B
Bob_Crowley
Guest
Since Christmas, Queensland has had massive flooding in Central Queensland and Southern Queensland, which has been possibly our most expensive natural disaster yet, as well as killing 30 or so people.
Now there is a massive cyclone bearing down on the northern coast of Queensland.
Link refers.
theaustralian.com.au/evacuations-begin-ahead-of-the-arrival-of-the-powerful-cyclone-yasi/story-fn7rj0ye-1225997968847
Now I’m in two minds about this. During the first floods, particulary when Brisbane looked like going under I asked for prayers for two things - a reduced maximum height and better weather. We got both.
However a few days ago I wrote twice to the Premier here pointing out that I thought there was an element of judgement about it, specifically referring to abortion. This was before Yasi was on the radar so to speak. Oddly enough we now find this massive cyclone approaching, so massive it takes an hour for the eye to pass through.
Victoria for example passed draconian abortion laws in October 2008 and in January 2009 had their worst bushfires with well over 100 people killed. In my last letter I made the comment “God can be ******* ruthless”. I wrote to their premier a few days before their bushfires also, pointing out the same thing.
We kill about 100,000 of our own unborn children each year. On another forum here there is a debate about a couple who aborted twin boys because they wanted a girl. They’re in Victoria as far as I know. And Victoria has also had considerable flooding in their western region.
I’m aware that there are those who think God doesn’t use natural disasters as judgment. Tell that to the Egyptians in the Exodus, or the rebellious Israelites in the desert, or Jericho when the walls fell down, or Sodom and Gomorrah.
So I don’t know whether to ask for prayer or not. I think God intends to ram a lesson home. Whether we listen to it or not is up to us.
Comments anybody?
Now there is a massive cyclone bearing down on the northern coast of Queensland.
Link refers.
theaustralian.com.au/evacuations-begin-ahead-of-the-arrival-of-the-powerful-cyclone-yasi/story-fn7rj0ye-1225997968847
Now I’m in two minds about this. During the first floods, particulary when Brisbane looked like going under I asked for prayers for two things - a reduced maximum height and better weather. We got both.
However a few days ago I wrote twice to the Premier here pointing out that I thought there was an element of judgement about it, specifically referring to abortion. This was before Yasi was on the radar so to speak. Oddly enough we now find this massive cyclone approaching, so massive it takes an hour for the eye to pass through.
Victoria for example passed draconian abortion laws in October 2008 and in January 2009 had their worst bushfires with well over 100 people killed. In my last letter I made the comment “God can be ******* ruthless”. I wrote to their premier a few days before their bushfires also, pointing out the same thing.
We kill about 100,000 of our own unborn children each year. On another forum here there is a debate about a couple who aborted twin boys because they wanted a girl. They’re in Victoria as far as I know. And Victoria has also had considerable flooding in their western region.
I’m aware that there are those who think God doesn’t use natural disasters as judgment. Tell that to the Egyptians in the Exodus, or the rebellious Israelites in the desert, or Jericho when the walls fell down, or Sodom and Gomorrah.
So I don’t know whether to ask for prayer or not. I think God intends to ram a lesson home. Whether we listen to it or not is up to us.
Comments anybody?