mean “spiritually engage in a full and complete manner,” as when we participate in the Eucharist through Holy Communion? I don’t think any Catholics attending a Seder at a friend’s house would think “Hey, I am not going to believe in the salvific nature of Christ tonight!”
You don’t see it coming, if you’re certain people. Some priests got into archaeology, which involved mixing it up with Atheists and started over humanizing Jesus. Malachi Martin said it almost cost Pierre Teilhard de Chardin’s faith and characters like the one in “The Exorcist: the Beginning” were based on real archaeologist-priests like him. You have ones who almost lose their faith in making their parish services all interreligious. People don’t say what needs to be said in fear of offending their Jewish and Protestant friends. I even visited a religious house, which is not traditionalist, where that concern was brought up by two of the religious, regarding the case of Bishop Williamson and his Halocaust opinion scandal. Even a prominent Orthodox Jewish Rabbi said the Christian guilt of the liberals in high places, who freaked out about reinstating the excommunicated bishops, is unnecessary. I think that spilled into the parishes. There are some who mix Christmas and Hannukkah (sp?) for kids of a Jew and a Christian. It’s unnecessary. The Jews don’t cut animals’ throats while confessing so what are we doing thinking we’ve got the real Pasch reenacted? I bet Jesus and his Apostles did that.
Code:
No one still has answered the question about why not reenact the other services of the Jews? Come on! It's the food, right?
Your sign-off phrase is St. Francis’ great exhortation to evangelize without speaking; how do you plan to evangelize, silently or otherwise, if you don’t actually “participate” in anything explicitly non-Catholic?
Well, I can read about it. We can evangelize by walking around holding a rosary and by serving others. I’ve read nothing about attending their regular services and singing along. If you approached a Buddha statue in Japan, would you make a stack of rocks or bow to the statue to evangelize?
BTW I didn’t say that Judaism is like Wicca. You missed the theme of the comparison and there can be two equally right themes, but you missed any or all of them. You can’t do public reading or sing a long at non-Catholic services. I wouldn’t even go to a sedevacantist mass, and I prefer not to attend SSPX Masses, but I don’t liken any of them to pagans. Am I comparing them to each other ecclesially? No. I’m likening them to each other as schismatic to some degree. I bet most who do these seder meals have no interest in attending a Latin Mass, especially of those living as if Vatican 2 never happened or denying it, though many of our saints celebrated that way. They said “Our blood be on us and our children” in the Good Friday passion Gospel reading of the tridentine liturgy, but I bet you won’t be having any of that. Likewise, Jews and Pagans can be paired together as non-Christian. It’s funny how reactionaries can be on the left as well as the right. It’s interesting how many snapped at me about that without considering why I put the two together. I mean, if it were one, then I’ve done that before, but more than one is a Christian-guilt freak-out fest. Was it like, traditionalist…hmmm, typical right-wing unecumenical traditionalist?
Whenever you have things repeated in a ritualistic way, something of as creed is going on. You might want to make sure you have the Mass down as Obama’s reign may have us in houses doing secret Masses. I think we should reenact Christ’s new meal of The Sacrifice as The Faith is what Judaism should have been. We shouldn’t see it as one thing happened and then another.