Do Catholics know the real Jesus?

  • Thread starter Thread starter JehuandGod
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello I’m Alexander (edited personal information) and I’m 21 years old. I’m new to Forums and I would like to talk and share Christ Jesus with anyone that would like to hear His Word. I’m a “Christian” a believer in Christ, faccording to God’s word. I’m not hear to argure but state facts. I not here to say what is "right and what is “wrong”. I’m here to pray for the catholics in hope that they will see the Christ as He is.🙂
I am a Catholic – a convert from Protestantism – and I, too, pray that all Catholics (and all other Christians) will “see the Christ as He is.” For as St. John says in his First Epistle, although “we are God’s children now it does not yet appear what we shall be, but we know that when he appears we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is.”

Until then, we have the grace of “seeing Him as He is” in the humility of His Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity in the Sacrament of the Eucharist. I encourage you to explore the very great graces given to ordinary people who accept Him in this great Sacrament, on His terms, in HIS Church.
 
Hello,

As a Catholic, I do know Jesus, I am lucky enough to receive at least once a week at the Holy Mass, Body, Blood and Soul just as He promised all of us Christians, in John 6.

I also get to be in His Church and follow all of His commandments just as He intended when He started His ONE holy Church 2000 years ago and which only exist in the CC.

Welcome to the Forum and I know that if you stick around and learn you will see that Catholics are Christian and are VERY close to our Lord Jesus.
Welcome to the Catholic Answers Forum

Perhaps when you return today, you will tell us which of the Protestant churches you belong to. Your bio did not say.

Also, knowing that Jesus founded only ONE Church, and that was 2000 years ago,

and knowing that none of the protestant churches began until the 16th century,

and knowing that each of them was started by a man (or woman)

how can YOU expect to know the real Jesus if your began your quest by walking away from Him?
Exactly.
 
Hello people,
I see all the comments, First off lets come off to a good start, I’m not a protestant, I’m not a Calvanist, I am a bible beliving Christian they way the church is called in Acts 2. Let me ask a few questions:
First off, Do you believe that Gods Word is truth and holds authority over the world and mankind (John 17:17)?. If you do, praise God, another Question: is Do you believe that people even the elect will be decieved?(Matt 24:24) If you believe in these things in which Jesus Christ mentions then were off to a good start. I’m not here to argue, everything that will be mentioned will be mentioned with righteous judgement(God" word)(Matt 7:17)

Do you believe your a good person? You stated that you keep all commandments. What commandments do you keep? If it’s the 10 commandments, Paul states in Galatians 2:16 “knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law but by faith in Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we might be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law; for by the works of the law no flesh shall be justified.”
You see it’s not us who can keep the law, we as man failed to keep the law so Christ came and died, so that now having faith in Christ’s righteousness, we put on that righteousness. There’s nothing that you can do apart from God(Romans 4:6)it is Christ who strenthens us. By having faith good deeds will come. There’s not list that we have to follow. You see if you truly believe that Christ is everything, and you do not want to disobey God, then it’s the love and faith that you have by His spirit which drives you to produce good works.
Are you trying to hard to do good, keeping all the sacraments? Do you keep the 7 sacraments? And Lucy have you truly “repented” and believed in the Gospel of Christ, to forsake all efforts to save yourself from the sacrements(which isn’t a law in the bible)good works, indulgences. To believe in the Gospel is to believe that Christ paid it all at the cross. Hebrews 10 states:y that will we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.
Hbr 10:11
And every priest stands ministering daily and offering repeatedly the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins.
Hbr 10:12
But this Man, after He had offered one sacrifice for sins forever, sat down at the right hand of God,
Hbr 10:13
from that time waiting till His enemies are made His footstool.
Hbr 10:14
For by one offering He has perfected forever those who are being sanctified.
Hbr 10:18
Now where there is remission of these, there is no longer an offering for sin.
Which comes to the last question: Do you believe Jesus paid it all at the cross? And if you do, then is there a need for transubstantiation? If Christ paid it all on the cross, why must we continue to sacrifice our saviour in a waffer. That some how God Himself physically becomes that waffer when the priest says “bread”. It is true, Jesus is the bread of life, He states "“Whoever eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.” John 6:54 but then Jesus also states:
“And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have everlasting life; and I will raise him up at the last day.” John 6:40. Now is this a contradiction? Or what is He really trying to say?
“The flesh profits nothing” John 6:63
These are just a few things that I’ve mentioned, I have the Catecism and the apacratha. We also can soeak about cannon of scripture if you wish, or even Mary.
I care for everyone here and I just want you to know the truth.
 
