It is an official teaching from Christ to spread the faith. It is also an official teaching to attend Mass every Sunday. If you are attending a protestant service, be sure and not miss Mass on Sunday.I see your point, but I this an official church teaching? As far a s I know, we can even attend a protestant service, but we can’t participate in their sacraments.
I was raised Catholic, started following protestant bible studies and was led away from the Church and during my protestant years did a lot of bible studies and I can say for certain, even line by line and verse by verse protestants and Catholics do not see eye to eye on what the Scriptures mean. As a matter of fact, most protestants do not see eye to eye on what Scripture verses mean. Not even in a historical way. For one reason most protestant preachers are interpreting those individual verses themselves and coming up with what ever they think it might mean, rather than what the Church, the Church Fathers, Saints and Tradition, the Holy Spirit teach us.There’s different ways to study the Bible. Like there’s a verse by verse study people can do.
There’s studying the Bible historically such as who were the Babylonians and when did this book Jeremiah take place.
I mean that kind of studying can’t leave too much error can it?
Only if one is not secure in the teachings of the Catholic Church. My wife attends a non-denominational bible study on occasion and she is keenly aware of what they are teaching. Everything they say she weighs against the gold standard of the Catholic faith. She goes mainly for the Christian fellowship, not the particular dogma’s that they preach.It can lead a Catholic away from the truth of Christ and put their soul in danger.
Have you watched the bible study yourself? Did you find it beneficial? Do you plan to discuss the study with this person you recommend this study to?Do you think it’s wrong also for them to reccomend online protestant bible studies to Catholics ?
I have known people who were very secure in their faith be led away. It isn’t taking much today to pull people out of the Church.People who are normally very strong Catholics.Only if one is not secure in the teachings of the Catholic Church. My wife attends a non-denominational bible study on occasion and she is keenly aware of what they are teaching. Everything they say she weighs against the gold standard of the Catholic faith. She goes mainly for the Christian fellowship, not the particular dogma’s that they preach.