Do All Catholics Go to Hell?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Babylon
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Babylon

Guest

I have a very hard time relating to certain religious groups. It is not my business how one defines and practices ones faith…rock on. I just don’t understand how a Catholic, American or not is able to maintain their REALITY while worshiping Satan. If the Bible is the book Christianity is based on, then Catholics are definately NOT Christians, yet they believe that they are???

If people do not understand the message of Christ, that is ok, it can be complex to those who have never read the Bible. If you are a Catholic, and do not read your Bible, then you are not a Christian. But Let’s go deeper into reality. If you DO read your bible, then you absolutely Cannot be a true Catholic. Why? Because the Catholic Religion performs many Rituals that are stated in the Bible by name as Sin, one specifically as an abomination; they are as follows:
  1. Prayer to Mary, the Pope, Saints and anyone NOT named Jesus Christ
  2. The Beloved crusifix (abomination)
  3. Bingo (sorry, it’s funny, but a sin in the lord’s house)
  4. Confession
  5. Calling a priest FATHER
And you know what, obviously not all priests are gay, but before you allow a Catholic give ANY justification for a Gay Priest, remember the Bible calls Homosexuality a Sin (Actually, it is an abomination for man to lie with man. Not Mine, the Lords, do not judge me)

So before we make our children sin any more by repeating the Chant known as the “Hail MARY” 20 times for her sins, maybe we as adults can try to explain to them that The only thing WE know for sure, is that people good or bad, fat or skinner, stupid or smart NEED “Something to hold on to”. Whether it’s feeling superficial about getting a tan, or being the Best “deacon” in a church you do not even understand, it really is simply a psychological FIX for most.
 

I have a very hard time relating to certain religious groups. It is not my business how one defines and practices ones faith…rock on. I just don’t understand how a Catholic, American or not is able to maintain their REALITY while worshiping Satan. If the Bible is the book Christianity is based on, then Catholics are definately NOT Christians, yet they believe that they are???
On that definition, Catholics are not Christians. The organisation that wrote the New Testament cannot be based on it.
 
Please read the following carefully and prayerfully.
  1. catholic.com/library/Praying_to_the_Saints.asp
  2. We honor and adore our Lord and wish to remain always grateful for His sacrifice so we remind ourselves how much we owe our Precious Saviour who alone purchased for us the rewards of eternal life. The crucifix helps us to remember His passion and for us to strive for humility.
  3. If it is sinful, it is NOT funny. Bingo in and of itself is not sinful, but like anything temporal can be used wrongly.
  4. catholic.com/library/Confession.asp
  5. catholic.com/library/Call_No_Man_Father.asp
God bless you. I hope you will see that Christ created the Catholic Church because Christ is the Good Shepherd and would not leave us without guidance, guidance clearly not found in the endless denominations founded by men and led by men. The Catholic church is the Church Peter headed at our Saviour’s explicit and direct request. Heaven would rejoice if you joined Christ’s church formally, but you need to be informed to make that decision. May the Holy Spirit protect you and enlighten you and give you the courage to accept the Truth.
 
I was acutally going to respond in depth until i realized this was the posters first post…I don’t think i am allowed to use the T word yet… but basically calling us satan worshipers starts to put the poster in that catergory…

Babylon
I would suggest you actaully learn the history of the early christians and the where/why/how the bible was constructed. There is site called catholic.com. Search it because most of your questions should be answered. When you can come back and ask a question and not insult us catholics then we can converse.

I think we should all leave this thread until the OP studies a little a bit about the faith.
 
My friend!

God bless you. 🙂

I would like you to stay around here so that you can convey your conerns to us, but please try to be careful in your choice of words so you do not get banned. Ask questions, attack ideas, condemn ideas, but do not comndemn people and you will be ok.

I would simply say to you that Catholics do read their Bibles and have very good Biblical reasons for believing and practicing the things we do. We’d be more than happy to discuss these objections with you.

I would also encourage you to make sure you know what Catholics really believe. Remember, the Bible tells us we will be judged by every idle word - so take every effort to make sure your words are based on true understandings of our beliefs, and that you are not criticizing things that are not true.

I think you’ll find that we agree with you on many things that are bad, like Mary worship, which we condemn.

I would encourage you to ask and to pay attention to the other links that have been posted, but I would merely add this to what has already been said:

The Catholic Church is very cautious about ordaining homosexual persons, and only does so when it is believed with good reason that they do not practice. The Episcopal church is the one known for ordaining openly homosexual individuals. Remember St. Paul’s list in 1 Corinthians 6:
9Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
10Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
He lists homosexuals, but he also lists adulterers and thieves. Clearly, he does not mean people who only have temptations to do these things, but those that actually do them. Otherwise, we’d all be condemned, since we all have some temptation or desire to steal or commit adultery or the like. It’s the action - not the desire.
 
Babylon…

Greetings and Welcome to the Forums… I hope you are not just a one post wonder and will stick around… You will learn a great deal…

Without going into much detail, I would like say I am sorry that you have been taught so many misunderstandings of the catholic church. When you look at what the Church actually teaches, and not what someone has unfortunately told you, even if you don’t like the WAY we worship, you will see that there is noting anti-Christian about what we do. We have a Head Pastor, as I am sure your church does, We just call him Pope. We Believe our church is guided by the Holy Spirit, just as you believe yours is I’m sure. We ask our Brothers and Sisters in Christ to Pray FOR us. Just as I am sure you do. We simply believe the saints in heaven can hear us as they are part of the body of Christ and Like the Angels. We believe the Bible is inspired by God and read it as often as we can, as do you…

First an For most. We worship Christ and Christ alone… As do you…

If we worshiped Saints over God… yes we would be wrong. By the way, did you know that the Catholic church can and will Excommunicate anyone caught Worshiping Mary?

