po18guy:
EDIT: If you think that you have many sins, please clarify with If many are not actually sins, ask for guidance. If the thought that they are sins returns or will not go away, then please ask about scrupulosity, as it is running rampant and is a potential sign of anxiety/OCD.
Is scrupulosity actually “running rampant” these days? That’s not the vibe I get. I get the impression that almost everyone is generally satisfied with the state of their souls (whether they should be or not), and are untroubled by the idea that they could actually displease Almighty God in their everyday lives, least of all by mortal sin.
I do concede that this can be a difficulty for the young person who is learning the Catholic faith for the first time. They learn of all the things that could be sins, then begin to second-guess everything in their lives. That’s not necessarily OCD. But they do need a solid, orthodox priest who can guide them in their spiritual life and illustrate to them what is sin, and what is not sin.