CBS News: Limbaugh Vs. Moyers

  • Thread starter Thread starter David_Paul
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
If their vision were not profitable, they would never receive funding.
Funding from whom?? Production Companies??
If the mainstream movie companies decided to only make family-friendly entertainment from now on, I have no doubt that other companies would quickly move in to capitalize on the public’s lust for blood and boobies
I cannot disagree with you. We are fallen. 😦

But I would suggest that the culture would change if the message out of Hollywood was more pro-america, pro-Christian, pro-life, pro-family.

9 out of every ten movies on the shelf at Blockbuster are blood and boobies (and demonic killer themes). And 9 out of 10 film (probably higher than that!) don’t make money at all.
 
40.png
jlw:
Funding from whom?? Production Companies??

I cannot disagree with you. We are fallen. 😦

But I would suggest that the culture would change if the message out of Hollywood was more pro-america, pro-Christian, pro-life, pro-family.

9 out of every ten movies on the shelf at Blockbuster are blood and boobies (and demonic killer themes). And 9 out of 10 film (probably higher than that!) don’t make money at all.
You’re right! I don’t know all of the statistics (Michael Medved does), but the biggest money-makers are family-friendly (G/PG)
movies, with few exceptions (I think Matrix was one of them).

I’m heartened by the fact that Disney is producing the Narnia series starting this December. Give us some more good stuff!
 
Katherine2, I’m so glad to see that you are back. You are a voice of reason on this board. I almost always agree with your posts. Please don’t get in trouble again, I missed reading your comments!!!
 
katherine2 said:

Oh, please. I ask for facts and you just present a link to a big data dump.

If you have an easy way to search for studios & entertainment conglomerates, please let me know.
 
40.png
katherine2:
I make no apologies. I considered describing here some of th trash that appears on FOX TV and quickly realized the moderators would not allow it on a Catholic board – lewd, suggestive, immoral, violent, degrading filth.

Defend FOX if you want. I will have no part of it.
I don’t defend the programming on Fox, however, it seems you want to single them out among the others just because Fox News is conservative. Perhaps you don’t mean to, but it sure appears that way.

What about ABC, CBS, NBC, and all of their affilated cable channels. They lean to the left, and they have programming that has a lot of trash as well. Why are you singling out Fox? Are they worse that the others, or is it just their political leanings that cause you to single them out?

Very curious.
 
40.png
CanonAlberic:
Thanks Dave, great article! I’ve always admired actual journalists like Moyers, and have despised radio shouters like Limbaugh. It’s nice to see that others actuall recognize the difference also.

Peace.
I admire the entertainment of Limbaugh and disliked the leftist agenda driven reporting of Moyers. It’s sad to see some can’t see the difference.
 
40.png
CanonAlberic:
Thanks Dave, great article! I’ve always admired actual journalists like Moyers, and have despised radio shouters like Limbaugh. It’s nice to see that others actuall recognize the difference also.

Peace.
One does not have to shout when the one speaks in lock-step with your friends. It takes courage, backbone, and yes, bravado to go against what all the liberal pundits are saying.

Saying things like:
  • The US People are not taxed too little, the government spends to much!
  • Abortion is an abomination,
  • Legislation should come from the Legislation Branch of the government, not the Judiciary.
  • Advice and Consent does not me Whine and Obstruct.
These are things that Moyers is confused about, and Rush seems to have quite clear.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top