Do you agree with transgenderism

  • Thread starter Thread starter Marshmallow2
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Marshmallow2

Guest
I don’t think the Church has a set view on this like it does with homosexuality. Personally I see it as a phase as He created us and we shouldn’t mess with His work.
But curious as to how most Catholics see (is it transgenderism?)?
 
Last edited:
I don’t care what someone calls themself, or who they enjoy having sex with, as long as they keep it out of my face.

ICXC NIKA
 
It’s a passing fad. In a few years’ time, kids will be asking, “Mommy, what was gender theory?”
 
I can see how if you are born with XXY chromosomes etc, intersex in terms of genitalia or with hormone imbalances, that could make someone feel gender dysphoric. If you aren’t though, then feeling you are the ‘wrong sex’ has got to be a mental illness hasn’t it? I mean how can I feel like a man trapped in a woman’s body when I do not know what it feels like to be a man. You must just be going round In circles. People experiencing this have it tough for sure. Praying for them xx
 
Last edited:
I disagree with it, i believe that it is a distortion of God’s creation and its nature, but we should not make memes and insults against those who deal with transgenderism, and help them instead of just memeing around.
 
It’s a disorder just like other disorders

Treating the Church and it’s followers as bigots because we don’t accept their lifestyle, is turning society into moral anarchy.

Jim
 
Yes exactly. Personally I thinks it’s a phase that they will hopefully grow out of when they mature
 
Sadly, some may not, and thats something we should take an eye on.
 
I wish I could agree that it’s just a phase but with so much $$ being poured into these groups by liberals, if I is a phase it’s a phase that may be with us for years to come. Many Catholics, in particular those that are ignorant always go with the “whatever feels good as long as they are law abiding, and besides who are we to judge. God loves them too and we are called to love everyone.” I’m a man but what if I feel like a dog? Would it be OK for me to go to every tree, every fire hydrant, and lift up a leg and urinate on it in public?

Will doctors delivering a baby now be persecuted if they announce the birth of a baby as “It’s a boy!” or “It’s a girl!”, because some people will want to child to determine what it wants to be when they grow up. Some say there are more then two genders. OK show me; male, female, and,______ (fill in the blank)
 
Because we do not know God, we are unable to even know what we ourselves are. Like a popular Christian song says, “I am who you [God] say I am”. My best possible self is what God says I am.

“While claiming to be wise, they became fools…” (Rom 1:21). I feel bad for these poor lost souls, who are too easily led astray by a culture that is increasingly more foolish every day.
 
There’s a few things going on here. “Traditional” transgenderism recognizes two genders but the issue is that they identify internally as the opposite. This is gender dysphoria. I certainly think it’s a real mental condition. I don’t think sex re-assignment surgery or presenting as the opposite sex is the ethical treatment for it.

More recently, and what I think is only a trend, is the conflation of gender with gender roles, and of gender identity with uniqueness. “Sometimes I feel male, sometimes female.” “I’m mostly male but occasionally feel female.” Or even “My gender is part angelic and part vampire” (true story). I agree that people frequently enough don’t neatly fit into traditional gender roles, but that’s not changing one’s gender. A boy can like dolls and baking. A girl can like sports and rough housing. That doesn’t mean you’re a non-conforming or new gender.

And of course, we also have people who are genuinely intersex due to physiological developments. That is certainly a real circumstance.

As for gender… it’s not the same as gender roles. We just use gendered language to refer to individuals by their biological sex.
 
Last edited:
I strongly disagree with it. God created us to male or female. That’s the way God created Adam and Eve. When a male becomes a female or vice versa, you are distorting the way God created us and are basically saying " screw you God, I know better than you do".
 
As a fad, it is a disorder and downright diabolical. We are certainly living in a time when those who stop believing in God start to believe in the most preposterous lies.
 
I see it as an issue for the people who have the condition, for their families, and for their priest to determine.
I am and have been friendly with or worked with or seen at church some transgender people. I treat them like people and leave them to handle their own personal business.
 
Last edited:
The idea does not manifest itself naturally; it does not occur to well adjusted people. It occurs to the confused and unsure. It it 100% reliant on the development of the science necessary to mutilate the human body and alter it into some semblance of the opposite sex.

Why not a third sex? Why not asexual?
 
‘Transgender’ people are simply members of whatever sex they were born with. They may think they are another sex but they are not. Such people can be faithful Christians if they accept that God has given them a sex that cannot be changed.

If I wake up tomorrow and proclaim that I am the Queen of England, then does that make me the Queen of England? Of course not.

Pray for these people that they may find the truth.
 
Like any other form of a mental disorder that should be handled with care and love. People who have gender dysphoria have an uncomfortable cross to bear, and even when they transition, the dysphoria is still there. Of course, I don’t agree with it, and I can see the idea some people only having it as a phase.
I’m interested in learning about all types of mental disorders and other psychological topics, so I try to look in what I can about these kinds of topics.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top