A
avonlise
Guest
But a simple observation: If you had been married for any length of time, you would have known that sex “only” on Tuesdays and Thursdays would result in very lucky men.
CC
But a simple observation: If you had been married for any length of time, you would have known that sex “only” on Tuesdays and Thursdays would result in very lucky men.
CC
Well, the OP said he is 21 years old, so from his perspective a married couple being intimate every night isn’t so far-fetched. Darn, now I wish I’d gotten married at 21.:doh2: But I am cracking up at the “Friday abstinence” misunderstanding. It’s abstinence from meat, not abstinence from sex.I’m merely a lurker here, mostly. And I don’t know that sexual restrictions were quite that stringent.
But a simple observation: If you had been married for any length of time, you would have known that sex “only” on Tuesdays and Thursdays would result in very lucky men.
If you rely on constant sex within marriage to avoid “burning with lust” then you will be a very lustful, disappointed man.
CC
Right, Catholics have all kinds of sexual inhibitions. That’s how we get so many kids.Why is it that biblical christianity has no problem with martial love but the catholic church does …
Well, you know what they say.Right, Catholics have all kinds of sexual inhibitions. That’s how we get so many kids.
By the way, Biblical Christianity is Catholicism, thanks.
Hi, I know Jesus very well. I try to be with him all day long. My brother, you are very misinformed about Catholics, and i pray that you at least read up and pray to God for light. Your pride is blinding you.Hello I’m Alexander (edited personal information) and I’m 21 years old. I’m new to Forums and I would like to talk and share Christ Jesus with anyone that would like to hear His Word. I’m a “Christian” a believer in Christ, faccording to God’s word. I’m not hear to argure but state facts. I not here to say what is "right and what is “wrong”. I’m here to pray for the catholics in hope that they will see the Christ as He is.![]()
Dude, that’s funny!Well, you know what they say.
If in the first year of marriage you put a penny in a cup for every time you have sex, and *then *every year after that you take a penny *out *of the cup every time you have sex, by the time you die you’ll still have enough change to buy a Coke.
Well, that’s what the old guys tell me…![]()
One thing we can say about JehuandGod is that he is “well read”.Hi, I know Jesus very well. I try to be with him all day long. My brother, you are very misinformed about Catholics, and** i pray that you at least read up **and pray to God for light. Your pride is blinding you.
-revelations
Abstaining from marital relaitons on Fridays MAY at one time have been a pious discipline (either mandated [probably locally] or assumed privately) to abstain from marital relations on Fridays, for the obvious reasons. Ditto for Sunday, although I have never heard of that. How would abstaining from marital relations two days a week constitute “oppression?”Most of this has been pretty much over my head, but could we go back to the no sex on Friday and Sunday?
I’ve been Catholic since the day I was born, Catholic education through college, married in the Catholic Church.
I’ve never heard anything like this at all. Is there any basis for these statements or is it just whistling Dixie?
I belong to a Catholic Association of the Faithful whose members voluntarily “abstain” on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays – from meat.Well, the OP said he is 21 years old, so from his perspective a married couple being intimate every night isn’t so far-fetched. Darn, now I wish I’d gotten married at 21.:doh2: But I am cracking up at the “Friday abstinence” misunderstanding. It’s abstinence from meat, not abstinence from sex.
There are not many anti-Catholics in the world. It is wonderful how loved the Holy Catholic Church is. We all love Christ that is what matters. It does not matter what we believe as long as we all believe in Christ. What world are you living in? Oh, California.Why is everyone getting all stressed out with long drawn out posts? I’m not sure what certain Catholics would do with their time if they didn’t have anti-Catholics out there around every corner ( I don’t believe there are as many anti-Catholics as some say there are).For heavens sake. We all love the same God, same Son and the same Holy Spirit. I never really understood the whole saved thing anyway, how does that work? Do you say I accept Jesus as my Lord and savior?
I sometimes wonder what our Lord thinks of us little people down here on computers making such a stink![]()
Another example of how youth is wasted on the youngWell, the OP said he is 21 years old, so from his perspective a married couple being intimate every night isn’t so far-fetched. Darn, now I wish I’d gotten married at 21.:doh2: But I am cracking up at the “Friday abstinence” misunderstanding. It’s abstinence from meat, not abstinence from sex.
But down your sword my friend, a light heart lives longerThere are not many anti-Catholics in the world. It is wonderful how loved the Holy Catholic Church is. We all love Christ that is what matters. It does not matter what we believe as long as we all believe in Christ. What world are you living in? Oh, California.![]()
![]()
![]()
Matthew 10: 34 “Do not think that I came to send peace upon earth: I came not to send peace, but the sword.”“Jesus said to him, put your sword back in it’s place, for all those who take up the sword perish by the sword”![]()
Ooooo! are you challenging me to a quote war?Matthew 10: 34 “Do not think that I came to send peace upon earth: I came not to send peace, but the sword.”
Luke 22: 36 “But they said: Nothing. Then said he unto them: But now he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise a scrip; and he that hath not, let him sell his coat, and buy a sword.”![]()
The literal translation is “sons of God”.Ooooo! are you challenging me to a quote war?I bet we could go on like this all day.
“Blessed are the peace makers. They will be called Gods children.”
In other words you believe total Fundamentalist propaganda- why should we listen to this nonsense ??? We’ve heard it all beforeYour ignorance of Catholicism is only surpassed by your misreading of your bible.You talk about catholics and ‘man made laws’. what about your interpretation of scripture- whose version? What principles guide you(let me take a wild guess what your gonna say"the holy spirit"! Right?You’ve learned every backward bigoted thing that has been said for a heck of a long time.So I’m not surprised that tripe is all you can muster up… Your lack of knowledge is frightening.Learn from the prophets"My people perish for lack of knowledge" come into the light and throw those Chick magazines and the Boettner books out. Maranatha!!I would first like to state that the bible translation in which I read is King James, also, the work we do as christians is produced by our faith.I’ve shared that verse. The catecism is not valid doctrine. It’s the same doctrine in which the pope adds too. God said do not add to His word.
I have nothing to do with the reformation, I can care less. I don’t believe that Mary is devine. She cried out for a saviour. I would never call any man father except for who is in Heaven, Jesus mentioned this in His Word. Praying to the dead is a sin. Worshiping a graven image is a sin. Changing the commandments, which I’ll explian later, is a sin. Israel is God’s time clock. Just read Daniel, Revelation. The Church is not Peter, Christ is the Shephard of the church. Pergatory is not in the bible, the apacratha is not valid doctrine. Everything Catholics hold to is tradition. Prove me wrong.
The literal translation is “sons of God”.
James