrest” and only in jurisdictions that allow it.
This is a tangent, but not legally. Although never really used, my service has some of the broadest law enforcement legal authority found in the US. And since military retirees are not really “retired” as much as put on indefinite recall with pay, military laws still apply to us (For example, I am still legally under the jurisdiction of the UCMJ). Therefore 14 USC 89 still applies to me as well. So, legally, if I see a violation of federal law, I could still make an arrest. At least, that is what has been explained to me. Of course, I would have nobody to prosecute that arrest as my “agency” does not encourage such behavior. (They really don’t encourage active duty types to arrest anyone either). So it’s all really a hypothetical moot point.
Trowing bricks at you? Back off. No way to retreat? Defend yourself, yes.
I think morally we have the duty to retreat when we can. However I am glad that most states clearly say one has no DUTY to retreat as that just opens anyone who defends themselves up to overzealous prosecutors who can ALWAYS use a retrospectoscope to find a way that someone COULD have retreated.
 
When I was active duty in the US military, what you did on your leave did matter to the commander in charge, especially if it reflected badly on the military.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top