Devout Catholics: Do you feel its a sin to watch Craig Ferguson?

  • Thread starter Thread starter distracted
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are going to say something IS a sin, then you should be able to back it up.
I can back it up with my own experience… and, as another poster said, sin is objective… something is either sinful or it is not. that is not something for the individual to decide… If something pollutes one river, it will pollute another…
you could be misleading people with uneducated opinion.
You have no idea of my educational level… you just want to insult… Maybe it is because you want to rationalize watching shows that a devout follower of Christ would not tend to watch…
 
, you could be causing people to fear for their souls when there is no reason.
I wish there was more fear of sin in this crazy world…
Grownups can laugh at things without being polluted by them. Let’s face it… sex is an odd activity. It is ripe for humor.
maybe for some people sex is an “odd activity”… for me it is something God created and when in its proper context… is not “odd”… whatever that means…
 
… I am a person who suffers from severe depression and anxiety
is that an excuse?? Just wondering…
I watch Craig Ferguson and I am busting out laughing so hard at some of the things he comes up with that my eyes are almost watering.
Gee… maybe you need to kinda get a life… He isn’t THAT funny… and when he makes jokes about perverted sex… he is REALLY not funny… but disgusting… If that stuff doesn’t cause you a little concern… maybe your relationship with God needs some work… and maybe if you got closer to Him and away from all the human (& demonic) nonsense… you wouldn’t be so depressed…
As someone once said “happinesss is the result of doing the right thing”.
but dont try to make it sound like everyone should stop watching it. Let your conscience be your guide and also know that if others want to watch these two shows, Just know that it is between them and God. No one else.
America has this notion that everyone can just kinda do their own thing and… well, everyone is different… so don’t down anyone for this or that… Don’t like it? just don’t do it…

Well, a previous poster put it best in saying that sin is an objective thing… What is wrong for one person is not right for another just because we are Americans (or whatever other excuse you can come up with).
 
is that an excuse?? Just wondering…
Gee… maybe you need to kinda get a life… He isn’t THAT funny… and when he makes jokes about perverted sex… he is REALLY not funny… but disgusting… If that stuff doesn’t cause you a little concern… maybe your relationship with God needs some work… and maybe if you got closer to Him and away from all the human (& demonic) nonsense… you wouldn’t be so depressed…
As someone once said “happinesss is the result of doing the right thing”.
America has this notion that everyone can just kinda do their own thing and… well, everyone is different… so don’t down anyone for this or that… Don’t like it? just don’t do it…

Well, a previous poster put it best in saying that sin is an objective thing… What is wrong for one person is not right for another just because we are Americans (or whatever other excuse you can come up with).
If you want my doctors phone number I will give it to you and you can call and ask him if I suffer from such a thing. But to me if you want an opinion to something on here, expect to get that. an opinion Dont down others for watching something because we are all different;. Man it would be scarey if we were all the same and had the same likes and dislikes… How is that saying? One mans pain is anothers pleasure. If you dont feel good watching Craig Ferguson or David Letterman… Answer is simple… JUST DONT WATCH EITHER!!! And Remember this… Judge Not Lest Ye Be Judged Yourself!
 
If you want my doctors phone number
i didn’t mean to imply that you were making that up… I believe you have that disorder or whatever u call it… What i meant was, are you using that as an excuse to watch things that a Christian should not watch. Maybe you are not Christian?? But as the OP says, i was addressing my question to devout Catholics…
. But to me if you want an opinion to something on here, expect to get that. an opinion Dont down others for watching something because we are all different;.
i didn’t mean to “down” anyone. If you felt “downed” i apologize… frankly, i am just worried about the condition of your soul. You know, Jesus said that there are few who make it, that the road to eternal life is narrow… I would just like everyone to get to heaven… I try to pray for that every day…
Man it would be scarey if we were all the same and had the same likes and dislikes…
True enough… and i used to very much like C. Ferguson… and without all the trash, i would still like him… But hearing all that stuff about perverted sex is DEPRESSING… and i also suffer from that malady… Depression.
. If you dont feel good watching Craig Ferguson or David Letterman… Answer is simple… JUST DONT WATCH EITHER!!! And Remember this… Judge Not Lest Ye Be Judged Yourself!
I could say the same thing to you: Judge not… I feel you are judging me in saying or implying that i am “judging”…

As stated before, my only concern is that people make it to Heaven… Don’t miss Heaven for the world…
Don’t miss Heaven for the likes of C. Ferguson…
 
I am sorry . I dont mean to be like this. I am on a massive warpath and am filled with great anger now. Maybe answering in forums wouldnt be the best thing till I have this undercontrol.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top