T
TheLittleLady
Guest
Sounds a bit like an internment camp.This is why I think that a big open location where they are sent by law, which can happen, would be a good start.
No, let’s work to make shelters and treatment available.
Sounds a bit like an internment camp.This is why I think that a big open location where they are sent by law, which can happen, would be a good start.
How are you going to make them take advantage of the shelters and treatment, and resolve the huge sanitation issues they are causing if you don’t “intern” them?Sounds a bit like an internment camp.
No, let’s work to make shelters and treatment available.
I’m a bit of a germophobe, so I tend not to frequent places where I have to dodge piles of human feces, used condoms, and drug needles. That probably makes me a bad person…Have you ever worked with the homeless? Talked to these real human beings? Ask why they do not go to a shelter?
Nobody would accept the tickets if California’s welfare system wasn’t so inviting…Not when some states give their homeless one way tickets to California.
I live in British Columbia, so we’re part of the current West Coast real estate bubble/boom/whatever-you-call-it. The West Coast of North America, in part because of relative proximity to Asia and in part because, well, it’s a pretty nice area to live in (earthquakes and tsunamis not withstanding). There’s a lot of hot industries in the region; particularly in tech, media, R&D and so forth. And homelessness is more than just someone with a substance abuse issue or mental health issue. There are stories of people who work for big tech firms who are living in RVs.Unfortunately, lots of people (and states) do think that homelessness is a crime. And it is so easy for people outside of California to think they are better because they “don’t” have a homeless problem.
While I was being rather facetious, it is a rather difficult problem that has no quick and easy solution. Out of sight for most people means it isn’t really a problem.
In April (Autism Awareness Month), there were a fair amount of stories talking about the “measles” outbreak and how we need to quarantine the kids of parents who are concerned about vaccine safety, or have a religious or conscience objection to vaccines. This over a few hundred cases of a disease that is hardly ever fatal. But bubonic plague, on the other hand, can be 90-95% fatal, but there we have to look at these people as our brothers and sisters and be tolerant. The turnaround is kind of jarring.Maybe call Catholic charities and ask if there is a shelter or soup kitchen where you can visit. Spend time talking to people, see them as real people, as your brothers and sisters.
I have a solution that I haven’t heard anyone voice to date! It’s a great idea!I work in downtown LA and the homeless problem has only increase, partly due to investment groups buying up everything and creating high end housing beyond the meant can pay. Beyond those on the street there’s also an “invisible” rise in homeless who live in their cars/RVs.
I’m not sure what the real solution is.
I’m surprised the prices haven’t moved them out already. A new place in downtown LA is renting studios for $2440. Over $6k for a 3 bed.Instead of trying to deport the homeless, California should force a large percentage of the “high-end” people to move out of state
I know that wages are higher in CA, but I still wonder how someone with my income, or even the combined income of me and my husband, could afford it.I’m surprised the prices haven’t moved them out already. A new place in downtown LA is renting studios for $2440. Over $6k for a 3 bed.