"Convicted pedophile priest Porter dies at 70."

• Thread starter Thread starter Kevin_Walker
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
40.png
Franze:
This man had to be excomunnated, these people do much damage to the church, greetings
Just like ex-Priest Paul Shanley in Boston, who was just sentenced to 17 years for sexually abusing a 2nd grader. He would call him out of class and then abuse him. These people are an embarrassment to the Church.

I’ve been wondering lately why there are so many of them. With all due respect, it does seem like so many priests are gay and pedophiles. Maybe they should be allowed to get married.

Blessings,
Shannin

40.png
Annunciata:
O great one! Have you walked in the shoes of anyone whose faith and lives of their families have all but been destroyed by these priests???:mad:
I haven’t faced that particular situation but I have faced difficult and faith challenging circumstances due to the actions of priests and Bishops.

No souls are going to heaven because we celebrate the death of predatory priests. We have to be the better example so that these families come back.

Church Militant:
it may not have happened had we been faithful in our prayers to begin with.
Gee, nothing like a good old dose of “Catholic guilt”.

Spare me, Puleeeeeez!:rolleyes:

40.png
shannin:
Just like ex-Priest Paul Shanley in Boston, who was just sentenced to 17 years for sexually abusing a 2nd grader. He would call him out of class and then abuse him. These people are an embarrassment to the Church.

I’ve been wondering lately why there are so many of them. With all due respect, it does seem like so many priests are gay and pedophiles. Maybe they should be allowed to get married.

Blessings,
Shannin
Getting married is not a solution. Priests do not engage in homosexual acts because they are sexually repressed. The do it because they have evil on their back and they do not understand their role as a priest. The homosexual incursion in the Church is one orchestrated by satan himself.

Having married priests as a regularity would only serve his purposes more.

40.png
shannin:

Blessings,
Shannin
Married men have been known to be pedophiles. Don’t think that is the answer.

What bothers me just as much as the pedophile priests is that their abuse was allowed to continue by those who showed little concern for the the vicitms. It is sad how many knew about the abuse and allowed it to continue. I pray for their souls as much as I do the offending priests.

40.png
shannin:
Hi Shannin,
This is another case that is really upsetting me…He is either the founder or a member of NAMBLA!!! North American Man Boy Love Club!!!
A life in prison sentence was asked for and he only got 12 to 15 years!!! I’m livid!!! :banghead:

40.png
Annunciata:
Hi Amy,
I’m glad you were wondering that too… This is so upsetting to think that someone could think that Lily or I we would really hope a soul goes to hell!!!:eek:
Ummm. I presume that “someone” is me?

As I explained in the other post, I didn’t think that anyone hoped he went to hell. I was warning against any thoughts going there. Then Lily said he deserved it. Not a good thing.

40.png
Annunciata:
Hi Shannin,
This is another case that is really upsetting me…He is either the founder or a member of NAMBLA!!! North American Man Boy Love Club!!!
A life in prison sentence was asked for and he only got 12 to 15 years!!! I’m livid!!! :banghead:
By the way, I am one of the most vigorous opponents of the homosexual agenda an NAMBLA on these forums - so please don’t get the impression I am defending any deviants here. I’m praying for their repentance while I speak out against it.

40.png
cove:

What bothers me just as much as the pedophile priests is that their abuse was allowed to continue by those who showed little concern for the the vicitms. It is sad how many knew about the abuse and allowed it to continue. I pray for their souls as much as I do the offending priests.
Nothing short of a tragedy of monumental proportions. The root of this is dissent. We need to fight it wherever it is.

40.png
cove:

I grieve for our Church that it has to suffer so because of a few… when you consider how many priests that are truly good and faithful!!!
We need to pray all the more for our priest and for vocations that all will be good and holy priests!!!

40.png
Brad:
Nothing short of a tragedy of monumental proportions. The root of this is dissent. We need to fight it wherever it is.
How is the root of this “dissent”?

I believe the root of this is a good ol boys club that didn’t want to air their dirty laundry.

And don’t give me this has to do with VII and all the so-called liberal changes in the Church since. Pedophile priests and homosexual behavior in the clergy was around long before VII.

