My boyfriend and I call what we are in a courtship, be it a long one. But, we were really young when we started “dating.” Basically, we were friends with an extra title…he wasn’t even allowed kissing me for almost nine months after we were ‘offically’ dating. He has been courting me for almost 26 months, now. And, when financially able, we shall become engaged. We both strongly believe we will get married someday, potentially [and probably] before even I graduate from college (he won’t graduate until after I do, as I’m 19 1/2 months older than him). So, a long courtship is necessary. It’ll be probably closer to 2 1/2 or three years of “courting” then an engagment that is hopefully only slightly longer than a year. We’ll have been together four years if we can get married when we hope to…finances are all that’s holding us back. Well, that and the fact that he’s still a little under 18. No worries, though, when we get married he’ll be almost 20 and I’ll have just turned 21