Do you think Trump was protected by God - to save the USA?

For all his many flaws, Trump appears very favorable to Catholicism and holds the Church in great esteem. He is said to have a statue of St Michael the Archangel on his desk. He will probably never be accused of have a deep knowledge of theology, but he is in no way, shape, or form, an enemy of the Catholic Church. Quite the contrary.

I pray for his conversion, which is far from impossible.
I disagree that Trump has MANY flaws. He has no more than anyone else (and most are in the past?) and quite a lot fewer than many. He is more focused on making things right in this country than just about anyone I can think of.

It seems those who criticize him the most are the ones doing little to nothing to try to change society.

I disagree that Trump has MANY flaws. He has no more than anyone else (and most are in the past?) and quite a lot fewer than many. He is more focused on making things right in this country than just about anyone I can think of.

It seems those who criticize him the most are the ones doing little to nothing to try to change society.

He doesn't seem to be open to much in the way of self-introspection and self-doubt, but that could always just be a tough-guy facade. Rule of life: don't show your weakness. Your adversaries will take it and run with it. He also comes across as kind of obtuse. (To be fair, we all have our moments of lack of self-introspection, lack of self-doubt, and obtuseness now and then. I know I do.)

Not the ideal candidate I'd pick for President, but he did appoint three Supreme Court Justices who overturned Roe v Wade, and his opponents visited an abortion clinic together. That is just about the apotheosis of pure evil. Still, though, being okay with abortion pills, well, there's just more of the obtuseness, shared by all those who are likewise okay with those pills. The earlier back you go in a pregnancy, the less that people uninformed by divine grace are able to see that this is a unique living being with an immortal soul. (As to exactly when that soul is infused, the Church doesn't define that, but the dogma of the Immaculate Conception is a strong indicator of the soul being infused at the moment of conception. We can't take the chance that it's not, no more than a hunter, unsure of what that thing is moving behind a bush, can assume that it's not a human being but a deer or a wild turkey instead.)

He doesn't seem to be open to much in the way of self-introspection and self-doubt, but that could always just be a tough-guy facade. Rule of life: don't show your weakness. Your adversaries will take it and run with it. He also comes across as kind of obtuse. (To be fair, we all have our moments of lack of self-introspection, lack of self-doubt, and obtuseness now and then. I know I do.)

Not the ideal candidate I'd pick for President, but he did appoint three Supreme Court Justices who overturned Roe v Wade, and his opponents visited an abortion clinic together. That is just about the apotheosis of pure evil. Still, though, being okay with abortion pills, well, there's just more of the obtuseness, shared by all those who are likewise okay with those pills. The earlier back you go in a pregnancy, the less that people uninformed by divine grace are able to see that this is a unique living being with an immortal soul. (As to exactly when that soul is infused, the Church doesn't define that, but the dogma of the Immaculate Conception is a strong indicator of the soul being infused at the moment of conception. We can't take the chance that it's not, no more than a hunter, unsure of what that thing is moving behind a bush, can assume that it's not a human being but a deer or a wild turkey instead.)
well, I made up my mind about abortion a LONG time ago, and in earnest once I saw photos of aborted babies, some as old as 6 months (or..?) in trash cans. I cried (and I'm not a big crier, to be sure) and that was the end of any of my doubts about being 1000% pro life. I was very young when that happened, a still-developing brain.. so no one can blame me for not getting it sooner.. In any case, I don't believe Trump is in favor of that abortion pill. That pill is used for some other medical purpose and I believe that's the only reason he didn't want an outright ban. I can't recall what the other purpose was, but he should openly state that using it for abortion is NOT acceptable. I need to research the latest on this..

Back