Hello people,
I see all the comments, First off lets come off to a good start, I’m not a protestant, I’m not a Calvanist, I am a bible beliving Christian they way the church is called in Acts 2. Let me ask a few questions:.
Perhaps before we can start we need to ask you a couple questions. You say you’re a Bible believing Christian. Which version of the Bible, and which translation? And whose interpretation are we going to rely on when discussing what the Bible says?
 
Can you please name a couple of things about the Catholic faith that you do not agree with?
Thanks
Hello people,
I see all the comments, First off lets come off to a good start, I’m not a protestant, I’m not a Calvanist, I am a bible beliving Christian they way the church is called in Acts 2. Let me ask a few questions:
First off, Do you believe that Gods Word is truth and holds authority over the world and mankind (John 17:17)?. If you do, praise God, another Question: is Do you believe that people even the elect will be decieved?(Matt 24:24) If you believe in these things in which Jesus Christ mentions then were off to a good start. I’m not here to argue, everything that will be mentioned will be mentioned with righteous judgement(God" word)(Matt 7:17)

Do you believe your a good person? You stated that you keep all commandments. What commandments do you keep? If it’s the 10 commandments, Paul states in Galatians 2:16 “knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law but by faith in Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we might be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law; for by the works of the law no flesh shall be justified.”
You see it’s not us who can keep the law, we as man failed to keep the law so Christ came and died, so that now having faith in Christ’s righteousness, we put on that righteousness. There’s nothing that you can do apart from God(Romans 4:6)it is Christ who strenthens us. By having faith good deeds will come. There’s not list that we have to follow. You see if you truly believe that Christ is everything, and you do not want to disobey God, then it’s the love and faith that you have by His spirit which drives you to produce good works.
Are you trying to hard to do good, keeping all the sacraments? Do you keep the 7 sacraments? And Lucy have you truly “repented” and believed in the Gospel of Christ, to forsake all efforts to save yourself from the sacrements(which isn’t a law in the bible)good works, indulgences. To believe in the Gospel is to believe that Christ paid it all at the cross. Hebrews 10 states:y that will we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.
Hbr 10:11
And every priest stands ministering daily and offering repeatedly the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins.
Hbr 10:12
But this Man, after He had offered one sacrifice for sins forever, sat down at the right hand of God,
Hbr 10:13
from that time waiting till His enemies are made His footstool.
Hbr 10:14
For by one offering He has perfected forever those who are being sanctified.
Hbr 10:18
Now where there is remission of these, there is no longer an offering for sin.
Which comes to the last question: Do you believe Jesus paid it all at the cross? And if you do, then is there a need for transubstantiation? If Christ paid it all on the cross, why must we continue to sacrifice our saviour in a waffer. That some how God Himself physically becomes that waffer when the priest says “bread”. It is true, Jesus is the bread of life, He states "“Whoever eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.” John 6:54 but then Jesus also states:
“And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have everlasting life; and I will raise him up at the last day.” John 6:40. Now is this a contradiction? Or what is He really trying to say?
“The flesh profits nothing” John 6:63
These are just a few things that I’ve mentioned, I have the Catecism and the apacratha. We also can soeak about cannon of scripture if you wish, or even Mary.
I care for everyone here and I just want you to know the truth.
 
