Catholic school supporting student's choice to become transgender

  • Thread starter Thread starter Michali
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW, I have no idea what to say to this… only Thank God for the people who brought Jesus into my life… I might have never found Him other wise.

God Bless.
 
Then why place that in?
I am avoiding the error of generalising, which some others have not done. There are extremists who look uncritically at the issues and are prepared to support transitioning measures without due care. But it would be wrong to accuse all who conclude those those measures are sometimes indicated.
 
Last edited:
What sin?

Being harsh could lead to suicide. And even if it doesn’t lead to that, wanting to die so the pain stops is no way to live.
 
I did not claim my analogy represented the same mental state, I am just asking why someone has the right to be called something they clearly are not.
 
If you are a girl and I tell someone you are a boy, I am certainly telling a lie. In my opinion, a lie with potentially devastating consequences.
 
It’s not the Catholic school’s duty to provide therapy for disordered persons.

Maybe the school has guidance counselors available. But maybe they cant afford one.
 
It would be my view that most (if not all) of them has a serious psychological problem. I do not know the ultimate source of it, but I do know our society is making it worse by misleading and confusing them.
 
So if you don’t know the gender assigned at birth and they pass well they do have the right?
 
Gender is not assigned at birth. A baby is born and is either a male or female.
 
Some medical center who helps cope with disorders. It’s not the school’s responsibility to accommodate role playing with disorders.

I dont believe a child cant respect these terms.
 
Sometimes it’s not obvious and the unexpected doesn’t present until later, sometimes much later.
 
We all know there are rare instances of people born with various medical problems, eg undeveloped genitals.

We also know that is specifically not what this thread is about.
 
Sometimes it’s not obvious and the unexpected doesn’t present until later, sometimes much later
Since I do not know how to link to a sole post, I am repeating what I wrote above:

This young person’s biological sex has always been female. She was not outwardly mistaken for a girl, her biological attributes are those of a girl.

She was not “easily mistaken for a girl;” she is a girl.

Mentally, she “feels like” a boy. How does she know that? How does she know what it is like to feel like a boy?

Obviously there is a disconnect between the biological reality and the mental thought, which is the problem.

Straining the use of the English language by saying she was assigned a sex or easily mistaken to be a girl will not change the reality of the disconnect between her thoughts or perceptions of herself and the biological reality, nor will any amount of surgery or hormone use turn her into a boy/man.
 
They are not that rare (I think it’s 1 in 200 births in which an infants genitalia is is not typical.)

And the fact that the approach to intersex conditions is often thoughtless and harsh I think it’s relevant.
 
Mentally, she “feels like” a boy. How does she know that? How does she know what it is like to feel like a boy?
It is difficult to express something that can’t be seen by others. How does one know they are in love? How do you know that the person you marry is the right one?

We fall back on language that we hope the other person will understand but that requires experience. Even empathy isn’t enough.
Obviously there is a disconnect between the biological reality and the mental thought, which is the problem.
I’m not sure it needs to be a problem. Since it’s so rare and ignored for so long we don’t know much about it. It could be an anomaly or difference, but not a problem.
 
Last edited:
That would be a rare parochial school, that can afford a guidance counselor. No this is a matter of bad parents bullying a weak administrator and pastor into cowtowing to the secularist, false “transgender” ideology.
 
I don’t see it as relevant at all. YMMV . It is certainly not the subject of the thread.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top