P
pulchraesamicamea
Guest
Hello friends, I’m posting this on here because my heart is going to explode.
Today, someone I know well told me, “Aren’t you going to confession today?”
I said, “No, not this Sunday; I do not think I have committed any mortal sins that I know of.”
He said to me, “Well, your disability (or illness) is a mortal sin since you’re bothering your parents with it, and also you’re causing financial burden to your family.” He also told me that because I’m not cured as of yet, it means that I’m causing a mortal sin on my soul.
I said, “Well, I’m not being sick on purpose.” I also defined the definition of mortal sin for him: that, it has to be a grave manner, and done by intention.
He said, “Oh, you can’t take a joke! It was only a joke, you silly one.”
I don’t really think it’s ok to joke about mortal sins, especially comparing my disability to a mortal sin.
I honestly don’t know what to think about this. Am I overreacting?
I couldn’t focus at all at Mass today because of it, and my thoughts often led me away from focusing. I just want to think that I’m sensitive and I shouldn’t care much about it.
What are your thoughts?
Thank you.
Today, someone I know well told me, “Aren’t you going to confession today?”
I said, “No, not this Sunday; I do not think I have committed any mortal sins that I know of.”
He said to me, “Well, your disability (or illness) is a mortal sin since you’re bothering your parents with it, and also you’re causing financial burden to your family.” He also told me that because I’m not cured as of yet, it means that I’m causing a mortal sin on my soul.
I said, “Well, I’m not being sick on purpose.” I also defined the definition of mortal sin for him: that, it has to be a grave manner, and done by intention.
He said, “Oh, you can’t take a joke! It was only a joke, you silly one.”
I don’t really think it’s ok to joke about mortal sins, especially comparing my disability to a mortal sin.
I honestly don’t know what to think about this. Am I overreacting?
I couldn’t focus at all at Mass today because of it, and my thoughts often led me away from focusing. I just want to think that I’m sensitive and I shouldn’t care much about it.
What are your thoughts?
Thank you.