I care for everyone here and I just want you to know the truth.
Hi Alexander, just one question. 🙂

Can you show me where in the Bible it says that you are the only one authorized by Jesus to interpret and speak the Truth?

Thanks!
 
Hello people,
I see all the comments, First off lets come off to a good start, I’m not a protestant, I’m not a Calvanist, I am a bible beliving Christian they way the church is called in Acts 2. Let me ask a few questions:

First off, Do you believe that Gods Word is truth and holds authority over the world and mankind (John 17:17)?. If you do, praise God, another Question: is Do you believe that people even the elect will be decieved?(Matt 24:24) If you believe in these things in which Jesus Christ mentions then were off to a good start. I’m not here to argue, everything that will be mentioned will be mentioned with righteous judgement(God" word)(Matt 7:17)
We believe that the Word of God is true. We don’t believe the Word of God to confined in a Book. Since Christianity is not the religion of the Book.

Christianity is the religion of the Word of God, incarnate. The Word made flesh, whom we know to be Jesus Christ. Through the fullness of time, the he took on our nature. He is True God, and True Man, the Second Person of the Trinity.

The Catechism of the Catholic Church states this very clearly:

**108 Still, the Christian faith is not a “religion of the book.” Christianity is the religion of the “Word” of God, a word which is “not a written and mute word, but the Word which is incarnate and living”.73 If the Scriptures are not to remain a dead letter, Christ, the eternal Word of the living God, must, through the Holy Spirit, "open [our] minds to understand the Scriptures."74 **

The elect can be deceived if they are taught something completely different from orthodox Christianity. I know for certain that the Catholic Church contains the fullness of truth because God revealed his truth to the Church. He established one Church. Indeed, I have heard some religious instructors taught contrary to what the Gospel and the Church teaches. These erroneous teachings need to be corrected.

I also like to add that since you a Bible Believing Christian, probably a fundamentalists, you disagree with many of the Catholic Church teachings. You believe explicitly that everything you need as a Christian has to be in the Bible. If it isn’t, it is not true and cannot be counted as part of Divine Revelation.

You are a Protestant Christian. Since you aren’t a Catholic Christian, nor an Eastern Orthodox Christian. The marks of a Protestants can be made clear when he believes in Bible Alone and Faith Alone. These two doctrines stem out of the Protestant Reformation. A man-tradition founded upon Martin Luther and other Reformers.
 
. . .
I care for everyone here and I just want you to know the truth.
Thank you for wanting us to know that which we already have. I hope your time here - if it is not too brief - will help you see what you are lacking in your understanding of Catholicism (as witnessed by your posts). The questions or objections you raise have been raised here before and answered throroughly; I hope you will take some time to look at the particular topics of interest to you through a search of the Catholic Answers documents, both in its library and THIS ROCK magazine, both linked above.

You first asked if we know Jesus Christ. Yes, we have recognized Him in the breaking of the bread. We know Him in the joy that flows from encountering Him in the Eucharist and in the depths of our hearts and minds which seek to be conformed more fully to the Image of Himself which He has planted within us through our Baptism into His death and resurrection. We know Him as our Savior, Our Lord, and Our Brother, for we have been adopted into His Divine Family and participate in that Divine Communion by His grace and merits.

We know Him in the love that flows from others who bear His Image within them. We know Him in His charity in which He permits us to share when we clothe the naked, feed the hungry, heal the lame, visit those imprisoned, in all the acts of charity large and small that arise in His One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church from its union with Him. We pray you, too, will come to know Him in full communion with His Body, His Bride, His Church.
 
Do you believe your a good person? You stated that you keep all commandments. What commandments do you keep? If it’s the 10 commandments, Paul states in Galatians 2:16 “knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law but by faith in Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we might be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law; for by the works of the law no flesh shall be justified.”

A good person is a righteous man who love God, and if you truly love God, you ought to obey the commandments. You can’t obey the commandments without loving God first. Jesus made this very clear.

