O
oldcatholicguy
Guest
That would be because the Bible isn’t a science or a history book.
That would be because the Bible isn’t a science or a history book.
Ah, I’m glad to see that at least we agree on some things.That would be because the Bible isn’t a science or a history book.
There are many questions of philosophy and theology the answers to which leave the price of gas, milk, bread, your income, the entire world the same. Nevertheless, some of us still ask these questions and seek or accept answers.The price of gas, milk, bread, your income, the entire world remains the same, whether it is true or not.
All social systems have some sort of philosophical, moral and religious foundation allowing them to function and provide meaning.There are many questions of philosophy and theology the answers to which leave the price of gas, milk, bread, your income, the entire world the same. Nevertheless, some of us still ask these questions and seek or accept answers.
Since we are not here to debate it I wont bring up the many problems, I just want to contest your statement that it is settled science.It is settled science among physicists and cosmologists that the universe originated in an incredibly violent event which is commonly termed the Big Bang. This theory holds that the entire universe originated from a singularity (which is a zero-dimensional object of infinite density).
I am NOT asking for opinions of what CAUSED the Big Bang. I am simply asking if you agree with these scientists, in that the universe came about in this way.
I am NOT seeking discussion about antimatter, or dark matter/energy, or Minkowski space, or any such subject. I am ONLY asking if you agree or disagree with the theory of the Big Bang.
There were always people who thought that trying to understand the very nature of physical reality - a process often starting with seemingly fruitless speculations - was “not so important”. However, had their views prevailed centuries ago, today we would not be able to do many things, including communicate this way over the internet.That there exists a vault above us or gravitational ripples at the depths into which we peer, these are not so important.
Science offers amazing views of creation.There were always people who thought that trying to understand the very nature of physical reality - a process often starting with seemingly fruitless speculations - was “not so important”. However, had their views prevailed centuries ago, today we would not be able to do many things, including communicate this way over the internet.
Most of these quotes have nothing to do with the Bang. The Bang was an event. What happened after the Bang is what these guys are talking about. There’s endless speculation about what happened after the Bang, especially in the first umpety umpth of a second after the Bang.Since we are not here to debate it I wont bring up the many problems, I just want to contest your statement that it is settled science.
… a bunch of quotes …]
I’d like to see this quote in context. I searched for this and could not find it published online. The purported author, Prof Pavel Kroupa, is an astrophysicist specializing in star and galaxy formation. I think he’s unlikely to disbelieve the Bang - he would be completely ostracized from the academic community.Something is badly wrong with our standard big bang origin
A scientist would say the Bang was the beginning of time, space, and matter. None existed “before” the Bang.Did the Big Bang signal the beginning of creation or just the beginning of the physical universe?
Angels are spiritual beings and have no dependence on (or interaction with) time and space. We do not know if God created the Angels “before” the Bang, but there is no reason why he could not have done so.When Satan fell, was it in this time and space?
Your link seems to support steady state model.Since we are not here to debate it I wont bring up the many problems, I just want to contest your statement that it is settled science. …
here is a list of over 500 phd evolutionist cosmologist astronomers and physicists who are leaving the big bang,You could also add the many creation cosmologist astronomers physicist to this list
homepages.xnet.co.nz/~hardy/cosmologystatement.html
The Church makes no dogmatic statements concerning matters of science.so it has not stated dogmatically if the big bang is constant with the bible?. Just you can believe it? has that been dogmatically stated.
or creation? just mans spirit? what about noahs flood? what does it say about that if anything.The Church makes no dogmatic statements concerning matters of science.
We’re free to believe in the Big Bang or not.