"Bible beleiving Church"

  • Thread starter Thread starter JED8643
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, I post on two Baptist message boards where there are Catholic members on each one.

On the other hand, I could just as easily say “Catholics are so nice to Baptists that they won’t even let us take communion with them”.
why would we it would causing you to sin in a most grievious way…why?? cause you don’t believe in the truth of the Eucharist…“don’t give pearls to swine least they trample them under foot”
 
So in light of this, could you please give a reasonable and honest reply that satisfies the questions that are posted on this and other threads, rather than merely “answering” them?
Don’t hold your breath. Can’t give what you do not have.

.
 
why would we it would causing you to sin in a most grievious way
That’s not what the Bible says. We take communion all the time and there’s no sin in it.
“don’t give pearls to swine least they trample them under foot”
Actually, that verse doesn’t have anything to do with communion.
 
Nor does a Baptist communion have anything to do with the Real Presence in the Eucharist.
 
why would we it would causing you to sin in a most grievious way…why?? cause you don’t believe in the truth of the Eucharist…“don’t give pearls to swine least they trample them under foot”
This is absolutely my last post on this forum, but I do have to say how disgusted I feel witnessing a Catholic imply other Christians are “swine”. Just at the moment I feel utterly ashamed at what can be said in the name of Catholicism.
 
Yes, I feel rather ashamed at the way non-Catholics are treated here. Internet discussion forums will never bring out the best of people, but the culture here seems particularly aggressive; I think I’ll retreat back to calmer places.

God bless you Jim; let us each follow Christ in the best way we each possibly can. I don’t doubt you are doing that.

Michael
And I’m ashamed that a Catholic who has been member for such a short time and had made almost no contribtion to the discussions would make such a blanket condemnation of this forum and the Catholic’s who post here.

When you tell Jim that we should all follow Christ in the best way we possbly can are you saying that all Christian faiths are equal? And if so how you do you reconcile that with claiming the Catholic?

When Jim comes here and attacks our Faith should we all just smile and say “well we are all just following Christ the best way we can”?
.
 
This is absolutely my last post on this forum, but I do have to say how disgusted I feel witnessing a Catholic imply other Christians are “swine”. Just at the moment I feel utterly ashamed at what can be said in the name of Catholicism.
I think you are minsinterpreting fbl9’s post.
 
This is absolutely my last post on this forum, but I do have to say how disgusted I feel witnessing a Catholic imply other Christians are “swine”. Just at the moment I feel utterly ashamed at what can be said in the name of Catholicism.
i sorry …i guess you would prefer to be called a son of a whore,idol worshipper,pagans and a whole other slough of vile terms brother PJ and company would call catholics…
 
And I’m ashamed that a Catholic who has been member for such a short time and had made almost no contribtion to the discussions would make such a blanket condemnation of this forum and the Catholic’s who post here…
Are you talking about me?
 
That’s not what the Bible says. We take communion all the time and there’s no sin in it.

Actually, that verse doesn’t have anything to do with communion.
PJ the bible clearly states "unless you eat the flesh and drink the blood of the son of man you have no life in you"this is what you don’t beleive so it would be a sin to allow you to do something in which you have faith in…
 
That’s not what the Bible says. We take communion all the time and there’s no sin in it.
The reason why we would say that allowing Baptists to receive communion would be a grave sin is because Baptists, or at least the Baptist churches I’m familiar with, don’t believe in the real presence of Jesus in the Eucharist, or communion as y’all call it.
see 1 Corinthians 11:29

So as Catholics we believe that the Eucharist is the Body of Christ, and if you partake of the body of Christ without thinking that it is the body of Christ, that it is a mere symbol, you would be doing yourself harm.

Also, there is an issue as Baptists are not in communion with the Church, so reception of Communion from persons in communities that are not in communion with the Church would be expressing a unity that does not exist.

Hope this helps clarify our position. Peace!
 
Another reason we don’t permit non-Catholics to take the Eucharist is because we believe that the Eucharist is also a sign of unity among Catholics.