Luke 10:25

And behold a lawyer stood up to put him to the test, saying, “Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?” He said to him. "What is written in the law? What do you read there? And he answered, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind, and your neighbor as yourself.” And he said to him. “You have answered right; do this and you will live.”
 
You see it’s not us who can keep the law, we as man failed to keep the law so Christ came and died, so that now having faith in Christ’s righteousness, we put on that righteousness. There’s nothing that you can do apart from God(Romans 4:6)it is Christ who strenthens us. By having faith good deeds will come. There’s not list that we have to follow. You see if you truly believe that Christ is everything, and you do not want to disobey God, then it’s the love and faith that you have by His spirit which drives you to produce good works.
We believe what Jesus taught. We believe he established only One Church and it’s the Catholic Church. The Catholic Church is the more perfect Christian Church because with it, we received grace whom God allow his grace to flow through his sacraments. You can’t separate the Church and Jesus Christ. For the Church is the Bride of Christ, and the Church is also the Mystical Body of Christ. Jesus is the head, and we are members of His Body, the Church.
Are you trying to hard to do good, keeping all the sacraments?
We keep the Sacraments because Jesus Christ established the Seven Sacraments. It is not man-made. It is God-Man made.
Do you keep the 7 sacraments? And Lucy have you truly “repented” and believed in the Gospel of Christ, to forsake all efforts to save yourself from the sacrements(which isn’t a law in the bible)good works, indulgences. To believe in the Gospel is to believe that Christ paid it all at the cross. Hebrews 10 states:y that will we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.
We believe Jesus Christ paid for our sins. Yet, in our fallen nature, we can fall from grace and required other means to restore our union with God and His Church. We received God’s forgiveness in the Sacrament of Reconcilation. It is not the priest who forgives but rather God who forgives and he uses the priest as an instructment.
 
Paul states in Galatians 2:16 “knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law but by faith in Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we might be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law; for by the works of the law no flesh shall be justified.”
You see it’s not us who can keep the law, we as man failed to keep the law so Christ came and died, so that now having faith in Christ’s righteousness, we put on that righteousness. There’s nothing that you can do apart from God(Romans 4:6)it is Christ who strenthens us. By having faith good deeds will come. There’s not list that we have to follow. You see if you truly believe that Christ is everything, and you do not want to disobey God, then it’s the love and faith that you have by His spirit which drives you to produce good works.
Basically true and in agreement with Catholic teaching, although, you do seem to confuse “works of the Law” with “works” of Christian charity which are entirely separate subjects. Paul, in his writings, refers to works “of the Law”, those things required to be a Jew. He is NOT referring to works Jesus calls us to do, I refer to these works as works of Christian charity. They are not even related. This is a fatal error most of the reformers, Calvin included, failed to grasp.
 
Which comes to the last question: Do you believe Jesus paid it all at the cross?
We do. Believe Jesus paid for it all, that is why we need Jesus’ Church because he left his Church.
And if you do, then is there a need for transubstantiation? If Christ paid it all on the cross, why must we continue to sacrifice our saviour in a waffer. That some how God Himself physically becomes that waffer when the priest says “bread”. It is true, Jesus is the bread of life, He states "“Whoever eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.” John 6:54 but then
The sacrifice is once and for all. The sacrifice of the Mass is not a resacrificed as you assumed. That is erroneous Catholic belief. The Sacrifice of the Mass makes the sacrifice of the cross present amongst us. This sacrifice is unbloody and it also a fullfillment of the Malachi 1:11:

"From the rising of the sun to its setting my name is great among the nations, and in every place incense is offered to my name, a pure offering; for my name is great among the nations, says the Lord of hosts.
 
If we are going to discuss verses from John 6, we should address the entire chapter.

