Broke Up With Non-Catholic Boyfriend

  • Thread starter Thread starter CountrySinger
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
But as a “bigger girl” I’m not seen as attractive. I get told all the time that I have a pretty face, if I were thinner, I’d have to beat the guys off with a stick.
I’ve had guys (including a Catholic one who posts here on CAF) go poof once they see what I weigh, so I apoloigize if I seem sensitive about it. And when I find a guy who is willing to look past it, it’s amazing! 🙂
By whom? Not all of us guys put the cultures idea of “hot” as our #1 priority… My fiance isn’t a size 0 (though very attractive), and I’ve dated a wide variety of girls one of whom actually recently had gastral bypass surgery.

The kind of guy you need to be dating is interested primarly in finding:
  1. Good Christian, preferably Catholic (makes things much easier)
  2. Loving, supportive partner
  3. That is interested in marriage (at some point, no need to go straight to the alter!)
  4. Wants someone who appriciates being supported and loved in return
  5. Has good family morals
That kind of woman, is hotter than an 20 year old Cindy Crawford by default.
 
But as a “bigger girl” I’m not seen as attractive. I get told all the time that I have a pretty face, if I were thinner, I’d have to beat the guys off with a stick.
I’ve had guys (including a Catholic one who posts here on CAF) go poof once they see what I weigh, so I apoloigize if I seem sensitive about it. And when I find a guy who is willing to look past it, it’s amazing! 🙂
I know what you mean. I’ve dated several “bigger” and several “thinner” girls and it’s totally irrelevant to me. In fact, the longest and most meaningful and longest releationship of my life was with a bigger girl-perhaps because she knew she was gorgeous, regardless of her size.
 
Kitties are very good at judging character. Sounds like you made the right decision. 🙂
Hmmm… if I followed my cats advice, I’d never get married. One of them seemed to like my last girlfriend better than my current one of 13 months. The other hides from everybody and still hasn’t gotten used to my girlfriend. He may have accidentally helped save her life though, by, uh, infecting her and sending her to the doc where she found out she had a much bigger problem.
 
CS- Size is not everything. None of us ever stays the size we are after we get married anyway. Some gain some lose - but none of us ever stay the same size. Any man that can’t look past that is simply looking at the here and now and not the forever and future. And btw - you would think that what that should say to most men is that at least you know how to cook!!! LOL!!! :D:p
 
CS- Size is not everything. None of us ever stays the size we are after we get married anyway. Some gain some lose - but none of us ever stay the same size. Any man that can’t look past that is simply looking at the here and now and not the forever and future. And btw - you would think that what that should say to most men is that at least you know how to cook!!! LOL!!! :D:p
Hahaha for sure, Joan! 😛 My grampa told my mom that if she didn’t know how to cook, she could forget about finding a man! (That’s the only thing that has ever given me pause about him, though. :p)
 
Hahaha for sure, Joan! 😛 My grampa told my mom that if she didn’t know how to cook, she could forget about finding a man! (That’s the only thing that has ever given me pause about him, though. :p)
My mom also said the same thing. My Grandma also said that in order to get married, you had to be able to put your hand into a pot of boiling water. I was six at the time, so I saw a pot of water boiling, and stuck my hand in. :yikes: I was just so happy I passed the marriage test, I was desperate even back then. My mom was so mad at my grandma.
 
my mom also said the same thing. My grandma also said that in order to get married, you had to be able to put your hand into a pot of boiling water. I was six at the time, so i saw a pot of water boiling, and stuck my hand in. :yikes: I was just so happy i passed the marriage test, i was desperate even back then. My mom was so mad at my grandma.
lol!! :d
 
He basically insulted Catholic beliefs and implied that we were all stupid. And that he was “enlightened” because he left. I could work with differing beliefs, but you have to at a bare minimum respect the other person. No one calls me stupid and gets away with it. I would love to be able to bring him back to the Church, but the person has to want to come back.

I’m not too mature though, I was tempted to act out the music video for “Before He Cheats”. 😛 But that wouldn’t be very Catholic. But one my cats did scratch him. 😛
I wish you lived in houston. You sound like a awesome girl that i would love to hang out with and introduce to my good catholic guy friends!

