Desolate and alone

  • Thread starter Thread starter chipeto
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Chip! I am very happy to hear that you continue to flourish! I trust that things will continue to progress for you! Also, 40 is NOT old! There is saying: “Life starts at 40”! I absolutely believe it since I’ve seen a lot of good things happen for people in their 40’s. I am also happy to read the great advice you’ve been getting in the last few days, and even happier to see that you do take everyone’s advice into thoughtful consideration. God bless you Chip!

Heavenly Father, in faith, I thank You for caring for our dear Chip, and for walking with him every step of the way on his journey with You. Thank You Father for giving Chip insight into all things, and for giving him the wisdom in handling them. Thank You Father for carrying him and guiding him. Lord, thank You for bringing a peaceful and blessed life to him. Thank You Lord for Chip’s progress! Amen.
 
Wow, thanks so much for all of the support and advice! I think I owe a big thank you to BrotherlyLove’s girlfriend’s cat. Leegal, your beautifully-worded posts did not overstep at all. I will continue to give updates here, though it may be infrequently, and I promise to stop harping on about my age. 🙂

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you who celebrate it, and I wish a blessed day for those of you who don’t. W’s entire family comes to our home on Thanksgiving (and Christmas, and Easter), and has for many years, because we have the largest house; so we will have perhaps 30 people. It will be a special holiday for me this year, since things will change so much in the next.
 
I agree with NiceMimi’s post above. I see she is praying for you; we all are. It’s nice to see her posts.

Thank you too for the kind words. I’m too am glad to see that you are most open to suggestion.

Happy Thanksgiving to you – and to all.
 
Chip - you mentioned earlier that you wondered whether this is what people going through a divorce felt. I think it probably is. You were in an emotional relationship with a woman for 14 years who was married to someone else and was perhaps using you.

In that time, you probably passed up many opportunities to get to know someone else with whom to build your life with. This is so sad.

As far as the kids, you will probably be able to maintain some type of relationship with the older ones.

My prayers are with you.
 
I hope everyone of you had a great Thanksgiving, ours was mostly good, but we were about eight people short, for a variety of reasons. Most notably missing: W’s husband. She told the kids that he had refused to tell her why he wasn’t coming; I suspect that this was untrue. Later in the evening, as we were eating dessert, W’s boyfriend stopped by with his kids. Still later, after all the guests had left and the kids had gone to bed, W left the house, without taking her car. Several times during the night, one or both of her young boys came downstairs to my room, crying for Mommy because she wasn’t in her bed; it’s this phase they are going through where they want to climb into her bed at night. I just said that Mommy had gone out and would be back later, and coaxed them back to bed. W walked in the front door while this was happening at two AM; I could see through the open door behind her her boyfriend’s car pulling away.

So, it was a little weird, but the food was great!

On another, more positive, note, I chatted with a woman on Catholic Match yesterday. I have only recently opened the account, and only uploaded photos of myself the day before. We must have chatted for at least an hour; she is local, in fact she works not far from where I do. And then…I asked if we could meet, and she said…yes.
 
Hello Chip! I am glad that all is going well for you! God bless!

Heavenly Father, in faith, I thank You for caring for our dear Chip, and for walking with him every step of the way on his journey with You. Thank You Father for giving Chip insight into all things, and for giving him the wisdom in handling them. Thank You Father for carrying him and guiding him. Lord, thank You for bringing a peaceful and blessed life to him. Thank You Lord for Chip’s progress! Amen.
 
Heavenly Father, in faith, I thank You for caring for our dear Chip, and for walking with him every step of the way on his journey with You. Thank You Father for giving Chip insight into all things, and for giving him the wisdom in handling them. Thank You Father for carrying him and guiding him. Lord, thank You for bringing a peaceful and blessed life to him. Thank You Lord for Chip’s progress! Amen.
 
Hi, Mimi, God bless you! I hope you and your family are well!

