Do you think it's wrong for Catholic converts to watch protestant bible studies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I take a different view.

St. Paul reached out to his own people & Gentiles. He met people where they were & took it from there.

In the military, intelligence is gathered in order to know our enemies & have a tactical advantage over them. In matters of faith we need to know & understand others’ beliefs & lives to know how to reach them where they are.
 
Where can I find Catholic Bible studies ? I really want some


Here’s a couple links.
 
At your parish.

On Formed.org

In the links above, also first comes to mind is the Great Adventure Bible Study and the Little Rock Scripture Study.
 
If you’re looking for a potential degree, Catholic Distance University is affordable. I’d avoid Notre Dame STEP, U. Dayton VLCFF, and Boston College’s Crossroads. I’ve taken courses with all of them. PM me if you want to know more.
I suggest sticking with Newman Society-approved schools.
 
Last edited:
St. Paul reached out to his own people & Gentiles. He met people where they were & took it from there.

In the military, intelligence is gathered in order to know our enemies & have a tactical advantage over them. In matters of faith we need to know & understand others’ beliefs & lives to know how to reach them where they are.
I would agree with this with the exception that the OP is wanting to know about going to protestant Bible studies to learn truths, not to evangelize.
Going to a protestant Bible study to bring the truth of the Catholic church is different than going to a protestant Bible study to study scripture.
 
Catholic Scripture Study international. I have done several of these and they are very good.

https://www.cssprogram.net/

Jeff Cavins or Edward Sri both have great Bible Studies also.

Father Mitch Pacwa has quite a few very good ones also.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top