Beginning to give up

• Thread starter Thread starter PMV
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m glad to hear that you’re coming to grips with the situation. God will help you through this. At 17, you don’t have too much longer that you’ll have to be at your parents’ home, so it will pass.

WooHoo! God Bless you PMV! Talking about embarassing hair…I got so mad once at how long my hair was that I cut it myself…I looked like a bozo with uneven cuts but I was loved by God! The hair cutter scolded me for having cut my hair which made me look like a bozo but no matter how I looked I still had the respect of my peers and friends. But even if I did not have the respect of my peers, God respects me. He is the love of my life and my first love. If He can accept me why can’t I? My hair is just a passing reality. Do not worry, love yourself despite your hair and I think you are coming to grips with that. Good for you! It is good to meditate on the Passion of the Lord. His Sacrifice really puts any of ours into perspective and totally makes us realize how insignificant our suffering is in comparison with the greatest Sacrifice of all.

PMV with regards to your question about moving out and then growing your hair, once you’re independent and reached the age of majority, I do not think that it would constitute disobedience to your parents if you chose to grow your hair in the same way that it would NOT constitute disobedience if you chose to become a Priest when your parents willed you to Marry.

Thank you all for the encouraging replies. Something else amazing happened today…my mother said that I may have my hair how I wish, as long as my dad approves of it, and he does! This is extraordinary, and from what I recall, it is NOT what I was expecting; it’s hard for me to grasp this! 🙂 God works in mysterious ways…

After waiting, my hair will obviously grow back and I could have it the way I wanted it and probably have more dignity back. I have been given mercy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back