First, Jesus feeds the large crowd (5,000 men, which could be as many as 10,000 - 15,000 including the women and children). Then the people respond “This is truly the Prophet, the one who is to come into the world.” Then Jesus flees from the crowds because he knows of their intent to make him an earthly king, which is not his mission. Eventually the crowds catch up to him in Capernaum:
John 6:30-66:
30
So they said to him, “What sign can you do, that we may see and believe in you? What can you do?
31
Our ancestors ate manna in the desert, as it is written: ‘He gave them bread from heaven to eat.’”
32
So Jesus said to them, “Amen, amen, I say to you, it was not Moses who gave the bread from heaven; my Father gives you the true bread from heaven.
33
For the bread of God is that which comes down from heaven and gives life to the world.”
34
So they said to him, “Sir, give us this bread always.”
35
Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me will never hunger, and whoever believes in me will never thirst.
36
But I told you that although you have seen (me), you do not believe.
37
Everything that the Father gives me will come to me, and I will not reject anyone who comes to me,
38
because I came down from heaven not to do my own will but the will of the one who sent me.
39
And this is the will of the one who sent me, that I should not lose anything of what he gave me, but that I should raise it (on) the last day.
40
For this is the will of my Father, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in him may have eternal life, and I shall raise him (on) the last day.”
41
The Jews murmured about him because he said, “I am the bread that came down from heaven,”
42
and they said, “Is this not Jesus, the son of Joseph? Do we not know his father and mother? Then how can he say, ‘I have come down from heaven’?”
43
Jesus answered and said to them, “Stop murmuring among yourselves.
44
No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draw him, and I will raise him on the last day.
45
It is written in the prophets: ‘They shall all be taught by God.’ Everyone who listens to my Father and learns from him comes to me.
46
Not that anyone has seen the Father except the one who is from God; he has seen the Father.
47
Amen, amen, I say to you, whoever believes has eternal life.
48
I am the bread of life.
49
Your ancestors ate the manna in the desert, but they died;
50
this is the bread that comes down from heaven so that one may eat it and not die.
51
I am the living bread that came down from heaven; whoever eats this bread will live forever; and the bread that I will give is my flesh for the life of the world.”
52
The Jews quarreled among themselves, saying, “How can this man give us (his) flesh to eat?”
53
Jesus said to them, “Amen, amen, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you do not have life within you.
54
Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him on the last day.
55
***For my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink. ***
56
Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me and I in him.
57
Just as the living Father sent me and I have life because of the Father, so also the one who feeds on me will have life because of me.
58
This is the bread that came down from heaven. Unlike your ancestors who ate and still died, whoever eats this bread will live forever.”
59
These things he said while teaching in the synagogue in Capernaum.
60
Then many of his disciples who were listening said, “This saying is hard; who can accept it?”
61
Since Jesus knew that his disciples were murmuring about this, he said to them, “Does this shock you?
62
What if you were to see the Son of Man ascending to where he was before?
63
It is the spirit that gives life, while the flesh is of no avail. The words I have spoken to you are spirit and life.
64
But there are some of you who do not believe.” Jesus knew from the beginning the ones who would not believe and the one who would betray him.
65
And he said, “For this reason I have told you that no one can come to me unless it is granted him by my Father.”
66
As a result of this, many (of) his disciples returned to their former way of life and no longer accompanied him.
So, Jesus shows his disciples an incredible sign with the miracle of the loaves and fish. Then, they continue to follow Him across the sea after He had fleed them. Now, because Jesus throws a hard teaching at them, saying that we must eat His flesh and drink His blood, they no longer follow Him. The same crowd who was fed by a miracle a day prior is now in disbelief?!

Your verses are out of context. It is ***our flesh ***that is of no avail.
 
Welcome, and to you in Christ…

For starters, I would like to say i applaud your love for the lord and desire to share it. It does seem to me (and forgive me if I am mistaken) that you believe that Faithful Catholics are either not Christian, or extremely flawed Christians. If this is the case, I simply ask that for any area you have issue with, that you respectfully search the Catholic Answer Library. From here, you can see what Catholics actually believe on issues such as Salvation, Purgatory, Rapture, Mary, Etc. There are countless good, and easy reads.

