:byzsoc: We will all be praying for you. First, I would go to your priest and tell him in confession what happend. Ask his advice if you should tell your husband.Go to your doctor or call Planned Parenthood.I think they can check to see whether or not you have an STD. I say this in case you are embaressed to see your regular family doctor if you have one. Maybe your ob-gyn doctor can check for you. If you have an STD, then I guess you will need to tell your husband.This was a one night stand, I assume, and it happend when you had to much to drink.Hardly fits in the affair categorery, since an affair is usually something that goes on for a while.
Also , examine the circumstances that led up to this.What is happending in your married life.Is your husband not paying enough emotional attention to you? Does he seem to take you for granted? Does he pay more attention to other women,ie comment on their looks,etc. than he does to you, like telling you your picking up weight,etc?This doesnt’ mean he’s cheating, just that he thinks your not taking care of your appearence like in your courting days(dating days).Men can be mean and cruel sometimes when they compare their wives or girlfriends to other women.Not all men do it, but there are plenty who do. Do you have children? Does he help and spend time with them, or is it left mainly to you to discipline the kids,etc.
Talk to your priest about this. Maybe you all could go to a certified marriage counselor for help or some marriage program put on by the Church . This might help you and he build a better relationship with each other.
Don’t know if you have a drinking problem or not.But if you do,AA has meetings, see if there is a chapter in your area, and i think the meetings are mixed, not just men.I believe they also have a support group that is for families with loved ones who have a drinking problem.Just some advice from an old maid with 3 cats.