Hey guys, I have a problem I want to discuss and please note I’m not trying to paint myself as a good person here because I can be very rash sometimes. The thing is, I have sister trouble. My sister doesn’t exactly abuse me so much as she ignores me, never spends time with me and is always saying I am the reason she doesn’t talk to me. When I do tell her that I want to spend time with her, she says that I won’t listen to her music at which I rebuff and tell her that I will at which she replies that I only would ridicule said songs. Thing is, I would only ridicule songs which are downright offensive or bad whilst giving my honest opinion on songs which are are good or at least passable. My dad does it all the time with all the anime I show him and it never bothers me in the least.
I also cook for her when mum isn’t available and without meaning to brag, even she admits that my food is good. Thing is, a week ago or so, I overcooked the spaghetti and she told me that I never take good care of her and that I don’t care about her which is absolutely not true. Just because I cooked badly once or twice doesn’t mean that I don’t care yet whenever I call her out on her rubbish, she always says the same tong: that it’s my own fault that she hates me and that I used to be a jerk towards her. Yet I honestly don’t know what she is talking about. I don’t remember ever being a jerk to her. The only time I remember is that when we were kids, there were times I didn’t want to play some of the games we used to play. We would play an ‘acting’ game where I would be a bumbling dad and my sister would be his naughty baby daughter. We had fun and we played it alot but I don’t think its enough to hate me.
Another reason she may hate me could be because when I converted to the Catholic faith, I tried hard at converting her. I never insulted her or anything even though I was rather annoying at first although I quickly stopped converting her with those ways, I reconciled with my parents and me and my dad are best friends and even she listened to me sometimes when I spoke on religion. I don’t know why my sister hates me. Could it be because she’s embarrassed by me? I do have ‘weird’ tastes, as long as you call watching anime, reading comic books, researching religion and Mariology and listening to Japanese and my own taste for music weird. Its weird by this country’s standards which lets be honest, doesn’t have a lot of knowledge on how to spend time outside of work. The worst thing is, despite telling me that she hates me, she acts all sweet and innocent when I cook her food or do her a favor even though when I cook myself food, she complains about the huge mess I make when cooking even though she never ever raises a finger to help around the house. At all. My mother doesn’t even tell her to help me and grandma out so as to avoid there being any fighting between us.
Right now, after another one of her outbursts, yesterday, I told her that I don’t have much of an appetite to cook for her at which she says fine and goes off by herself to her room. Was I being too rash? Its true I used to call her a ***** and a jerk when she would get angry at me for no reason but dad told me to stop as it will not help matters. But I can’t let her do what she wants with me because if I do, she’ll become manipulative and be in one unhealthy relationship after another. She’d become a bad person essentially. Did I do the right thing in telling her I don’t want to cook for her her? Please tell me.