Black Pro-Lifer Tells Antifa: If Black Lives Mattered, You’d Protest Planned Parenthood

  • Thread starter Thread starter Victoria33
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Victoria33

Guest

Black Pro-Lifer Tells Antifa: If Black Lives Mattered, You’d Protest Planned Parenthood​

National Steven Ertelt Jun 17, 2020 | 5:22PM Washington, DC

…

“Planned Parenthood is the number one killer of the black population,” Beatty, who was recently arrested for protesting at Planned Parenthood, says in the video. “I don’t see you there.”

A black street preacher went to Seattle to tell the Antifa activists at CHAZ that if they truly cared about black lives they would protest at Planned Parenthood. The video of pro-life advocates Bevelyn Beatty and Edmee Chavannes is already going viral on social media.

“Planned Parenthood is the number one killer of the black population,” Beatty, who was recently arrested for protesting at Planned Parenthood, says in the video. “I don’t see you there.”

And she is absolutely right.

Though abortions hurt families of every race and culture, statistics indicate that abortions disproportionately hurt the African American community. Census data indicates that African Americans make up about 13 percent of the U.S. population, but they have nearly 40 percent of all abortions. And New York City health statistics indicate that more African American babies are aborted in the city than are born each year.
Black Lives Matter except when they don’t I guess.
 
And, of course both the aborted lives and the murdered lives are equally important, I am sure, we as Catholics believe. Right?

Life begins at conception, but life after birth is just as important in the eyes of God and of man.
 
Last edited:
EXACTLY, that’s why ALL lives matter.
And, I agree…it just strikes me odd that any pro-lifer and Catholic would split hairs by supporting the belief that “If black lives mattered, you;d protest planned parenthood”.

Its not a moral argument, as it should be, but a divisive political rant.
 
And, I agree…it just strikes me odd that any pro-lifer and Catholic would split hairs by supporting the belief that “If black lives mattered, you;d protest planned parenthood”.

Its not a moral argument, as it should be, but a divisive political rant.
Why don’t protest against Planned Parenthood also? If BLM is this great organization set out to bring racial equality and stop the needless killing of black lives, why not PP? How about during times when there is relative peace, such as in a few weeks when this all dies down again. Maybe then they should put their power against the number 1 killer of black lives, abortion.

Maybe then they could use their power to work on stopping black on black killings? They could also put some of their resources toward another huge problem, fatherlessness in black poor communities.
 
And, of course both the aborted lives and the murdered lives are equally important, I am sure, we as Catholics believe. Right?

Life begins at conception, but life after birth is just as important in the eyes of God and of man.
Correct, as you don’t have to be a Catholic in communion with the pope to hold that view.
 
Its not a moral argument, as it should be, but a divisive political rant.
I am glad someone else can see this.

It is precisely that which keeps me from uttering"black lives matter".

Were it a moral statement, I would agree…but it isn’t…it is a morality tainted by politics.
 
It is precisely that which keeps me from uttering"black lives matter".

Were it a moral statement, I would agree…but it isn’t…it is a morality tainted by politics.
So your politics keep you from uttering it?
 
No.
My morality.

I do not let politics guide my vocabulary or behavior. I leave that to the morality provided by God and his church.
So what might the moral imperative be for not uttering black lives matter?

I used to hide behind the claim “All Lives Matter” like VP Pence does, but I saw how odd that was…I see no moral issue in saying “Black Lives Matter” and “All Lives Matter”…not doing so is a political statement in my mind.
 
Black Lives Matter except when they don’t I guess.
Whataboutism again.

The Black Lives Matter protests are in response to police brutality against African-Americans.
Why don’t protest against Planned Parenthood also?
If you protest against PP, why not join BLM, also? “All lives matter” works both ways, you know.
Simple disagreement with the politics associated with the slogan.
Preventing police brutality against African-Americans, like all human rights issues, is inherently political because it requires policy changes.

So yea, I’m still not following your point.
 
Last edited:
Whataboutism again.

The Black Lives Matter protests are in response to police brutality against African-Americans.
Please fill me in if I am here using “what-about-ism”, very bad net etiquette on my part, thank you for correcting me. We certainly know “what-about-ism” is not just an easy response to tell someone, right?

So you are saying “Black Lives Matter” is in response to police brutality, a-ha, so “black lives matter” does not mean? “Black Lives Matter”, if more whites were killed by the police, then there should be a white lives matter movement? 9 blacks killed by Police last year, 19 whites.
If you protest against PP, why not join BLM, also? “All lives matter” works both ways, you know.
Well, we certainly should have the choice to be for all lives mattering, without necessarily being “BLM” since its definition as an organization is all over the place.

More blacks have died during the protests, they have stated political aims. There is no reason to believe the BLM organization really stands for BLM.

And this is not to mention black on black murders which are something like 94% or more of all black murders vs. the police which is .017% of all those killed. And here, we are talking of being in the neighborhood of 7000 murders a year. Black Lives Matter except when they don’t.

Yes, it’s a response, an unfounded phony response.
 
Last edited:
If BLM is this great organization
Well, there is the organization, and there is the movement. Which I know only adds confusion to the matter. With respect to the movement you will find varied positions on different matters. The organization has their values spelled out. Though I don’t know that some of the values are necessarily popular among those in the movement.
 
Has anyone disputed the fact that all lives matter both n and outside the womb?🤨
 
Trump signed prison reform, this helps out blacks, Biden supported Clinton’s bill that made it tougher for blacks. Trump has been much better for African Americans. Yes, the system needs to be improved. Brutality surely exists but I would not exaggerate the situation. It needs to be studied.
 
The Black Lives Matter protests are in response to police brutality against African-Americans
To buy into this theory one would have to believe police brutality is reserved for solely for black people. In other words, black people are singled out for police brutality.
If you protest against PP, why not join BLM, also? “All lives matter” works both ways, you know.
I protest PP because I want to stop all abortion regardless of the racial makeup of the child. The racial make up of the child makes no difference to me at all, every single baby deserves to be born. If the mother does not have the support to care for the child herself, then she should be supported in placing the child in a home for adoption.

I do not support the BLM organization as I disagree complete with the political motivation of the group. I disagree with the way they paint all law enforcement with the same brush. I also disagree with the way they portray all the incidents as the “victim” being an “innocent” bystander.

The case of George Floyd is certainly a case of police brutality which ended in the needless murder of Mr. Floyd. I doubt there is anyone who saw the videos who could come to a different conclusion.

In the case of Rayshard Brooks there is a complete different set of circumstances where Mr. Brooks had control of his destiny until the end.

The BLM movement wants people to believe these two case are both the same. Their call for abolishing police is absurd, their cry for vengeance by rioting, disruption, and destruction is counterproductive. The idea they can get peace & unity through hateful rhetoric is just one more reason I can’t get behind BLM.

I believe all black lives matter, as well as all brown lives, all white lives.
 

There we have it, “Black Lives Matter” only includes and it is wrong all the same, the nine blacks who died from the police in 2019. If black on black crime is something like 7000 murders in a year, that’s “what-about-ism”, I’m glad I’ve been set straight. Nor, apparently, do the 300,000 or so unborn count in this.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top