Is there any difference between choice A and B? I thought you were only safe once you received the sacrament of reconciliation.
Love is a good motivation and if you imagine each sin as hurting Jesus I can see that working. I don’t know though; you are still destined for hell either way you go. I hate to ask, but what is in it for me?
If you (I mean “one”, not actually you

) are not contrite, you are not safe even if you do go to confession. The more you deliberately keep piling on additional mortal sins, the less likely you are to suddenly cough up contrition at 4:00 pm on Saturday because we are creatures of habit, and if you spend all your time habitually not being contrite, then you are running a real risk of continuing with that. Now, I don’t really want to bring up a line of reasoning that relies upon “less likely”, because one can always repent. Death is the only obstacle. And it really ought to be about love and not the “odds”. But you are offering that very type of concern about likelihood by saying that you feel it is unlikely/near impossible that you will have perfect contrition, and I have felt the motivation behind that type of feeling. :hug1:You are right, you cannot manufacture perfect contrition out of nowhere. But if God gives you that grace of perfect contrition and you fail to cooperate with it, can you see how that is unwise? If you always say to yourself “what does it matter”, then you are never going to cooperate with that grace even if you do get it. And God is generous, not stingy. You could be getting access to that grace every time and just ignoring it.
There are a few things I could say (edit, edit, post growing longer…

) and I’m having difficulty picking the one most likely to be of use to you. What’s in it for you? Hmmm. God did not throw darts at a list of harmless behaviors and call the ones the dart hit “sins”. The things called “sins” actually harm us and others right now, spiritually, physically, emotionally, etc., even if we are too blind to notice. Can you trust God on this point? Why hurt yourself further?
Also, our hearts will only truly be satisfied with God. Whatever sin a man is interposing between himself and God is not his true happiness. Why spend another week walking in illusion, in a path of tears and sorrow, when he/she can turn on a dime and walk in the light, basking in the warmth of communion/relationship with the Blessed Trinity for that time period instead? (it takes grace to turn on a dime, but God is not stingy, his goal isn’t to keep you dangling outside of his love for the longest time possible. He is a LOVING Father who wants you to be with him.)