Desperate Plea for Help! My husband wants a divorce!

  • Thread starter Thread starter mccartyj
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you. A lot has been going on since I last posted here. I found out that there was another woman. She worked with him at his second job. They are in love and having a relationship. She’s even younger than me and has 2 young kids and just got divorced prior to him filing for a divorce. Her ex is abusive and I think that is part of what drew my husband to her. He wanted to play the knight in shining armor.

Our divorce is on hold though. I qualify for the pro-bono attorney and it could take up to six months so he agreed to put it on hold for the time being. Me and my daughter moved out the second or third week of August right before my school started.

We have been getting along really well for the most part. At the beginning I was still having a lot of emotional problems and guilt tripping him and calling the other woman names and a bunch of horrible stuff. I have since repented, apologized to him and stopped that behavior. I have forgiven him for filing for divorce and for the affair. It was too draining keeping all of that pent up angry inside. I also wrote him a long note apologizing for my part in the failure of our marriage.

We are still intimate at times. That has been hard. I feel like OW has an emotional hold on him so I need to keep that sexual hold. I am 99% sure they are not having sex. I think she is getting frustrated at me being around a lot. I made the mistake of reading his and her texts and she sounds whiny and desperate. I hope she keeps making the mistakes that I used to make and that he wakes up and realizes that this is not what he wants.

I have been working on changes in myself immensely. I have really matured and am becoming more Christ-like everyday. This trial has really caused me to reflect inward and I appreciate that. It’s definitely a struggle though. Somedays I just feel like I can’t keep patient and want this trial to be over now. I know it’s in God’s hands and his timing regardless of the outcome.

Please continue to pray for us, especially for my husband’s affair to end and his heart to come back to God and it to be softened towards our reconciliation.

Jess
I’m not sure if being physical with him is such a good idea. It may cause you more pain in the long run and you may feel used after a while.
 
You’re sleeping with a man who’s sleeping with someone else? Your problems are far from over, you’re in the midst of crisis. He’s using you. You may contract a veneral disease or HPV that causes cervical cancer…not to mention what if you get pregnant.

I can’t tell you what to do, but having sex with man, “husband” or not, who has had/having an affair is asking for more trouble.

Is this how you pictured your married life? Your husband? Would you want your daughter doing the same?
 
Memorare (Prayer to Our Lady)
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen
 
Memorare (Prayer to Our Lady)
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen
Amen. And may peace and tranquility come to her house an among all involved.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top