• Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SwordofLight

What is your favorite fast food place?

Jack in the Box

Taco Bell
Always like Mexican food and when I was working part time 14 years ago, the Taco Bell in the foodcourt had affordable prices. Sadly, where I live now, there isn’t one close by.

Edwin

Chick Fil-a, the founders was a good christian, they still close sundays and the food is excellent…

How could I forget In-N-out?? Christian owners too. I still say Jack in the Box’s “Ultimate Cheeseburger” is the best burger ever.

Yep the Chic Fil A is great but whooo…mucho dinero compared to the other places. Truman Cathy (the chic fil a guy, I think that’s his name) also started a place called Camp Winshape at Berry College, in Rome GA (a Baptist college and largets campus in the world in acreage). It’s a place for gathering and many religious get togethers are held there I think…(retreats, etc).

But our favorite place to eat that’s fast food…is Sonic…drive in type food. Nothing like a burger and rings everyonce in a while!

Isn’t Carl Karcher, the owner of Carl’s Junior, Pro-Life? I do not know if he is a Catholic, or if he still is the owner of the business (it was and perhaps still is a family business), but years and years ago when my family made the annual Pro-Life trek from Southern California to Sacramento for the yearly protest of R v.W, Carl Jr restaurants gave FREE MEALS to all members of the “Right to Life League”.

If someone knows if the owner of Carl’s actively supports Pro-life, or how we could find out, it would be very worthwhile to consider changing your fast-food allegiance to his restaurant. After all, how much difference is there between a Junior Star, a Big Mac and a Whopper? In fact, I think the McDonald’s charitable foundation supports Planned Parenthood, but I AM NOT SURE. Al these things are worth investigating, or might already be on some website?

Let’s put our money where our mouths are, ha ha.

Anybody know anything about this?

40.png
SwordofLight:
How could I forget In-N-out?? Christian owners too. I still say Jack in the Box’s “Ultimate Cheeseburger” is the best burger ever.
Is “In-N-Out” a Christian, family-owned business? But not Catholic, right?

mmmmm… Kentucky Fried Chicken… I’m getting hungry. In Canada they have poutine. You have no idea what you are missing. 😛

40.png
Poisson:
mmmmm… Kentucky Fried Chicken… I’m getting hungry. In Canada they have poutine. You have no idea what you are missing. 😛
What is poutine? I want to know what I am missing!

Betsy

Poutine is french fries convered with tangy white cheese curds and somothered with that delicious KFC gravy. mmmm
Tough on the old heart but mighty delicious. :love:

Having been to Mexico and eaten the wonderful food, I can’t bring myself to stop the car at Taco Bell. Sorry to you TB fans!

The best McD’s meal I ever had was in Termini Station in Rome. We had been eating from street vendors for days, and were back from a side trip to Assisi. That Big Mac in the station was delicious! --KCT

40.png
Agnes:
Isn’t Carl Karcher, the owner of Carl’s Junior, Pro-Life? I do not know if he is a Catholic, or if he still is the owner of the business (it was and perhaps still is a family business), but years and years ago when my family made the annual Pro-Life trek from Southern California to Sacramento for the yearly protest of R v.W, Carl Jr restaurants gave FREE MEALS to all members of the “Right to Life League”.
Carl Karcher is Catholic, and by all accounts a good and generous man. However, he sold his company several years ago. You could detect the difference in ownership by the advertising campaigns that followed – the “attitude” of their recent commercials would not have been allowed while he was in control.

I love Carl’s Jr., but I simply refuse to eat there anymore. They ousted Carl Karcher (Yes, a very devout, pro-life Catholic) from position as CEO and have continually been creating more and more offensive advertisements:
  1. *Extremely * vulgar commercial of girl riding a mechanical bull. Very sexualized.
2.) An advertisement for one of their burgers stated it was for “Guys who don’t want the same thing night after night”. Given the context of their other advertisements, I see this as a veiled attack on marriage.

3.) They hired Hugh Hefner as their spokesperson. 'Nuff said. I’m never eating there again.

:mad: Sorry for the venting, but this thread seemed like a good place to do it. I feel better now.

None of the above. Checkers and Popeye’s Chicken (the mashed potatoes and cajun gravy are to die for!) are my 2 favorite fast food joints.
Have a great day!
Judy 👍

If Chic FilA was on the poll I would have picked that one without hesitation! But i chose McD as my second best!:dancing:

When I’m back in California, I have to go to the original Tommy’s (Chili burgers that Dr. James Dobson blames single-handedly caused his heart attack). Now that In 'N Out Burger is in Arizona, that’s my favorite (although the line is always so long!).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back