You know, I haven’t been on CAF at all lately, and it’s because of the woman I mentioned in my last post. She’s just incredible, a woman of prayer. We haven’t been able to meet in person because…I had surgery last Tuesday for a hernia, and I’ve been recuperating, but we will finally meet tomorrow night. We talk on the phone whenever we get the chance. To tell the truth, it’s a little scary how well we connect and how fast things seem to be moving along. I’ve even told her my own sad story, with considerable trepidation, because I felt guilty that she was getting the wrong impression of me, and since she had already confided so much of herself. She has been so compassionate and understanding.

Is this crazy or what?
 
Hi, Mimi, God bless you! I hope you and your family are well!

You know, I haven’t been on CAF at all lately, and it’s because of the woman I mentioned in my last post. She’s just incredible, a woman of prayer. We haven’t been able to meet in person because…I had surgery last Tuesday for a hernia, and I’ve been recuperating, but we will finally meet tomorrow night. We talk on the phone whenever we get the chance. To tell the truth, it’s a little scary how well we connect and how fast things seem to be moving along. I’ve even told her my own sad story, with considerable trepidation, because I felt guilty that she was getting the wrong impression of me, and since she had already confided so much of herself. She has been so compassionate and understanding.

Is this crazy or what?
Hello Chip! Thank you for your prayers, and God bless you also! We are doing well, but as you can imagine, it has been very hectic here with the holiday planning, and just family life in general. I am glad to hear that all is going very well with you in spite of the hernia operation. I trust in God that all will continue going well for you. I think it is wonderful that things are clearly moving in the right direction for you! The lady you’ve met sounds quite nice, and I trust all will go well with your date! God bless you!

Heavenly Father, in faith, I thank You for caring for our dear Chip, and for walking with him every step of the way on his journey with You. Thank You Father for giving Chip insight into all things, and for giving him the wisdom in handling them. Thank You Father for carrying him and guiding him. Lord, thank You for bringing a peaceful and blessed life to him. Thank You Lord for Chip’s progress! Amen.
 
Hi, Mimi, God bless you! I hope you and your family are well!

You know, I haven’t been on CAF at all lately, and it’s because of the woman I mentioned in my last post. She’s just incredible, a woman of prayer. We haven’t been able to meet in person because…I had surgery last Tuesday for a hernia, and I’ve been recuperating, but we will finally meet tomorrow night. We talk on the phone whenever we get the chance. To tell the truth, it’s a little scary how well we connect and how fast things seem to be moving along. I’ve even told her my own sad story, with considerable trepidation, because I felt guilty that she was getting the wrong impression of me, and since she had already confided so much of herself. She has been so compassionate and understanding.

Is this crazy or what?
Glad to hear about your thanksgiving, though I must say, the part about the children made me very sad. (What’s wrong with some women/mothers?! )

Did you recover well from the surgery?
How did iyour meeting with the woman go? Seeeeeeee, inspite of yourself, you found hope. So never say never, again 🙂
 
I’m recovering well enough, I think, just a bit of swelling and tenderness left.

As for our first date…it was fireworks. We had been talking on the phone for the week prior to meeting, and these discussions had quickly become very intense, which was exhilarating, but also concerning. She has taken to me in a big way, and I feel the same about her, but we haven’t yet had the chance to get to know each other, so it feels a little crazy, and I don’t want to lose my footing. We have been praying together, and have agreed to make prayer the center of whatever-we-do going forward.

We were laughing last night about how weird it feels being a ‘grown up’ and dating. Dating doesn’t really seem like the right word. She has a full-time job, and does other work on the side, and teaches catechesis, and is very close to her family, and (most importantly) has a ten-year old daughter from her (annulled) marriage, so it’s hard to find time.

I don’t know where this will end (though I have my hopes), but I’m very, very grateful to God. Also, a little bit dizzy. I probably sound crazy. 🙂
 
I’m recovering well enough, I think, just a bit of swelling and tenderness left.

