A
Armor_of_Light
Guest
Best shoes and boots I ever owned!
I only have 1 pair currently…
Oh, wait…
TV show?
Hmm…My mistake!
I only have 1 pair currently…
Oh, wait…
TV show?
Hmm…My mistake!
Well, yah…but I thought it was mis-spelled!Those are Doc Martens. The Brits would never write that name into a sitcom title, the Skinheads (violent white supremacist gang) wear Doc Martens.
Not to mention I said, “We are enjoying it.” We are enjoying them would have referred to shoes, plural.Well, yah…but I thought it was mis-spelled!
OK OK I get it!Not to mention I said, “We are enjoying it.” We are enjoying them would have referred to shoes, plural.![]()
I totally recommend it. We kicked out comast and the >$130 bill, got high speed internet for $29 and Netflix and Hulu for $7.99 each. We love it. I thought I could never live without cable, but Comcast pissed me off so much, that tipped me. Now that we are without cable for 4 months, we watch better TV, and save time not chanel surfing.I am glad you bought this thread up we are probably getting rid of our dish and sticking to Netflix. We watch lots of Brittish shows but mostly the dark creepy crime shows like Cracker, and Reebus. I am breathlessly awaiting Downton abbey’ season two to show up on Netflix so I can watch when DH is not around.
7 Up is a great series, discovered it in college years ago, that was when they had gotten to 21 or maybe 35 Up. It’s very interesting to see what happens to all of the kids. I have it in my Amazon cart to buy. It really shows, to me, how stratified British society has been and in some cases, still is.I totally recommend it. We kicked out comast and the >$130 bill, got high speed internet for $29 and Netflix and Hulu for $7.99 each. We love it. I thought I could never live without cable, but Comcast pissed me off so much, that tipped me. Now that we are without cable for 4 months, we watch better TV, and save time not chanel surfing.
On Netflix, I found a great British series called 7 Up. It follows some kids from 1964, every 7 years to see what happens to them, that are all from different backgrounds.
We are almost done watching all Doc Martins.
I thought the same thing - “wow! I haven’t ever seen a thread on shoes on here - how cool! I’m so excited…oh. never mind.”I thought it was about the shoes LOL
What a weird topic, maybe there is a modesty angle to it, I wondered.![]()
We do watch a number of British films and series, including a new one, “Call the Midwife” a unique series set in the 1950s about a convent of nuns shared with young midwives attending in the poorest areas of London. More engaging than one might imagine, and one of the nuns in particular is a source of many chuckles with her out-of-phase wisdom.Have you seen “Wallander” with Kenneth Branagh? It’s a very dark show, rather weird because the character was written as a Swede but in this case, everyone is British, but every once in a while a few Swedish words are tossed in. There are only 3 shows per season; last week was the 2nd so one more.
Wallander
DMs are worn by a lot more than skinheads - they were highly fashionable a few years ago and have been a mainstream fashion item for years.Those are Doc Martens. The Brits would never write that name into a sitcom title, the Skinheads (violent white supremacist gang) wear Doc Martens.