G
godisgood77
Guest
What are those prayers? I haven’t been able to find them…Again, the liturgy has prayers that are addressed directly to Mary, for example
What are those prayers? I haven’t been able to find them…Again, the liturgy has prayers that are addressed directly to Mary, for example
There is one discussed earlier in this thread. If the priest chooses to use the Confiteor, it contains specific invocation to “blessed Mary, ever virgin”. I said it along with the congregation at Mass yesterday.What are those prayers? I haven’t been able to find them…
Here we ask Mary (along with the other saints, angels and each other) to pray for us to God… you are right! It is perfectly cleartherefore I ask blessed Mary ever-Virgin, all the Angels and Saints,
and you, my brothers and sisters,
to pray for me to the Lord our God.
The Confiteor has the faithful asking Mary, the rest of the saints, the angels, and each other to pray of us. - therefore I ask blessed Mary ever-Virgin,In terms of the Mass there is the confeteoir, the Communion of Saints is mentioned during the creed and the Eucharistic prayer and the priest may offer a prayer to Mary after the prayers of the faithful or Holy Communion. The LOTH rnds compline with a Marian hymn and loads of other references on Marian feast days.
That is the prayer to Mary.The Confiteor has the faithful asking Mary, the rest of the saints, the angels, and each other to pray of us. - therefore I ask blessed Mary ever-Virgin,
all the Angels and Saints,
and you, my brothers and sisters,
to pray for me to the Lord our God.
Agreed… not rocket science… that’s why this conversation is so strange.It’s not rocket science.