F
foolishmortal
Guest
It’s a ritualistic meal, unless you’re just doing a play, but the plays are usually The Last Supper. It’s not just a meal. I’m fine being friends with Jews or other different people (unless they’re smutty people) at a secular meal. You can do that anytime.
I’m also not anti-Jew (I respect the Orthodox and more conservative ones), Protestant (I think we should be more like the fundamentalists in worrying about the others’ souls, instead of having joint religious events and going to their rituals), Muslim and not even non-radical homosexuals (just the gay lifestyle). I don’t use derogatory slang about them either. I just believe we can have everything 100% Biblically, catechetically, and spiritually, which is received by us according to our soul’s openness to them. The others don’t have it and are in shades of darkness (on that note, I believe America is the best). Taking part in their rituals tells them OK or it lessens the significance of the communion they have with each other when they eat a ritualistic meal or a meal with a liturgy. We do neither them nor us any favors by going to their services.
catholicforum.fisheaters.com/index.php/topic,3380728.0.html Somebody wrote some fancy stuff in one or two messages. Maybe some of you can understand it and benefit.
I have no dog in the fight, personally, but I believe the previous sources (and maybe this one) I listed provide some room for concern. If a great many people are doing something forbidden, even if it must be deduced from parts of an authorized Catechism, I should share why. I am loyal to the cannots and must-dos spoken by the bishops, but the can dos and don’t have to dos by them have been very imprudent in the last 40 years. We need real theologians, like the two previous links’ authorities on these matters, to tell us should dos and should not dos and some cannot dos that are not explicitly understood from the Catechism, to avoid legalism for imprudent liberties. Still, if it is not changed that we cannot play roles in non-Catholic services, it stands to reason we still cannot. Vagaries don’t change those things.
I’m also not anti-Jew (I respect the Orthodox and more conservative ones), Protestant (I think we should be more like the fundamentalists in worrying about the others’ souls, instead of having joint religious events and going to their rituals), Muslim and not even non-radical homosexuals (just the gay lifestyle). I don’t use derogatory slang about them either. I just believe we can have everything 100% Biblically, catechetically, and spiritually, which is received by us according to our soul’s openness to them. The others don’t have it and are in shades of darkness (on that note, I believe America is the best). Taking part in their rituals tells them OK or it lessens the significance of the communion they have with each other when they eat a ritualistic meal or a meal with a liturgy. We do neither them nor us any favors by going to their services.
catholicforum.fisheaters.com/index.php/topic,3380728.0.html Somebody wrote some fancy stuff in one or two messages. Maybe some of you can understand it and benefit.
I have no dog in the fight, personally, but I believe the previous sources (and maybe this one) I listed provide some room for concern. If a great many people are doing something forbidden, even if it must be deduced from parts of an authorized Catechism, I should share why. I am loyal to the cannots and must-dos spoken by the bishops, but the can dos and don’t have to dos by them have been very imprudent in the last 40 years. We need real theologians, like the two previous links’ authorities on these matters, to tell us should dos and should not dos and some cannot dos that are not explicitly understood from the Catechism, to avoid legalism for imprudent liberties. Still, if it is not changed that we cannot play roles in non-Catholic services, it stands to reason we still cannot. Vagaries don’t change those things.