K
KMG
Guest
A Catholic cannot refuse in principle to pray to Mary.
You keep insisting that, but reasonable Catholics can disagree on this… You are free to pray to Mary. Some Catholics ask Mary to pray to God with them or for them; not to her. I grant your right to pray as you please… I’m having a hard time understanding why you won’t grant that there is diversity in how people pray… I mean, goodness, some people are doing what we literally say in the Mass and you are calling that illegitimate.A Catholic cannot refuse in principle to pray to Mary.
Well you’ve insisted that Catholics have to pray to Mary and do not allow for Catholics to ask Mary to pray for them or to pray to God with her. You are insisting something that not even the Mass calls for… Catholicism by KMG in other words… The Church has many devotions and prayers available and recommends them to the faithful… but does not insist on them.Didn’t say anything was illegitimate. Said a Catholic cannot refuse prayer to Mary IN PRINCIPLE. Because such a refusal would reveal a problem with said Catholic’s belief in certain major Catholic teachings.
Good… thank-you! Sounds like you are in agreement with the understanding I presented, but use the word ‘to’ to mean with or ‘to God on your behalf’“Asking Mary to pray with or for you” is what “praying to Mary”
Like what? I’ve gone through the Order of the Mass a few times, and have only found what I mentioned previously -asking Mary to pray with us to God and invoking her memory along with Joseph and other saints. What are the other examples?Not every prayer to Mary in the liturgy is asking her to intercede with God.
You’re incorrigible!! And passionate…You refuse to read closely what I have posted repeatedly. The Mass is not the extent of the liturgy. The Office is also the liturgy