Even if you do not agree with what the Catholic Church teaches, it is important to at least understand. I can assure you that your arguments will receive greater weight if you at least take some time to see what we believe first.

Why do I say this?

Many many non-catholics have been taught things about the Catholic church that are blatantly false. Some say we worship a cracker, others are more subtle and say we earn our way into heaven by our works. Both of which are false. This is why I say take the time to see what Catholics believe from Catholics.

On a second note. What is your Faith tradition. You sound much like someone that follows “The Way of the Master”. When asked though you say you are “Just a Christian”.

Unfortunately, saying you are “Just a Christian following the bible” means nothing. A Lutheran that says this will means something completely different than say a SDA. You may have a Methodist way of looking at scripture, or a Jehovah’s Witness mentality. Point is, all of these claim to be “Just Christians” But since they differ so much, using only that ends up a useless definition because it CAN mean so many different things.

If you feel you are most inline with Fundamental Evangelical, then simply say as such. Same if you are Lutheran, Baptist, etc.

The reason this is important is because in discussions we can then understand where you are coming from. It also will help us address your issues in a way that is more suited to your particular Non-Catholic beliefs.

In any case, Welcome to the Forums…

Also, remember to hold on to Charity. Though you have not done this. You will get better response if you say “It is my understanding that Catholics worship Mary, why is that” as opposed to “Why do you Catholics Worship Mary over Jesus?”

Both get the same message across, but one holds the love and charity Christ demands of all of his followers

May you be blessed in your stay

In Christ
 
part one:
Hello people,
I see all the comments, First off lets come off to a good start, I’m not a protestant, I’m not a Calvanist, I am a bible beliving Christian they way the church is called in Acts 2. Let me ask a few questions:
First off, Do you believe that Gods Word is truth and holds authority over the world and mankind (John 17:17)?. If you do, praise God, another Question: is Do you believe that people even the elect will be decieved?(Matt 24:24) If you believe in these things in which Jesus Christ mentions then were off to a good start. I’m not here to argue, everything that will be mentioned will be mentioned with righteous judgement(God" word)(Matt 7:17)

.
I’m not a protestant
You filled in your bio.
You said your religion was protestant:
Age:
21 Location:
I live in Wrightwood, Ca, Usa Religion:
protestant Interests:
Reading the Word of God, painting and playing worship Occupation:
I am a retail analyst and full time servant of Christ Jesus

I am a bible beliving Christian they way the church is called in Acts 2
In Acts, the Early Church (singular - no reformers, no splits, no man-dounded denominations, no personal agendas) had no Bible
Within a generation, those early believers were called Catholic. And the only Authority for the many groups of these believers was that which came from Jesus through His Apostles.

Do you believe that Gods Word is truth
God’s Word is God. In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The Truth is not something, It is Somebody, and His Name is Jesus Christ.
The Word…Jesus Christ… is revealed to us as He planned it. First through the Tradition (all oral teaching given to the Apostles alone). That is Tradition, not traditions.
Second through much of the Tradition being first written down (not commanded by Jesus, but certainly inspired by the Holy Spirit), into a format that was combined with the Old Testament Scriptures to give mankind the Bible.
Third, is the teaching authority which started with Peter ("… feed My sheep, tend My flock, tend My sheep…"), is protected divinely by God (Matt 16:18ff), and continues to this day and beyound ("…whatsoever you shall bind…shall loose…")

.
 
Jesus also states:
“And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have everlasting life; and I will raise him up at the last day.” John 6:40. Now is this a contradiction? Or what is He really trying to say?
“The flesh profits nothing” John 6:63
These are just a few things that I’ve mentioned, I have the Catecism and the apacratha. We also can soeak about cannon of scripture if you wish, or even Mary.
I care for everyone here and I just want you to know the truth.
Well, we have the Truth my friend. The Catholic Church describe very well in 1 Timothy 3:15

“if I am delayed, you may know how one ought to behave in the household of God, which is the Church of the living God, the pillar and bulwark of the truth.”

