CORONAVIRUS on the move

• Thread starter Thread starter Amen1
  • Start date Start date
The Italian priests who passed to eternity because of Coronavirus. (Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)

Eternal rest grant them, O Lord
And let perpetual light shine upon them.
May Their souls, and the souls of all the faithful departed,
Through the mercy of God
Rest in peace.
Amen.

Question, is “may their souls” commonly used? New Catholic here and my Laudate app omits that. It only includes faithful departed

Last edited:
Here’s a link to EWTN’s posting of the Eternal Rest prayer

English

V. Eternal rest grant unto them, O Lord.
R. And let the perpetual light shine upon them.

And may the souls of all the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace. Amen.

Latine

V. Requiem aeternam dona eis, Domine.
R. Et lux perpetua luceat eis.

Fidelium animae, per misericordiam Dei, requiescant in pace. Amen.

Touchable picture
(Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)

May their souls… could grammatically be omitted if one were praying solely for the souls in Purgatory.

I often pray for a particular person who has died:
May his/her soul and the souls of all the faithful departed…

ETA: doing research after I post 😳, I think that when we pray for all the souls in Purgatory we pray without the his/her soul part, but when we pray for one or a group of people, we include the phrase, and go on to include all the rest of the souls in Purgatory.

Last edited:
Well yes it’s rather inconvenient, but you’d think they would panic buy something more important, like food? Yet it seems toilet paper shelves are being emptied first.
You can eat any number of foods. I have been in grocery stores the past week or two that would have been considered as having abundant food in great variety in traditional cultures throughout the world — this in spite of some categories of food being cleaned out.

Alternatives to toilet paper, on the other hand, are rather limited.

40.png
HomeschoolDad:
Alternatives to toilet paper, on the other hand, are rather limited.
Leaves?
Limited only by one’s creativity and aesthetic tolerance. I will “leave” it at that, as I do not wish to get flagged or dinged for posting perceived offensive content. Where there’s a will, there’s a way.

I thought the other day, when I went to Walmart, yes, by American standards, many perceived staple foods were pretty much cleaned out. But Americans are kind of picky about what they will eat — a typical store will have 30 different types of pasta sauce, 10 brand names of white bread, potato chips in every flavor imaginable, and so on. In poor African countries, they’d just be tickled to death to have food, any food. Brands and variety really didn’t exist in the communist countries of Eastern Europe — you got what they had, and you were happy to have it. Traditionally, many poor Appalachian families more or less lived on pinto beans and cornbread, and fried bologna was a treat. And so on.

Last edited:
Fr. Giuseppe Berardelli, a 72-year-old priest in Bergamo, Italy, who gave a respirator (that his parishioners had purchased for him) to a younger patient (whom he did not know), has died from coronavirus.

“Greater love has no person than the one who lays down his life for his friends.” (Jn 15:13)

He is a “Martyr of Charity,” a saint like St. Maximilian Kolbe, who in Auschwitz volunteered to take the place of a condemned man with a family, and was killed.

Don Giuseppe Berardelli, patron of those who suffer from coronavirus and all who care for them, pray for us!
(source: Fr. James Martin)

One feature of the coronavirus phenomenon - not the disease, but the social and cultural dynamics surrounding it - is that it’s upended normal routines, generating unexpected and, occasionally, surreal new experiences.

“Why are you afraid? Have you no faith”? Faith begins when we realise we are in need of salvation. We are not self-sufficient; by ourselves we flounder: we need the Lord, like ancient navigators needed the stars. Let us invite Jesus into the boats of our lives. Let us hand over our fears to him so that he can conquer them. Like the disciples, we will experience that with him on board there will be no shipwreck. Because this is God’s strength: turning to the good everything that happens to us, even the bad things. He brings serenity into our storms, because with God life never dies.

I am 70 years old and have asthma as well as autoimmune disease. Coronavirus is already spreading in my state. I feel really bad about it but I am afraid to attend mass at this point and will be attending an online live mass.
With corona virus on the move…i have been watching internet mass. I hear different visions of it …but everytine i am sitting in church people are sneezing and coughing continuously and just not feel the sane way and makes me very uncomfortable…Strickly has been said and professionally said We should avoid large crowds so sounds like i would stay home…any views?
Welcome to CAF. I’m also 70, wife has autoimmune, so we are worried too

Hope you find other areas of CAF interesting.

Back