Black Pro-Lifer Tells Antifa: If Black Lives Mattered, You’d Protest Planned Parenthood

  • Thread starter Thread starter Victoria33
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
en why not put the power of the movement behind one of the top killers of black lives, abortion.
I just don’t think that African Americans united against heart disease, cancer, unintentional injuries, stroke, abortion, police violence, and diabetes would bring together as many people. Abortion is already a divisive issue and it alone would fracture their support. Not to mention there do also exists groups specifically against abortion.
The organization MADD, Mothers Against Drunk Driving is pretty specific in it’s aim, drunk drivers
Not that their acronym has changed, but they have slightly broadened to talking about “drugged driving.”
 
Last edited:
I have done no such thing
do you see the correlation between the Chicago gun killings and police brutality?
Funny thing - between work and child-rearing, I haven’t had time to go out on the street and ask each individual in a crowd of thousands.

I do know that the movement existed before somebody co-opted the name and started the website.
so you can’t tell between them either,

you didn’t answer so I will ask again
which group is pushing violence/destruction and where is the other group speaking out against it
Generally in a movement there is some shared idea or goal. In the Civil rights movement such an idea was to stop the mistreatment of people of color. But within a movement you may find all manner of strategies to push towards that goal. MLK, Dr. Huey Newton, and Malcolm X could bith be said to be part of the civil rights movement. Though they and the people with which they are organized had different philosophies on moving things forward.
yes, but you had distinct differences and could tell what the players represented.

can you do that today?

can you tell which people belong to the movement and which belong to the organization and most importantly which group is causing the destruction in African-American communities and why isn’t the other speaking out against it.

how can you be for an organization or movement that is making the lives of African-Americans worse?
 
The article has a lot of points that you didn’t address. Unlike the police, African-Americans who commit crimes are indicted and convicted, (all too often when innocent, as I linked above). That’s just a start. Read the link for more.
I reread the article. My reading comprehension is just fine. By posting that article, you’ve let us know you’re the one who doesn’t give a fig for those inner city black victims. I think it’s sad that I have to call people out on this unequal treatment of black victims according to who victimized them. When they’re all victims. When most of them got there through the structural issues of fatherlessness and the poverty that fatherlessness creates. Which isn’t limited to blacks by the way. Maybe that’s why they can’t stand to talk about fathers or the lack of them, because that affects the poor of every race, not just blacks.
Why not? I do all the time. Seriously.
Why don’t you address what Democrat platforms did (and still do) to black
fathers? . . .
 
Last edited:
yes, but you had distinct differences and could tell what the players represented.
I’m not sure that was the case, but okay.
can you tell which people belong to the movement
Aside from that, I don’t agree with the premise on which this was asked:

Movements don’t tend to have registries. And the people within them don’t necessarily want to be publicly identified.

Off-topic, if you join a protest and don’t want to be identified it is a good idea to turn off your phone and any other device with a cellular or WiFi connection (ex: Apple or Samsung Watch).
and which belong to the organization
I could name a few people that are members of the organization. But the overwhelming number of people that I’ve heard reciting the slogan have never told me they were part of the organization. I’ve never cared to ask.
 
It is not a whataboutism for the umpteenth time.

There is no fallacy in remarking the fact that it is ridiculous to claim ALL BLACK LIVES MATTER as BLM insists but then avoid the topic of “systemic racism” vis a vis abortion.

You know BLM is not above criticism.
 
Last edited:
I don’t think you’re going to rebut me successfully by merely repeating yourself.
You know BLM is not above criticism.
Nobody is disputing your right to criticize BLM. But when your criticism is weak, don’t cry foul when you’re challenged on it.
which group is pushing violence/destruction and where is the other group speaking out against it
Violence and destruction are emerging spontaneously from individuals making poor choices. Those who protest peacefully are clearly against it.

But then, using rioters as a cheap tool to discredit the BLM message is as intellectually dishonest as using abortion clinic bombers to discredit the pro-life message.
 
Violence and destruction are emerging spontaneously from individuals making poor choices. Those who protest peacefully are clearly against it.
Those who protest peacefully are also less likely to get camera time. This may cause a distorted perception of the balance of violence to peace.
 
Violence and destruction are emerging spontaneously from individuals making poor choices. Those who protest peacefully are clearly against it.
so no groups involved just individuals? how do you know the marchers are clearly against it? you said you had no time…
But then, using rioters as a cheap tool to discredit the BLM message is as intellectually dishonest as using abortion clinic bombers to discredit the pro-life message.
I am not discrediting anybody, I can’t tell the difference and they don’t speak up.

I just am not quick to make a judgment when I don’t know which group is marching and destroying property.

intellectually dishonest? you can’t prove the group you support isn’t being destructive, who is dishonest.
 