What is the Truth? We know the Truth is not a something. It’s a somebody. His name is Jesus Christ. He is the Way, the Truth and the Life.
 
part two
Do you believe your a good person? You stated that you keep all commandments. What commandments do you keep? If it’s the 10 commandments, Paul states in Galatians 2:16 “knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law but by faith in Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we might be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law; for by the works of the law no flesh shall be justified.”
You see it’s not us who can keep the law, we as man failed to keep the law so Christ came and died, so that now having faith in Christ’s righteousness, we put on that righteousness. There’s nothing that you can do apart from God(Romans 4:6)it is Christ who strenthens us. By having faith good deeds will come. There’s not list that we have to follow.
… Are you trying to hard to do good, keeping all the sacraments? Do you keep the 7 sacraments? And Lucy have you truly “repented” and believed in the Gospel of Christ, to forsake all efforts to save yourself from the sacrements(which isn’t a law in the bible)good works, indulgences. To believe in the Gospel is to believe that Christ paid it all at the cross. Hebrews 10 states:y that will we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.
Hbr 10:11
And every priest stands ministering daily and offering repeatedly the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins.
Hbr 10:12
But this Man, after He had offered one sacrifice for sins forever, sat down at the right hand of God,
Hbr 10:13
from that time waiting till His enemies are made His footstool.
Hbr 10:14
For by one offering He has perfected forever those who are being sanctified.
Hbr 10:18
Now where there is remission of these, there is no longer an offering for sin.
Which comes to the last question: Do you believe Jesus paid it all at the cross? And if you do, then is there a need for transubstantiation? If Christ paid it all on the cross, why must we continue to sacrifice our saviour in a waffer. That some how God Himself physically becomes that waffer when the priest says “bread”. It is true, Jesus is the bread of life, He states "“Whoever eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.” John 6:54 but then Jesus also states:
“And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have everlasting life; and I will raise him up at the last day.” John 6:40. Now is this a contradiction? Or what is He really trying to say?
“The flesh profits nothing” John 6:63

I care for everyone here and I just want you to know the truth.
Paul states in Galatians 2:16 "knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law
And Catholic have always taught that (even if most/many do not understand thier own Faith) Works, and works-of-the-law are quite different.

Protestants usually cling to Sola S or Sola F. Catholics should respond to you that we are saved by Grace Alone, through Faith Alone, working in Love. Solo Deo Gratia

And Lucy have you truly “repented” and believed in the Gospel of Christ, to forsake all efforts to save yourself from the sacrements(which isn’t a law in the bible)good works, indulgences.
This show much confusion on your part. But yes we must repent …IF we are able… and be baptised by (not in) water and the Holy Spirit. But it is not just our personal faith (a work) that could save one. Think of the crippled who was lowered through the roof. Think of the centurion’s servant who was healed. Whose act of faith did Jesus respond to?

Do you believe Jesus paid it all at the cross? And if you do, then is there a need for transubstantiation? If Christ paid it all on the cross, why must we continue to sacrifice our saviour in a waffer
Again, it is simply a lack of understanding of what Jesus said and did, and how the Catholic Church must adhere to His Will.

Christ’s death on the cross re-opened the gates of Heaven for those who would merit it in their belief in the Savior.

As Colossians says, we make up for what is lacking in Christ’s afflictions. Christ will not spend eternity in hell for the grave sinner. His total atonement for all mankind appeased the Father, and again presented us to the Father as those able to receive the inheiritance of heaven, and the sonship with Jesus.

As for why we continue to re-present the sacrifice… it is because Jesus said so. John 6, the overlooked and/or abused chapter protestants have walked away from.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top