Difference in Denominations

• Thread starter Thread starter LovelyLadybug
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I assume the one in the US based on the fact i do live in the US and this quote you refer to-
‘Any agency consisting of a number of congregations or churches voluntarily aligning themselves with it. As a statistical unit in this survey, a ‘denomination’ always refers to one single country. Thus the Roman Catholic Church, although a single organization, is described here as consisting of 236 denominations in the world’s 238 countries.’ "
Peace!!!

There used to be a website called “The God You Like,” or something similar, that had brief explanations of the major denominations. It was a little irreverent and silly at points, but it was a quick reference. I can’t find it at the moment.

I dont and never have used the #s discussed from the article. I use “many” or “a lot”. I just wish someone would stand up and tell us what the number is and put an end to the discussion. Saying “Its wrong” without giving the correct number is beginning to sound childish and petty. I think it is reasonable to expect some sort of number with the solid reasoning behind it so that the old report can be put to rest and officially debunked. Until then it seems reasonable for the number to continue to be perpetuated.

Peace!!!

I repeat. What the number is depends on what the definition is for what you want a number for.

As to the number, pick one. Then prove it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back