Good for you for puttting your faith first but Props to your kitty for being your protector…See they are good for something.
 
Also, Country, keep in mind that EVERYBODY has flaws. Even supermodels. Mine are gargantuan, in fact. The problem is that yours is dragging you down because it is immediately apparent; imho it’s not worse than a lot of people’s problems. Not trying to brush off how you feel, and certainly I sympathize b/c society is so obnoxious about shoving physical “perfection” down our throats, but know that when life hands you lemons, do try to make lemonade. When life hands you jerks, make ye some pulled jerky. 😉
I still remember this girl I once knew. She was bigger, but took care of her appearance. (Her hair was gorgeous, btw). She had an AWESOME personality, and was hilarious, like you. (I had a huge friend crush on her. :p) And she dated a great man.
Two days ago I had my hair hacked almost boy short again. My dad HATES short hair on women, but tonight he forced himself to tell me I looked nice. See, men can come around. Sometimes I think it is just a matter of training them to see what really matters, and for you, CS, that is your amazing heart. 🙂
 
Also, Country, keep in mind that EVERYBODY has flaws. Even supermodels. Mine are gargantuan, in fact. The problem is that yours is dragging you down because it is immediately apparent; imho it’s not worse than a lot of people’s problems. Not trying to brush off how you feel, and certainly I sympathize b/c society is so obnoxious about shoving physical “perfection” down our throats, but know that when life hands you lemons, do try to make lemonade. When life hands you jerks, make ye some pulled jerky. 😉
I still remember this girl I once knew. She was bigger, but took care of her appearance. (Her hair was gorgeous, btw). She had an AWESOME personality, and was hilarious, like you. (I had a huge friend crush on her. :p) And she dated a great man.
Two days ago I had my hair hacked almost boy short again. My dad HATES short hair on women, but tonight he forced himself to tell me I looked nice. See, men can come around. Sometimes I think it is just a matter of training them to see what really matters, and for you, CS, that is your amazing heart. 🙂
So are you saying to show off my heart, I need to wear low cut tops? 😛 I can do that. In fact, my mom encouraged it, so all I have is low cut tops. Not a high collared shirt to be found. 😃 😛 She also said for me to wear good eye makeup, because this random waitress on Montana said I had the most beautiful eyes she had ever seen. 🙂 But she was in MONTANA. So I don’t take it to mean that much. 😛 (Sorry to any people from Montana).
 
I wish you lived in houston. You sound like a awesome girl that i would love to hang out with and introduce to my good catholic guy friends!

Good for you for puttting your faith first but Props to your kitty for being your protector…See they are good for something.
My older cat is also know as Katharine the Chasity Cat. She gets mad if people kiss in front of her. Probably because they aren’t petting her. 😃
 
I had a lot of anger at the Catholic Chuch when I married my wife as well…
 
So are you saying to show off my heart, I need to wear low cut tops? 😛 I can do that. In fact, my mom encouraged it, so all I have is low cut tops. Not a high collared shirt to be found. 😃 😛
If you want to attract faithful Catholic men, dressing like a hussy is NOT the way to do it. Dress with modesty and dignity.
 
If you want to attract faithful Catholic men, dressing like a hussy is NOT the way to do it. Dress with modesty and dignity.
Granted, that low cut top is covered by a cardigan. The chasity cat doesn’t let me leave the house if I’m immodest. And if I close a door, the cats howl and scratch outside the door until I open it. 😃
 
Granted, that low cut top is covered by a cardigan. The chasity cat doesn’t let me leave the house if I’m immodest. And if I close a door, the cats howl and scratch outside the door until I open it. 😃
:rotfl: And she is back Ladies and Gentlemen! We missed you CS! 🙂
 
:rotfl: And she is back Ladies and Gentlemen! We missed you CS! 🙂
bows Don’t forget to tip your waitress. And don’t try to veal, baby cows aren’t good. Today is the feast day of Saint Agatha (patron single of single women). Fitting isn’t it?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top