Church assailed as "house of hate"!

• Thread starter Thread starter A_Chaoidh
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny how the faithful are the only ones who cant speak in public about their values/beliefs without being called “bigots”.

gilliam,

The righteous will never persecute the Church, at least not intentionally.

40.png
TPJCatholic:
gilliam,

The righteous will never persecute the Church, at least not intentionally.
I think the last passage in the Beatitudes sums up what we our response should be:
"Blessed are you when men revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account. 12 Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven, for so men persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Matthew 5:11-12
Looks like it will only get worse from here.

PF

American Christians for Equal Rights believes that God gave all humanity a free will. With that free will is the freedom to fall in love and marry, regardless of your sexual orientation.
Actually, their theology is almost flawless. God did, indeed, give humanity free will. And, indeed, with the free will is the freedom to sin just as they describe!

Of course there’s a consequence to that sin, but they seem to have left that part out.

** Are you surprised ? When you are deep in sin**
**you must get rid of the concept of sin. Their way **
is to scream and shout everybody down. Sorta like
a 5 year old brat does to get his way.

***(The “gay” lobby is appropriating Valentine’s Day to promote homosexual “marriage,” holding similar events across the country.) ***

Interesting tactic!

St. Matthew 21:31
“Therefore I say to you, that every kind of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven to men; but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven.”

It is wholly ironic that they use this verse to support themselves as the article explains… the fact that it speaks to those who refuse forgiveness (namely because they do not think they are sinning in the first place).

I somewhat long for a day when instead of dealing with these incompetent homosexual activists who claim to be Christian, we could instead deal with atheists, nihilists, basically anybody with an actual philosophy even if it’s in direct contrast to our own… it’s much more intellectually satisfying. Gay activists have no argument whatsoever, they only embarass themselves by trying to fight on our grounds.

Timidity said:
American Christians for Equal Rights believes that God gave all humanity a free will. With that free will is the freedom to fall in love and marry, regardless of your sexual orientation.

Actually, their theology is almost flawless. God did, indeed, give humanity free will. And, indeed, with the free will is the freedom to sin just as they describe!

Of course there’s a consequence to that sin, but they seem to have left that part out.

Homosexuals do exhibit free will combined with obsessive/compulsive behaviour. It is one reason that they don’t want to take responsibility for their actions and go deep into denial; as when a child rapist blames the child for his rapist actions.

Therefore, homosexuals deny their homosexuality, redirect the blame to others, and willingly and knowingly do this out of free will. All homosexuals need to be held accountable for their behaviour since they do possess free will, yet still commit anti-social acts (child rape, knowingly spread AIDS, attempts at suicide, etc.).

Kevin Walker:
All homosexuals need to be held accountable for their behaviour since they do possess free will, yet still commit anti-social acts (child rape, knowingly spread AIDS, attempts at suicide, etc.).
Are you suggesting that all homosexuals, including women, rape children, knowingly spread AIDS and attempt suicide?

I only ask because not only is it demonstrable nonsense but a crime against charity to spread such malicious scandal.

The Catechism says this~
scborromeo.org/ccc/p3s2c2a6.htm
2358 The number of men and women who have deep-seated homosexual tendencies is not negligible. This inclination, which is objectively disordered, constitutes for most of them a trial. **They must be accepted with respect, compassion, and sensitivity. Every sign of unjust discrimination in their regard should be avoided. **These persons are called to fulfill God’s will in their lives and, if they are Christians, to unite to the sacrifice of the Lord’s Cross the difficulties they may encounter from their condition.

Many of the posters on this thread must understand the words repect, compassion and sensitivity differently from they way that I do. If you find the behaviour of Gay activists provocative then do not be provoked respond with love and only love. Otherwise you are walking a different path from that of Our Lord who was spat upon

*3 Despised, and the most abject of men, a man of sorrows, and acquainted with infirmity: and his look was as it were hidden and despised, whereupon we esteemed him not. * 4 Surely he hath borne our infirmities and carried our sorrows: and we have thought him as it were a leper, and as one struck by God and afflicted. 5 But he was wounded for our iniquities, he was bruised for our sins: the chastisement of our peace was upon him, and by his bruises we are healed. 6 All we like sheep have gone astray, every one hath turned aside into his own way: and the Lord hath laid on him the iniquity of us all. 7 He was offered because it was his own will, and he opened not his mouth: he shall be led as a sheep to the slaughter, and shall be dumb as a lamb before his shearer, and he shall not open his mouth.
Isaiah 53 The Douay-Rheims Bible

Many of the posters on this thread must understand the words repect, compassion and sensitivity differently from they way that I do. If you find the behaviour of Gay activists provocative then do not be provoked respond with love and only love. Otherwise you are walking a different path from that of Our Lord who was spat upon
I did not know Rome used the word “gay”? When did they start that? Are heterosexuals “joyless”? The CCC speaks of authentic love, not false compassion that our society throws at them.

Homosexual activists are not only wrong, but guilty of scandal and leading others to a false understanding of love and what Christ expects of us. Yes, they should be treated with love, but true love.

40.png
fix:
Homosexual activists are not only wrong, but guilty of scandal and leading others to a false understanding of love and what Christ expects of us. Yes, they should be treated with love, but true love.
And Respect

And Compassion

And Sensitivity

40.png
Matt25:
And Respect

And Compassion

And Sensitivity
Really? Why would someone want to be sensitive and compassionate to a person who is actively committing an agregious sin? Would I be respectful and compassionate to my local reigning Mafioso don? The active abortion provider? The notorious swinger? The open polygamist? The unrepentant imbezzler? The proud and defiant child-rapist?

40.png
condan:
Really? Why would someone want to be sensitive and compassionate to a person who is actively committing an agregious sin? Would I be respectful and compassionate to my local reigning Mafioso don? The active abortion provider? The notorious swinger? The open polygamist? The unrepentant imbezzler? The proud and defiant child-rapist?
Excellent retort! :clapping: :bowdown:

40.png
condan:
Yes you should. Which bit of the Catechism do you most disagree with
The Catechism says this~
2358 The number of men and women who have deep-seated homosexual tendencies is not negligible. This inclination, which is objectively disordered, constitutes for most of them a trial. **They must be accepted with respect, compassion, and sensitivity. Every sign of unjust discrimination in their regard should be avoided. **These persons are called to fulfill God’s will in their lives and, if they are Christians, to unite to the sacrifice of the Lord’s Cross the difficulties they may encounter from their condition.

Matt,

I think you are well aware that the Church looks upon gays with compassion–yet many gays would not agree.

40.png
Matt25:
Yes you should. Which bit of the Catechism do you most disagree with
The Catechism says this~

…homosexual acts as acts of grave depravity, tradition has always declared that “homosexual acts are intrinsically disordered.” They are contrary to the naturl law…Under no circumstances can they be approved.

Homosexual persons are called to chastity. By the virtues of self mastery that teach them inner freedom, at times by the support of disinterested friendship, by prayer and sacramental grace, they can and should gradually and resolutely approach Christian perfection.

Reading isolated portions of any text allows one to tweak the intended meaning. Certainly a homosexual person who is struggling with chastity and living a life of Christian grace should be treated with respect, compassion and sensitivity. However, the active homosexual who is trying to indoctrinate our young people through GLSEN, GLAD, etc. is doing harm and needs to be corrected with genuine love.

Jesus was very clear when he said: “Go and sin no more”. We are insincere followers if we do not echo His words and actions in all regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back