. . . I disagree.
Nobody is disputing your right to criticize BLM. But when your criticism is weak, don’t cry foul when you’re challenged on it.

Chicago activist calls on Black Lives Matter to help stem city’s gun violence: ‘We are losing too many kids’​

It makes no sense to me if we continue to stand up against the system but we will not stand up in our own neighborhood," Hardiman told host Martha MacCallum, adding that “we need to really do a lot of work in our own backyard right now in order to … stem the tide of violence, gun violence [that] has taken so many lives here in Chicago, Baltimore and Philadelphia.”



Just demonstrating . . . that my criticism of BLM is. . . is not weak.
 
Last edited:
Just demonstrating how weak my criticism of BLM is.
It is a very weak criticism, as I’ve explained by posting the same article twice.

As patiently as I can, I’ll explain the difference. Perhaps a lurker will catch on, if nothing else.

If a black person commits a crime against a black person, we can depend on something called a justice system to take care of it. The perpetrator is arrested, tried, and imprisoned. If an officer commits a crime against a black person, we cannot depend on the system to administer due justice. No justice =/= no accountability. It is therefore more urgent to address police brutality.

Also, there is a culture of silence in law enforcement that is preventing the ethical officers from ratting out the corrupt ones. With crime, regardless of which race commits a crime against which race, there is a simple 9-1-1 number.

Your red-herring articles don’t address these simple facts.
 
So 104 blacks injured and 14 dead, 5 of which were minors, the youngest being 3, in two days is LESS URGENT AN ISSUE than the rare occurrence of unarmed black people dying at the hand of cops because the cops are never brought to justice.

And yet what justice does the black community have if perps are brought to justice when continued gang violence persists and plagues their community with no end in sight?

Moreover, my argument WAS NEVER AN EITHER/OR situation as you are trying to make this out to be.

My argument is that BLM have NO MORAL REASON for not speaking up on behalf of all blacks subjected to violence/brutality.

The articles I cited aims at showing how politicized and hypocritical BLM is.

It is not my arguments which are weak but yours.
 
Last edited:
If a black person commits a crime against a black person, we can depend on something called a justice system to take care of it. The perpetrator is arrested, tried, and imprisoned. If an officer commits a crime against a black person, we cannot depend on the system to administer due justice. No justice =/= no accountability. It is therefore more urgent to address police brutality.
I’m not catching on.


A 22% clearance rate for murders with black victims implies that 78% of their murderers are getting away with it. Is that the justice you have in mind? I should think the numbers alone imply a far greater problem than you are positing. But you do you.
 
What she suggests doesn’t even bother to affirm or touch on the real problem and that is violence in black communities?

Let alone the belief that justice is done.
 
Last edited:
I’m not catching on.
Nice try, Z. This actually IS an issue taken up by the BLM movement. https://www.wspa.com/news/greenwood-unsolved-murders/
Travis Green is with Black Lives Matter and says, “ it’s ridiculous that we have so many unsolved murders here in this small town and yet they have not utilized the resources that are available for them to solve these crimes. “
So now that the BLM movement is actually doing something to satisfy the finger-wagging what-aboutists, maybe their armchair critics will be quiet for awhile? Or will the Right Wing purity spiral that is this thread see no end?

Thanks for posting that example of racism in the justice system, by the way. It can be pulling teeth to get the Right to admit to the existence of systemic racism.
 
So you’re saying that all those unsolved cases are a result of systemic racism rather than fear of retribution for snitching on violent gang members or criminals being protected by family?
 
Did you read any of his/her article from NPR? Or mine? It’s not either-or.

But let’s give up this ridiculous idea that BLM “doesn’t care” about unsolved murders.
 
Last edited:
But let’s give up this ridiculous idea that BLM “doesn’t care” about unsolved murders.
Okay, they care. But BLM have nowhere near enough persons who not only think like Travis Green, they act on it. There’s a man who says all black lives matter and means it. That I can respect. But that was just one protest like that.

In general, if I am to judge the BLM organization by their demonstrations and other actions since their formation, BLM have always given and continue to give far higher priority and publicity to the relatively few black victims of police violence than to the vast majority of black victims who die at the hands of non-police and mostly black perpetrators.

I don’t care how many times you and your ilk wave your hands and tell us we’re not seeing this the “right” (read “politically correct”) way. This is the impression I get from what I’m seeing out there and I know I’m far from alone in thinking this way. If every chapter of BLM had men like Travis Green who gathered up as many victims’ family members as they could and demonstrated as vigorously (but peacefully) as they did for Floyd, I might take BLM more seriously. Maybe they should crash council meetings on behalf of these victims, not just for Floyd.
 
Last edited:
Probably because he doesn’t want you accusing him of using a source that you would consider biased.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top