D
Daniel_Boucher
Guest
No, you are mistaken. They do not believe that Jesus Christ is God.
I attended a Seder meal before I knew about Vatican II. I’m not a Hollywood actor or a big-timer in New York. I think the Passover seder is an endearing, lovely custom and I find your remarks about Jewish tradition rather biting and intolerant. I am 1/4 Russian Jew and I am a Catholic. Jesus was crucified at the same time the lambs were slaughtered for the Passover. There is so much linking Judiaism and Christianity. This is why we have something called the Judeo-Christian ethic.Yeah, I heard that talk. They would drink from the cup four times, but Jesus was going to drink the 4th cup in Heaven (it was more technical than that, I’m sure). There you have it. No more 4th cup and the addition of the giving of his flesh and blood to be done by his new priesthood.
Still, can we really be sure how the Jews exactly do their Seder? Do they even do it now how they did it? In any case, the sermon was not from one who’s divorced himself from Church teaching. If a chief rabbi said our higher clergy has gone liberal, maybe we should listen to this priest, as he is not making this up. That would be more prudent, I think. Err on the side of caution against backsliding.
Besides, I doubt any Catholic ever did this Seder meal thing before Vatican 2, unless maybe one acting in Hollywood or a big-timer in New York, so I bet no pre-Vatican 2 pope had any conception of addressing this. Does the Catechism of the Council of Trent cover this?
The ability to put words in your mouth on a written forum is just one more ominous example of the special underworld powers of “Jewish guys” and one more good reason for not wanting to share a meal with them. Now the passover seder recalls the going out of Egypt and in as much as that undermines Christianity ( the aftermath to both Christians and Christianity after attendance at a seder meal is indeed too horrifying and graphic to detail here) may I suggest refraining from reading from the book of Exodus or watching the movie the Ten Commandments. Of course the whole thing is a sham, as you pointed out, since the people claiming to be Jewish aren’t even really Jews after the destruction of the Second Temple (in just the same ways that they stopped being Jews after the destruction of the First Temple).I think it may be wrong because we are no longer waiting for the Christ’s first coming. His Body and Blood were given to us so that we would celebrate something new in Him. To celebrate a sedar meal, even to act it out, is sinful in my opinion now, because we should not feign the Passover in light of the Eucharist. Thank you for this post.
Thank you! That was the reason in the sermon, I believe. **Words were put in my mouth as well by the Jewish guy. ** I did not call anyone Satanic. Biblical Judaism could not be continued as the temple was destroyed and God did not give instructions for a new one to be built or for other critical matter to be rewritten, as those rites were replaced by those which were given to the Apostles, his new priests of the New Covenant. Just because people are spiritually blind to the blinding of them by Satan to the redemption they have only yet to accept does not make those blind ones evil for not recognizing God’s graces. I believe separation from the Pope is of the inspiration of Satan, as the bishops are still our leaders and the fact is the fact that the TLM is not the ordinary rite, but the sedevacantists aren’t like Satanists.
I bet, though, that those who go to Seder meals, especially to ones hosted by Jews, don’t go to sedevacantist or SSPX services (are they Masses in the former case if a valid bishop doesn’t ordain you or if you are “Pope Mike”?) or hang out with those people. If you go to ones hosted by the Jews, you might as well attend sedevacantist events, as, in both cases, you’d be living out some part of Christianity’s heritage, though, as in Jewish services, it’s probably a corruption of what was in form and/or matter and you’d be giving support to people’s living in darkness. Doing it on your own wouldn’t be scandal, but it would not be the same thing. It would be like that David Spade movie where he tries to relive a childhood he never had.
I apologize if I called you all left-wingers, but I think sentimentalism affects the most devout and/or idealistic in some way.
I can find nothing to say other than, “This is utterly ridiculous.”The ability to put words in your mouth on a written forum is just one more ominous example of the special underworld powers of “Jewish guys” and one more good reason for not wanting to share a meal with them. Now the passover seder recalls the going out of Egypt and in as much as that undermines Christianity ( the aftermath to both Christians and Christianity after attendance at a seder meal is indeed too horrifying and graphic to detail here) may I suggest refraining from reading from the book of Exodus or watching the movie the Ten Commandments. Of course the whole thing is a sham, as you pointed out, since the people claiming to be Jewish aren’t even really Jews after the destruction of the Second Temple (in just the same ways that they stopped being Jews after the destruction of the First Temple).
However the real question is: are Jews, who of course do not eat pork, more or less susceptible to swine flu?
How about if I add a big MEGADITTOS here?I can find nothing to say other than, “This is utterly ridiculous.”
:bounce:The ability to put words in your mouth on a written forum is just one more ominous example of the special underworld powers of “Jewish guys” and one more good reason for not wanting to share a meal with them. Now the passover seder recalls the going out of Egypt and in as much as that undermines Christianity ( the aftermath to both Christians and Christianity after attendance at a seder meal is indeed too horrifying and graphic to detail here) may I suggest refraining from reading from the book of Exodus or watching the movie the Ten Commandments. Of course the whole thing is a sham, as you pointed out, since the people claiming to be Jewish aren’t even really Jews after the destruction of the Second Temple (in just the same ways that they stopped being Jews after the destruction of the First Temple).
However the real question is: are Jews, who of course do not eat pork, more or less susceptible to swine flu?
Hilarious? Really?:bounce::bounce: this was hilarious!!
i believe it was intended to be sarcasticHilarious? Really?
I thought it was repellant, bigoted, and hate-filled.
I hope you’re right - I’d hate to think there are folks who can find such stuff even vaguely amusing.i believe it was intended to be sarcastic![]()
Three notes.THE SEDER IS NOT A RELIGIOUS SERVICE!!!
IT’s DINNER! :banghead:
Can we please at least make that distinction?
You can only try…THE SEDER IS NOT A RELIGIOUS SERVICE!!!
IT’s DINNER! :banghead:
Can we please at least make that distinction?
And fail - apparently.You can only try…![]()
Are you denying that it is also a ritual that follows a certain liturgy? I’m quite familiar with a Sedar and it seems self evident that it is two things: 1) a meal, 2) a liturgical rite.And fail - apparently.
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: