Arrest made at Coulter speech

• Thread starter Thread starter David_Paul
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Ann coulter is also known for being vulgar. I dont agree with her but I am accepting of other peoples beliefs. However I often find her disgusting, offensive, and disturbing. How she could be liked by Christians is beyond me. She may support your platforms, but shes very hateful and at times disgusting.

40.png
siamesecat:
Well Ann coulter is also known for being vulgar. I dont agree with her but I am accepting of other peoples beliefs. However I often find her disgusting, offensive, and disturbing. How she could be liked by Christians is beyond me. She may support your platforms, but shes very hateful and at times disgusting.
I think kmkTexas was right about the vulgar/obscene distinction. I will admit that Coulter can be - from time to time - obscene (not vulgar).

However - what does this have to do with somebody disrupting her and asking obscene questions? I did not hear anything of Coulter being obscene at this engagement.

40.png
siamesecat:
I would say she can be somewhat crude but I’m glad you are disturbed because she says some very disturbing things. I find her very much to the point, unafraid to take on political correctness, sharp of mind and wit. In short I love Ann Coulter and would love to see her live and in person.

Lisa N

40.png
wabrams:
I’m not disagreeing with you, but just commenting on the way it seemed you post read: that he had not paid and the others had.
Heavens! I can’t imagine why you came to that conclusion. It has nothing to do with whether the man paid or not but his incredible piggish behavior that ruined the experience for others who wanted to hear the speaker and engage in a POLITE discourse.

I think that if you attend an event that you owe it to your fellow attendees to be respectful of their desire to hear the speaker, the music, see the play, whatever. If you don’t like it, walk out, demand your money back, but LEAVE. Again, people who disrupt these events, whether using vulgarities or not, are boors and pigs and should be removed, by force if necessary.

We recently had a ‘face off’ at a local college. The conservative speaker was pelted with a shoe (he quipped that he appreciated that the shoe thrower had such poor aim!). Were these people born in a pigstye? I won’t even elevate their behavior to that of someone born in a barn. Sorry but it INVARIABLY is a liberal who engages in such childish and rude behavior. What is it about liberals that they haven’t grown up?

Lisa N

40.png
wabrams:
In this case, the University paid 30k for her to speak. So in essence, this protester helped pay for her to come to UT.
UHUH! Right! So one dweeb out of everyone else there (who also helped pay btw) gets the right to ruin it for everyone by being a complete twit. Not on my watch he don’t! :mad:

40.png
wabrams:
You’re right. And on the other side of the coin, Conservatives (not all) try to squash any speech that doesn’t agree with their view point, no matter how peaceful.
When was the last time you heard a liberal getting a pie in the face at a speech? When was the last time a liberal speaker was “shouted out” at a college campus? There were violent protests outside the Republican convention…I didn’t see any conservative protesters engaging in violent protests outside the Democratic convention!

Lisa N:
Heavens! I can’t imagine why you came to that conclusion. It has nothing to do with whether the man paid or not but his incredible piggish behavior that ruined the experience for others who wanted to hear the speaker and engage in a POLITE discourse.

I think that if you attend an event that you owe it to your fellow attendees to be respectful of their desire to hear the speaker, the music, see the play, whatever. If you don’t like it, walk out, demand your money back, but LEAVE. Again, people who disrupt these events, whether using vulgarities or not, are boors and pigs and should be removed, by force if necessary.

We recently had a ‘face off’ at a local college. The conservative speaker was pelted with a shoe (he quipped that he appreciated that the shoe thrower had such poor aim!). Were these people born in a pigstye? I won’t even elevate their behavior to that of someone born in a barn. Sorry but it INVARIABLY is a liberal who engages in such childish and rude behavior. What is it about liberals that they haven’t grown up?

Lisa N
I wasn’t talking about this incident in particular, just responding to your general comment about Liberals, which I don’t necessarily disagree with you on.

40.png
wabrams:
In this case, the University paid 30k for her to speak. So in essence, this protester helped pay for her to come to UT.
Using your line of reasoning, I should have the right to go into congress and shout down any congressman or senator during a speech, since my tax dollars contribute to their salary.

40.png
shockerfan:
When was the last time you heard a liberal getting a pie in the face at a speech? When was the last time a liberal speaker was “shouted out” at a college campus? There were violent protests outside the Republican convention…I didn’t see any conservative protesters engaging in violent protests outside the Democratic convention!
I also don’t see Conservative’s being sent to “Free Speech Zones” which is a blatant violatoin of the 1st Amendment. The more you try to squash the other sides views, no matter how much we disagree with them, the harder they will push back.

40.png
shockerfan:
Using your line of reasoning, I should have the right to go into congress and shout down any congressman or senator during a speech, since my tax dollars contribute to their salary.
I’ve already explained my reasoning behind this statement, so why don’t you do both of us a favor and scroll up a little bit and read it.

40.png
Marie:
UHUH! Right! So one dweeb out of everyone else there (who also helped pay btw) gets the right to ruin it for everyone by being a complete twit. Not on my watch he don’t! :mad:
You know, the article never stated if anyone else was being disruptive or booing. “Not on my watch he don’t,” priceless. :rolleyes:

40.png
wabrams:
I also don’t see Conservative’s being sent to “Free Speech Zones” which is a blatant violatoin of the 1st Amendment. The more you try to squash the other sides views, no matter how much we disagree with them, the harder they will push back.
Perhaps if the libs weren’t so violent and such a security threat, free speech zones wouldn’t be needed.

40.png
wabrams:
I’ve already explained my reasoning behind this statement, so why don’t you do both of us a favor and scroll up a little bit and read it.
After scrolling up and reading the other posts, It seems I wasn’t the only one who didn’t get your reasoning…

40.png
shockerfan:
After scrolling up and reading the other posts, It seems I wasn’t the only one who didn’t get your reasoning…
See post #15. And BTW, what’s your point?

40.png
shockerfan:
Perhaps if the libs weren’t so violent and such a security threat, free speech zones wouldn’t be needed.
How are they a security threat? I don’t recall any pie throwing until AFTER the election; besides, thats not even a security threat. Free Speach Zones were during the campaigns. This whole “security threat” because they might endanger the President? Give me a break, someone who wants to harm him isn’t going to be holding up protest signs. Back up your statement how they are violent and a security threat.

40.png
wabrams:
How are they a security threat? I don’t recall any pie throwing until AFTER the election; besides, thats not even a security threat. Free Speach Zones were during the campaigns. This whole “security threat” because they might endanger the President? Give me a break, someone who wants to harm him isn’t going to be holding up protest signs. Back up your statement how they are violent and a security threat.
I found these two just doing a quick google:

nydailynews.com/front/story/211413p-182089c.html

command-post.org/oped/2_archives/014835.html

40.png
wabrams:
When somebody rushes the stage to throw something at a speaker - whether it is Ann Coulter, or Bill Moyers - that is a security threat.

Your idea of “Free Speech” is skewed. Freedom of speech means (I’ve said this before) the Government cannot arrrest or pusecute you for your political views. However ALL speech must conform to rules of decorum and decency.

I teach at a public High School, and students are constantly attempting to use “free speech” in order to get away with saying - or doing some pretty outlandish things. What theat pig Raj said was both vulgar and onscene, not to mention the crude gester he did on the way back to the seat. Add to it the children that were present to see the ordeal.

Read the police report, judge for yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back