Anyway, I hope you stick around. I really do. All I ask is that you listen to what Our church actually teaches, and not what you either 1) see from its weakest members, or 2) not what you THINK we teach. often times they are completely different.

May you be blessed

In Christ
 
Oh my.

I’d say I smell bait and leave it at that, but I know there are those who simply believe what they want to about the Church instead of trying to learn the truth. I think you’d be relieved, if not surprised…and potentially drawn to the faith…if you took a few moments to study the truth. But most folks who possess the warped and downright insulting characterizations of the Church you list in your post feel threatened by the mere thought of reading something Cathlolic…truly Catholic, not some twisted, nonsensical statement of nonexistant dogma or…as is the case with your reference to confession and the priesthood… a completely blind eye to scripture.

Please take a stop by www.catholic.com and the tracts you will find along the left side of the home page. They will answer what are not just misconceptions (if not downright misrepresentations) of what it is to be Christian, but also point you in the direction of the Truth.

If nothing else, you picked an appropriate name…

God Bless.

G.
 
Challenge to Babylon: Try to come up with an original objection to the Catholic Church. All the ones you mentioned have been answered countless times before on this and other Catholic sites.
 
Babylon,

Those that have posted so far have offered charitable and sage advice. Let me be the first to answer one of your accusations.

Call no man Father (per Matthew 23)

Jesus actually said call no man Father, Teacher, or Master.

In Jesus time there were Jewish sects. Among these were the Pharisees, Saducees, Essenes, and Zealots

These sects had houses of teaching within them .

Within the Pharisees there were two famous rival houses.
They were the House of Shammai(Beit Shammai) and the House of Hillel (founder of the Beit Hillel school). The individuals that these houses were named after were considered the “father” of the house.

Jesus warns the apostles not to be fathers to “separate” houses for there is but one house of the Lord. Jesus also says to call no man “teacher” or “master.”

–side note:
Paul was taught by Gamaliel[Acts22:3], a pharisee from the house of Hillel. Gamaliel was, in fact, the grandson of Hillel. Gamaliel was known as an elder and had the title of “Rabban” which means “Our Master.” This title explains why Jesus also said call no one “master”, for there is but one house and one master of all.

Again, Jesus wanted unity see John 17], and does not want the apostles to set up separate houses or schools of thought. The corollary of this is clearly expressed in Paul’s complaint in 1 Cor 1:10-15 where some are arguing their superiority by being baptized by, and belonging to, Paul vs. Apollos, or Cephas, etc. Paul goes on elsewhere to further warn against factions and divisions, and stresses the importance of one mind and unity of doctrine.

The meaning of “call no man father, teacher, or master” concerns unity and consistency of doctrine and has nothing to do with the commonly used references that are seen elsewhere in scripture or everyday use. In scripture we have numerous examples of the use of the terms “father” and “teacher” that deny your understanding and application against Catholics.

Examples of these are:

Acts 7:2 And Stephen replied: "Brothers and fathers, listen to me.

Rom 4:16 Abraham is the father of us all

1Cor 4:15 I [Paul] became your father through the Gospel.

Phm 1:10 Paul refers to himself as spiritual father to Onesimus.

Rom 12:6-7 teachers 1Tim 2:7 Paul calls himself a teacher

These are but a few of the usages in scripture that deny your view.

I hope this helps.
 
There are some very simple tests in scripture to tell if someone is truly Christian. Do they confess Jesus Christ as their crucified, resurrected Lord, both God and Man? On these grounds it is undeniable to a student of Scripture that Catholicism is Christianity.
 
As a convert to catholicism (I was studying to be a PASTOR) the bible just doesn’ t make sense outside that catholic faith! I found that as I studied scripture more and more, doing language studies, and historical studies, the catholic church made more sense. I notice time and time again protestants pick and choose which verses to teach. I have NEVER heard a sermon based on John 22-23, and when I asked questions about it, I never got an answer. Not only that, but I had one person jump down my throat about it (before I was even catholic) and I knew then it was time to seek out someone who WASN’T offended by scripture. I have also never heard anyone explain a decent justification for the removal of several books from the OT. I also recieved similar reactions when I asked about John 53-66. After all, if it was just sybolic, why didn’t Jesus explain like he did all his other parables that caused scandal with his followers? I also asked why Mary had to ask how she would get pregnant. She was an engaged woman, and every engaged woman would natually assume it would be her fiancee when they are married. Not only did no one answe my question, but I had some people tell me I didn’t need to worry about such meaningless things.

The truth is, as a protestant I left because my church was NOT reading scipture. At least not all of it, so I sought out a church that did. All scripture really is equal, and we must read and know ALL of it. THAT is why I am catholic.
 
My background is Pentecostalism, which is very scripture-based. There is very little difference between Pentecostalism and Catholicism on the things that matter (IMO), therefore if Catholics were going to hell, so would every other Christian.
 
I’ve been to Hell, MI, does that count? 😃
(sorry, couldn’t resist!)
Jennifer
 
All other accusation of yours without understanding much about Catholic has been answered hundred of times on this board.

So let me answer you your question “do all catholcis go to hell?”

Of course not! I can name you one person.

it is St. Peter - uh huh. He is Catholic! 😉

Is that enough?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top