C
chipeto
Guest
It’s been one week in my new place, and I still haven’t gotten used to the silence. Nor have I completely unpacked; it’s just hard to get motivated, and I’ve spent a fair amount of time just driving aimlessly or walking through stores. My new place is only five miles from where C lives, and less than one mile from her sister, though neither of them know that. I had spent a lot of time in this part of town when I was with C and I’ve come to like it, which is why I’ve moved here; it’s the only area that appeals to me.
Speaking of her sister, she sent me an email about a week ago: she wants me to know that they haven’t forgotten me, she hopes that I’m keeping the faith because I will find what my heart desires in someone, they all miss me and think of me fondly. She wishes me good luck with my move if I am still doing that, and says that it would be nice to hear how I am doing.
I replied and thanked her for the encouragement, but that I had already found what my heart desired, had found more than I had ever dreamed, and I am aching because I’ve lost that now. I tell her that I am trying to make friends, build a life for myself, and trust God to help me.
She responded with more encouragement, she is praying for healing for both me and for C, and asks me to keep in touch. Several times, she has made it clear that she wants me to keep in touch, and that is baffling. I don’t know why she would want to hear from me.
My recent roommate W is in a bad spot: her boyfriend, who had signed a new lease with her at the house I just left, changed his mind at the last minute and has refused to move in. She can’t pay the bills by herself and doesn’t know what she will do. I know that I can’t make the same mistake I’ve made in the past and rescue her, but it hurts me to see them in distress.
When C and I were enrolled in marriage prep at her church, we were assigned a mentor couple, whom we never met because they went abroad for several months. Apparently, they never got the message about C and me no longer being together, because they sent both of us an email the other day, saying that they were back and inviting us to come to their house! I responded with the sad news, and C, whom I haven’t heard from in a month, replied to me; she hopes I am doing well and that I like my new place. I told her that I am doing all right, that I hope she is healthy and has found a good job. It’s strange to have these dialogues, in which neither side really wants to convey any information, so instead we just ‘hope’ vague things for each other.
Speaking of C’s church…I have a bit of a dilemma. I have gone there many times, with her and her daughter, and I really like it, and it is actually my closest parish now. It’s a really big parish, it’s very active, and it has many ministries and groups, so for that reason my counselor encouraged me to go there, since I really need to make friends and find a community. I could go to the 8:30 service; C (and her sister’s family) go to to the 10:30, or occasionally to the evening service, so it’s not likely that I would run into them, at least for a while. At any rate, I’m certainly not hiding from anyone, but I don’t want to put myself in her path, either. I’m not sure what I will do. I have been going to another parish a few miles further away, but it is not as active and doesn’t have the same appeal for me.
Life’s still really tough. I’m trying, though, to do what I can and trust God for the rest. Trusting God when I feel this hopeless is really hard. Sometimes I look around at my new place, and think of all the money I’ve spent furnishing it in an effort to make it look nice, and it seems like such a waste. I don’t get any joy from this ‘stuff’. I feel like I should have gone off to some mission field or relief effort where I could be of some use to someone.
Speaking of her sister, she sent me an email about a week ago: she wants me to know that they haven’t forgotten me, she hopes that I’m keeping the faith because I will find what my heart desires in someone, they all miss me and think of me fondly. She wishes me good luck with my move if I am still doing that, and says that it would be nice to hear how I am doing.
I replied and thanked her for the encouragement, but that I had already found what my heart desired, had found more than I had ever dreamed, and I am aching because I’ve lost that now. I tell her that I am trying to make friends, build a life for myself, and trust God to help me.
She responded with more encouragement, she is praying for healing for both me and for C, and asks me to keep in touch. Several times, she has made it clear that she wants me to keep in touch, and that is baffling. I don’t know why she would want to hear from me.
My recent roommate W is in a bad spot: her boyfriend, who had signed a new lease with her at the house I just left, changed his mind at the last minute and has refused to move in. She can’t pay the bills by herself and doesn’t know what she will do. I know that I can’t make the same mistake I’ve made in the past and rescue her, but it hurts me to see them in distress.
When C and I were enrolled in marriage prep at her church, we were assigned a mentor couple, whom we never met because they went abroad for several months. Apparently, they never got the message about C and me no longer being together, because they sent both of us an email the other day, saying that they were back and inviting us to come to their house! I responded with the sad news, and C, whom I haven’t heard from in a month, replied to me; she hopes I am doing well and that I like my new place. I told her that I am doing all right, that I hope she is healthy and has found a good job. It’s strange to have these dialogues, in which neither side really wants to convey any information, so instead we just ‘hope’ vague things for each other.
Speaking of C’s church…I have a bit of a dilemma. I have gone there many times, with her and her daughter, and I really like it, and it is actually my closest parish now. It’s a really big parish, it’s very active, and it has many ministries and groups, so for that reason my counselor encouraged me to go there, since I really need to make friends and find a community. I could go to the 8:30 service; C (and her sister’s family) go to to the 10:30, or occasionally to the evening service, so it’s not likely that I would run into them, at least for a while. At any rate, I’m certainly not hiding from anyone, but I don’t want to put myself in her path, either. I’m not sure what I will do. I have been going to another parish a few miles further away, but it is not as active and doesn’t have the same appeal for me.
Life’s still really tough. I’m trying, though, to do what I can and trust God for the rest. Trusting God when I feel this hopeless is really hard. Sometimes I look around at my new place, and think of all the money I’ve spent furnishing it in an effort to make it look nice, and it seems like such a waste. I don’t get any joy from this ‘stuff’. I feel like I should have gone off to some mission field or relief effort where I could be of some use to someone.