I have to agree with whomever said we should allow priests the option ot marry. i also think that would help prevent the vocation from dieing out.

40.png
Brad:
By the way, I am one of the most vigorous opponents of the homosexual agenda an NAMBLA on these forums - so please don’t get the impression I am defending any deviants here. I’m praying for their repentance while I speak out against it.
Well…I’m really glad to hear that Brad because it did sound as if you were and that you were becoming a bit “holier than thou”…I’m sorry if I became so angered but when I heard of Paul Shanley’s light sentence todays I found it so upsetting…:o
I don’t know if you even have the slightest idea of what it is to live here in MA …How much our poor Church has suffered…And, to have your own pastor defend some of these monsters from the pulpit…suggesting that they were falsly accused!!!:banghead:
I need to go and pray for …I’m losing it just now…I’m just so sad at the state our beautiful Church is in…sorry…Annunciata:o

40.png
TarAshly:
I have to agree with whomever said we should allow priests the option ot marry. i also think that would help prevent the vocation from dieing out.
I’m sorry TarAshly but it is a proven fact that the prieshood does not cause pedophilia…they were of that bent before they went in…
Have you read the book Good Bye Good Men???

40.png
Annunciata:
that is exactlly what went through my head… their are certin people who commit certin crimes that should never get out. Although looking at his age and all, now that I think of it… it possibly could be a life sentence.

40.png
cove:
How is the root of this “dissent”?

I believe the root of this is a good ol boys club that didn’t want to air their dirty laundry.

And don’t give me this has to do with VII and all the so-called liberal changes in the Church since. Pedophile priests and homosexual behavior in the clergy was around long before VII.
Dissent allowed it in unprecedented numbers.

Believe what you will, dissent is sending more souls to hell than a few predatory priests.

Dissent created an atmosphere that said that sexual immorality was really no big deal.

Dissent kicked good priests out of the seminaries because they opposed homosexuality in the seminaries and because they were faithful and orthodox.

We can have our heads in the sand and condemn the few predators as the only problem or we can speak up against dissent in the Church.

40.png
Annunciata:
I’m sorry TarAshly but it is a proven fact that the prieshood does not cause pedophilia…they were of that bent before they went in…
Have you read the book Good Bye Good Men???
I agree with you Annunciata.

40.png
TarAshly:
I have done a lot of reading up on the subject… 65% or more of pedophilles are married or in a commited relationship… I could make an arguement for why pedophilles should not be married. As a part of some of their paroles they are suppposed to stay aways from things that arouse them… Too bad that don’t stay on parole forever. It depends on what type of pedophile they are…

Also, the Catholic Church does not have any more sexual deviants than any other faith. In fact, if you look it up, it has less in some cases… That is not an excuse I promise… It is just a fact that I have found out.

40.png
Annunciata:
Well…I’m really glad to hear that Brad because it did sound as if you were and that you were becoming a bit “holier than thou”…I’m sorry if I became so angered but when I heard of Paul Shanley’s light sentence todays I found it so upsetting…:o
I don’t know if you even have the slightest idea of what it is to live here in MA …How much our poor Church has suffered…And, to have your own pastor defend some of these monsters from the pulpit…suggesting that they were falsly accused!!!:banghead:
I need to go and pray for …I’m losing it just now…I’m just so sad at the state our beautiful Church is in…sorry…Annunciata:o
I understand how it makes you feel. Believe me, I’ve been severely tested by a major dissenting priest and how he is allowed to do whatever he wants by the diocese. I don’t have direct evidence but I’m sure there are connections with the homosexual assault on our Church.

I just want to make sure we all protect our souls and our Church - I’m in no way “holier than thou”. Most of the stuff I say here is more a reminder to myself than an admonition to anyone else.

40.png
Brad:
Dissent allowed it in unprecedented numbers.

Believe what you will, dissent is sending more souls to hell than a few predatory priests.

Dissent created an atmosphere that said that sexual immorality was really no big deal.

Dissent kicked good priests out of the seminaries because they opposed homosexuality in the seminaries and because they were faithful and orthodox.

We can have our heads in the sand and condemn the few predators as the only problem or we can speak up against dissent in the Church.
Sounds good to me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back