When you become Catholic,

I sense you’ll have the fire in your belly for the faith.
The number of Catholics not living the faith is legion in numbers. The number of Catholics who don’t know their faith is legion in numbers. That’s just fact. And that’s not okay. The amount of information available to Catholics from the Church so that people can learn the faith properly is avalanche in size. How many people avail themselves of this? Certainly not 100%.
I was listening to a news program yesterday on TV. 3 Catholics were being interviewed about about this “Duck Dynasty” issue. One being homosexual activity. 2 out of the 3 Catholics disagreed with Church teaching. That’s not okay. And they did this on an internationally syndicated news network which means a ton of viewers saw this spectacle.
Peter was inspired to teach the following to his fellow Catholics
1 Pet 1
13 Therefore gird up your minds, be sober, set your hope fully upon the grace that is coming to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ. 14 As obedient children, do not be conformed to the passions of your former ignorance, 15 but as he who called you is holy, be holy yourselves in all your conduct; 16 since it is written, “You shall be holy, for I am holy.” 17 And if you invoke as Father him who judges each one impartially according to his deeds, conduct yourselves with fear throughout the time of your exile.
2 Pet 1
5 For this very reason make every effort to supplement your faith with virtue, and virtue with knowledge, 6 and knowledge with self-control, and self-control with steadfastness, and steadfastness with godliness, 7 and godliness with brotherly affection, and brotherly affection with love. 8 For if these things are yours and abound, they keep you from being ineffective or unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 For whoever lacks these things is blind and shortsighted and has forgotten that he was cleansed from his old sins. 10 Therefore, brethren, be the more zealous to confirm your call and election, for if you do this you will never fall; 11 so there will be richly provided for you an entrance into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. 12 Therefore I intend always to remind you of these things, though you know them and are established in the truth that you have. 13 I think it right, as long as I am in this body,
d] to arouse you by way of reminder, 14 since I know that the putting off of my body
e] will be soon, as our Lord Jesus Christ showed me. 15 And I will see to it that after my departure you may be able at any time to recall these things.
Catholics need to take this seriously.