Can our democracy survive if most Republicans think the government is illegitimate?

• Thread starter Thread starter PaulinVA
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
In 1992 there were three candidates, Clinton, Bush and Ross Perot.

Ross Perot received over 18 % of the vote.

Adding Bush received about 37% of the popular vote.

Ross Perot was the game changer.
You are correct. I am old enough to remember that presidential election well. The “read my lips—no new taxes” fiasco by Bush Sr. will forever stay in US political history.

…and the forgettable Vice Presidential debate featuring General Stockdale…

Last edited:
Who Trump donated to has nothing to do with him being a political outsider.He isn’t a beltway politician,which is what that phrase means.So there ya go:rofl:🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

So? You don’t seem to like Trump, the alternative is supporting abortion extremists, maybe even infanticidists… but one has made the claim they don’t support abortion?

Last edited:
You analysis seemed to conveniently ignore data that weaken your point. If you want to be credible in political analyses, you need to present your points fairly and objectively. Now, if you choose to be a partisan political hack, then you can say whatever you want.
Not. My. Analysis.

I pulled the two points from the article. They are direct quotes from the article.

I think you have a beef with the article’s author, not me.

Considering you misused it in your prior post just thought you might be unaware

. . . .

Talking to someone about Ukraine and mentioning Banderas first thing would be like if I talked to someone about Africa and mentioned Idi Amin first thing. To me, that sounds like prejudice. And that is personalizing the conversation.

If it can be identified that one likes to express anti-American feelings, I see little harm in stating that.

Last edited:
I do believe we should have a right to speak if one’s agenda seems to bespeak running the USA down or in turn, the UK as well. If it may even be discriminatory against some peoples.

. . . .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back