When one accepts the Eucharist, one is assenting that s/he is in full communion with the Catholic Church and believes in all of its teachings.

Would you want to take communion in a Catholic Church, Pastor Jim, knowing that if you did so you would be sending the message, “I believe in everything the Catholic Church teaches”?
 
Originally Posted by Popes Soldier
You think this site is aggressive?
Of the forums I post on, this is certainly the most confrontational and aggressive. This is going a little off-topic but this site also is the most male-dominated of the forums I post on (I would hazard a guess that 90% of posts here are from men) , which perhaps is why it has the most aggressive culture?

Michael
I notice you didn’t address my WHOLE post. I said:

*You think this site is aggressive? I offer you a challenge: Sign up at a protestant forum, pretend you are a Catholic, and post a few Cathoilic ideas, then watch what follows. If you’re lucky, you will be called an idolator, a Mariolator, a pope worshipper, a pagan, the whore of Babylon, and more. Or, more likely, you will just be immediately banned for posting Catholic ideas. I know: I’ve been there and done that.,

Sorry my friend: We are far more tolerant of protestant ideas than protestants are of ours. Those are THE FACTS*

I stand by that post. I wish I could name the names of the forums, but thats probably against the rules. And the thing that upsets me most of all about them is that they always call themselves “Christian” forums, as if the name Christian applies only to them. This underscores the unspoken fact that they believe Catholics are NOT Christians.

I’m sorry sir: My experiences - which are many - tell me that you are wrong
I think he’s talking about Michael96.
Oh. You mean he’s Catholic??!! Wow.
 
Would you want to take communion in a Catholic Church, Pastor Jim, knowing that if you did so you would be sending the message, “I believe in everything the Catholic Church teaches”?
The question isn’t whether or not I would want to, but whether or not the Catholics would put their money where their collective mouth is.

I have no doubt that a Catholic would never disgrace himself by darkening our doors, but that doesn’t stop us from holding the invitation (no pun intended) out to Catholics who may be born again to join us in communion.
Also, there is an issue as Baptists are not in communion with the Church, so reception of Communion from persons in communities that are not in communion with the Church would be expressing a unity that does not exist.
So then it comes back to our not being real Christians in your eyes.
PJ the bible clearly states "unless you eat the flesh and drink the blood of the son of man you have no life in you"this is what you don’t beleive so it would be a sin to allow you to do something in which you have faith in…
Another lie. We believe very strongly in this.
 
The question isn’t whether or not I would want to, but whether or not the Catholics would put their money where their collective mouth is.

I have no doubt that a Catholic would never disgrace himself by darkening our doors, but that doesn’t stop us from holding the invitation (no pun intended) out to Catholics who may be born again to join us in communion.
and we do put our money where our mouth is and that is why you wouldn’t be invited to recive the Eucharist.Any person is welcome to come celebrate mass with us,.but you can’t recieve something in which you have no faith in…just to set it straight for once PJ ALL CATHOLICS ARE BORN AGAIN,IT IS BY THE WATERS OF BAPTISM WE BECOME ADOPTED CHILDREN OF GOD…it is up to the individual to live as such…>>>>another lie???since when did baptists believe the bread and wine (not grape juice) become the body and blood of our Lord?
 
Oh dear! Where to begin?

Pastor Jim, we’ve been over this. To be rich in history is to become Catholic. We’ve already said that, however, what you said in one of your posts, history is NOT our authority. But, yes, we do put a lot of stock in history. It’s funny you don’t. It really is. You say we put our authority in history and you don’t. What a Catholic hears is, “I’ma do what I want to do, and I don’t care what Jesus or anybody else following him did!” Understand that is how you sound.

Second, I still don’t see where you answered where you were getting God from in another bit of posts between us.

Third, NOR do I see where you should have known better I wouldn’t have answered.

No priests in the New Testament?! Do you know how to speak Greek?!

Could you please post the links to where you have answered the questions before?

Thank you.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top