As for our first date…it was fireworks. We had been talking on the phone for the week prior to meeting, and these discussions had quickly become very intense, which was exhilarating, but also concerning. She has taken to me in a big way, and I feel the same about her, but we haven’t yet had the chance to get to know each other, so it feels a little crazy, and I don’t want to lose my footing. We have been praying together, and have agreed to make prayer the center of whatever-we-do going forward.

We were laughing last night about how weird it feels being a ‘grown up’ and dating. Dating doesn’t really seem like the right word. She has a full-time job, and does other work on the side, and teaches catechesis, and is very close to her family, and (most importantly) has a ten-year old daughter from her (annulled) marriage, so it’s hard to find time.

I don’t know where this will end (though I have my hopes), but I’m very, very grateful to God. Also, a little bit dizzy. I probably sound crazy. 🙂
Hello Chip! I am glad that all is going WONDERFULLY well! It looks like you both have a good head on your shoulders, and you are proceeding with care. I trust that all will continue going well, and that you will quickly and fully recover from your operation!!! God bless you both and her little girl!

Heavenly Father, in faith, I thank You for caring for our dear Chip, and for walking with him every step of the way on his journey with You. Thank You Father for giving Chip insight into all things, and for giving him the wisdom in handling them. Thank You Father for carrying him and guiding him. Lord, thank You for bringing a peaceful and blessed life to him. Thank You Lord for Chip’s progress! Also, Lord, thank You for healing Chip quickly from his operation. Amen.
 
Heavenly Father, in faith, I thank You for caring for our dear Chip, and for walking with him every step of the way on his journey with You. Thank You Father for giving Chip insight into all things, and for giving him the wisdom in handling them. Thank You Father for carrying him and guiding him. Lord, thank You for bringing a peaceful and blessed life to him. Thank You Lord for Chip’s progress! Also, Lord, thank You for healing Chip quickly from his operation. Amen.
 
That’s awesome news!!

I’m just seeing your reply now but am thrilled about it either way!
Don’t worry, God’s ways can definitely seem crazy to men. The prayer attitude is the right one and you are right, don’t lose your footing just yet but it does sound promising.

Keep it real! 😉
 
Heavenly Father, in faith, I thank You for caring for our dear Chip, and for walking with him every step of the way on his journey with You. Thank You Father for giving Chip insight into all things, and for giving him the wisdom in handling them. Thank You Father for carrying him and guiding him. Lord, thank You for bringing a peaceful and blessed life to him. Thank You Lord for Chip’s progress! Also, Lord, thank You for healing Chip quickly from his operation. Amen.
 
Heavenly Father, in faith, I thank You for caring for our dear Chip, and for walking with him every step of the way on his journey with You. Thank You Father for giving Chip insight into all things, and for giving him the wisdom in handling them. Thank You Father for carrying him and guiding him. Lord, thank You for bringing a peaceful and blessed life to him. Thank You Lord for Chip’s progress! Also, Lord, thank You for healing Chip quickly from his operation. Amen.
 
Heavenly Father, in faith, I thank You for caring for our dear Chip, and for walking with him every step of the way on his journey with You. Thank You Father for giving Chip insight into all things, and for giving him the wisdom in handling them. Thank You Father for carrying him and guiding him. Lord, thank You for bringing a peaceful and blessed life to him. Thank You Lord for Chip’s progress! Also, Lord, thank You for healing Chip quickly from his operation. Amen.
 
Heavenly Father, in faith, I thank You for caring for our dear Chip, and for walking with him every step of the way on his journey with You. Thank You Father for giving Chip insight into all things, and for giving him the wisdom in handling them. Thank You Father for carrying him and guiding him. Lord, thank You for bringing a peaceful and blessed life to him. Thank You Lord for Chip’s progress! Also, Lord, thank You for healing Chip quickly from his operation. Amen.
 
I am glad that you are going to be in RCIA, and in the meantime, please know that you are in my prayers.
Hail Mary full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus. Holy Mary mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top