I get the feeling, Misslollipops, that you never understood the rosary from the very start. You seem to have imagined that it was just a lot of rote prayers strung together
that demanded nothing from you.
Its not like that. It requires great love & attention…
I make rosaries.I can turn them out, watching TV, with the cat in my lap…It is a joy & a privilege to be able to make something that will lead others to prayer, but the making part is very simple. I could teach a fairly well-coordinated child how to do it.
But the praying of the rosary…There’s a different kettle of fish! That requires that my mind & my heart be fully engaged. It requires me to make things peaceful, & to take the time out of my day, to “come apart & be ye separate”, so that I can spend time with Our Lord…In the peace of meditation.
I could just rattle off prayers off the top of my head, too. But they always come out the same…I grew up in a church congregation with a “Holiness” pastor, and I learned as a little child that those dear holiness folk do surely love the Lord, & they surely don’t think we should ever pray “set” prayers, and
they pray the very same words every single week at prayer meeting, year after year, after year.
Sr Y prays for “the missionaries on the faroff foreign field”; Br D begins with “Eternal Father we come before you after this another week”, and Mrs P always says, “Lord, unworthy as we are, we bow before your throne of grace this evening to thank you for your many blessings”.
So, don’t even start with the “repetitious” & “a form of godliness”, cause the truth is, that you simply don’t know what you’re talking about…
Now I’m a Methodist myself, so it might be said, that

“I don’t have a dog in this fight”, so I really don’t worry whether you are Catholic, or Pentecostal, or Holiness, or whatever.
But I worry about the anger, & the bitterness that I see, when ever the Blessed Mother of Jesus is mentioned, and I have to tell you, you have a big problem that we’re not, probably, going to be able to solve here, just posting back & forth. There’s a reason for that, & until you search your heart & find out what it is, and repent of it, you are always going to be obsessed with it…even when you aren’t quite sure what name to put on it.
I speak as an old lady, who has been there, done that, & come back to where I started from.
And the only part of the journey that I have never managed to fluff completely, was the part that I travelled with my rosary in my hands, & a prayer in my heart.
God bless all here.